blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:28:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Darts Betting and discussion
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 ... 236 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Darts Betting and discussion  (Read 487245 times)
nuros

View Profile
« Reply #2955 on: December 31, 2017, 01:22:27 AM »

Best game ever?!?! And yes definitely agreee that booing on mvgs throw was awful, was watching at local boozer with everyone supporting cross and not one person didnt speak up against it. WHAT A GAME THOUGH!
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: December 31, 2017, 02:19:47 AM »

Disgraceful booing and whistling, if I was there and saw a neighbour do it i'd wade in.

Only other time I saw it that bad was Cross vs MVG and it was a big match somewhere and every time cross went to throw a double some idiot whistled and MVG went on to win and MVG denied it happened after, so a little karma there
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: December 31, 2017, 12:52:40 PM »

Crowd were ridiculous but at the end of the day darts is sold as a laddy night out and the snakepit crowd is now part of the game, its not nice when you're MVG and you care about the worlds more than anything else in the world and everyone is booing you when you have a huge dart...but, at the same time he's world #1 this is part of it and he certainly can't blame the crowd for losing the game. Would much rather see it not happen, there's a line and the crowd did cross it.

Rob Cross though, what a fucking guy, world #6 - he is world #6 and hasn't even had his tour card for 12 months yet, as far as an achievement goes it's breathtaking. If he wins (which he might!!!) he's world #3 for gods sake it shouldn't be possible! From Total rookie to World #3 in 12 months, it's 1 in a 100 lifetimes will never happen again. This is the most competitive sport around atm too - out of the 8 quarter finalists 4 of them started the tournament outside of the world top 20!

3 best games of the tournament have been Cross vs Demitri, Cross vs Smith and Cross vs MVG. It's just amazing.

Now we have Taylor's last ever game in pro darts and it's in a world final, can't write it, speaking to Kev Allen yday he said if you wrote this story down in a book you'd hurl the book out of the window and call it nonsense, as a darts fan i'm just absolutely buzzing for what happened Cheesy amazing day! What a sport - 2 years running it's been the 2nd biggest sport for viewings on sky sports and it's not gonna stop! Next step, get those euro tours on TV, before too long will be £20k FTW in the pro tours, £50k FTW Euros, £250k ftw majors and £750k for the worlds. Darts unstoppable force, it's fast, action packed, got big personalities, super exciting, easy to follow.

Taylor's dominance of the sport is unprecedented in any other sport in history, 30 years since he started he's still comfortably top 5 best players in the world and gonna retire as world #3 there's just no words for it.

Think I owe Lil'Dave a drink. Fairly sure he tipped Rob Cross up way back in June.

I think you might be right , I've got a 66/1 ticket and I would never have put that on without a recommend. Thanks Dave or whoever it was.

You're welcome Wink

Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: January 01, 2018, 07:54:19 PM »

I have nearly 65% of my net worth on a cross win. Lets ffffff go!
RobS

View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: January 01, 2018, 08:11:10 PM »

The remaining 35% on Taylor?
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: January 01, 2018, 08:22:11 PM »

Lets go crossyyyyy

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: January 01, 2018, 09:12:00 PM »

Good leg to win, that one.

Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: January 01, 2018, 09:31:53 PM »

The remaining 35% on Taylor?

Lol the remaining 65% ready for a divorce settlement if she found out I lost!
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: January 01, 2018, 10:20:33 PM »

That was phenomenal. Given the circumstances it’s the best darting performance of all time by miles. He put his foot on Phil’a throat early and never took it off. To donthat as a rookie in your first world final is beyond special.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: January 01, 2018, 10:40:27 PM »

Incred performance and nice to see Phil take it graciously, classy at the end is a nice touch

K Anderson bubbles, Whitlock kinda puzzling after falling flat at the business end of the year

back in for Unibet Masters on Jan 26th Cheesy

HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: January 01, 2018, 10:47:58 PM »

Whitlock is baffling to me.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: January 01, 2018, 10:54:54 PM »

Do the Aussies pay a fair bit to show it?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: January 01, 2018, 10:56:31 PM »

Great final, and the battle of the baldies should be good for the next decade or so!

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: January 02, 2018, 11:25:19 AM »

Just absolutely wow.

World Darts is just so exciting these days, even though Big Phil didn't walk out with a win, its a fitting end that his last ever game was a world championship final.

The rankings are now very interesting! Rob Cross is going to end his debut year, incredibly, as world #3! He'll captain the england world cup team, and set off 5/1 second fave for the Prem! He has a £160k buffer over Gary Anderson in #5 (4 without PT) and £150k to make up on Peter Wright, with no prize money to defend this year Gary has an almost impossible task of reclaiming the lead over Cross in the rankings. This means as world #3 Cross will swerve MVG pre final in all majors - something tells me there's going to be a fair few Cross/MVG matchups this coming year...

Peter Wright, for now, has a steady grasp on world #2, with a £150k buffer, however danger is imminent - with £290k to defend over the year, to Rob Cross' £0, means Peter Wright is gonna have to end the year with over £100k more prize money to stay ahead, Peter Wright has not been at the races really last 6 months of the year, however he won the world series finals, finaled two majors in that time, so yeh - he knows how to win games, assume hes gonna be grinding hard once again and will probably run into Rob Cross a fair amount in the semis. What he doesn't want to do is have sloppy start to the year, and find himself £80k behind Rob Cross going into the back end of the year where he has £150k to defend.

Gary is £160k behind Rob Cross, and has £320k of defend mostly at the back end of the year, even if Rob Cross drops off, probably not possible for Gary to over-take him - annoying thing for Gary is he's going to run into MVG in the semis in everything, a £300k gap behind PW and more money to defend think Gary's gonna need some help if he's to crack back into the top 3. Daryl Gurney has a nice year ahead of him, hes only defending £1210k over the year he's £40k behind Gary and £60k ahead of Mensur who has about £180k to defend, very good spot to get himself a good hold on world #4 for Daryl. Despite all 3 of them fizzling out at the worlds, I think they all semm in good shape, Daryl and Mensur are big grinders and Gary has said he will return to european tour and up his pro tour volume this year so shoudl be a good scrap. Behind this pack is Chizzy and Whitlock, Chizzy has big problems, out of form, injury worries, £200k to defend over the year and his top 10 spot is under threat. If I'm the top 6, i'm not too worried about any threats from these two at the moment.

First time ever, but the Rob Cross danger exists even for Mighty MVG! He has, at the moment a ~£1.2m lead over cross in 3rd, and a £1.05m lead over PW in second, however 2016 was such a rocket of a year for MVG he has £1.157m of open rankings money to defend this year (he won every major) so he could very easily see his lead over Voltage slashed significantly, even if MVG repeats his incredible 2016, he's likely to see his lead cut by 30-40% minimum. PEter Wright isn't beyond catching him up a little either.

The fallen heros; Adrian Lewis and James Wade. Lewis only has £110k to defend this year, if he can focus without the premier league (he's never liked it anyway) grind the pro tour and euro tour properly and put a few decent performances in the majors he could get himself very easily back into the top 10. I think if he can cash for £250k this year then he'll be happily back into the top 8, he needs to get himself sorted fast though, get himself into the top 16 and push on from there.Guys like Darren Webster, Joe Cullen, Kyle Anderson pushing behind him he doesn't want a slow start and slip into the mid 20s. Wade £190k to defend this year, form picked up at the end of last year, he still in the top 10 without Phil so same scenario, get grinding and see if he can re-find some form. With his experience you'd still fancy him to be competitive in the pro tour and could feasibly hold on to his top 16 spot this year.

Jelle Klaasen, exactly the same spot. only a few thousand off the top 16, competitive chasing pack, needs to get himself ready and right. Ian White, Alan Norris, Kim Huybrechts - all the same, big danger of falling into the 20s.

Exciting times for Webster, Smith, Cullen, K.Anderson, Price all on the rise and defending relatively small money for the year, Price and Smith could find some form and drive up into the top 10 (espcially with Chizzy, Wade etc above them) whereas Webster/Cullen/Kyle really need to push on from some good performances last year and get up into that top 16, Anderson had a good year last year and if he can put a good major run together and get up towards the top 10, he's gonna be a big shout for the PL 2019. Cullen another one, so many good performances on tour but just melts on the big stage - when he fixes that he's got the game to be a real top 10 contender.

Benito another one who needs to watch himself, £155k to defend and he's not been impressive of late, #13 without phil and he could very easily start poorly and find himself behind the chasers.

Guys I think are gonna make some runs next year from outside the top 16...

1) James Wilson - world #30, under £100k off the top 16 and hs a very dangerous game, gusy capable of averaging 105-108 for 5-10 legs are always a danger in the short format games and if he can get himself on form and ping a decent draw in one of the majors he'll be a threat to the top 16 and I wouldn't be shocked to see him crack it.

2) Jamie Lewis - Obvious selection, but he has £45k to defend this year, and only £100k to make up to the top 16 - he'll have supreme confidence from his incredible WC run and if he continues those performances he's gonna cause real problems for anyone.

3) Robert Thornton - didn't see this guy on the list a few months ago, but the Thorn has recovered from a year he looked destined to exit the world #32 still in #24 and his performances since the GP have improved drastically, I could really see the Thorn making some move back at the top 16 now he has hardly any prize money to defend this year. He has some competitive guys chasing him down though, so he's still got some danger.

4) Big Hendo - some big performances on tour last year, beat a lot of big names, no prize money to defend, got a very solid game. Watch out top 16 big john's a'rocking.

5) Demitri - £150k to make up to the top 16, great player, tons of confidence, super hard worker, no prize money to defend, I think he'll be a big mover this year. He's also pretty likely to ping a world series invite, and being a Belgian with Kim struggling will help him out - he's also gonna partner Kim at the World Cup probably which is just more experience for him.

6) Josh Payne - Lost to DVDB in the world final, great action and a confident guy, put some good performances in last year and I think he'll make some moves this year.

7) Johny Clayton - another guy miles better than his #32 ranking, just like all the guys around him he needs to ping a few favourable draws in the majors and he'll be flying.

Roll on 2018!

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: January 02, 2018, 11:30:43 AM »

I am pretty zzzzz about his involvement, however I think he does tick a pretty much all boxes for a PL spots;

1) Good TV performance in the past yr - TICK - Final the GP
2) Good World Ranking - TICK - world #8
3) Good Tour form - TICK - had a very good year on tour, the start of the year in particular
4) Appeal to a specific nation - TICK - Australian darts will love him being in there
5) Pedigree - TICK - World Champs final, Euro winner etc
6) Star factor - NO TICK - this is what's missing, he's just a bit boring compared to a Mensur, Smith, even Chizzy or Lewis.

If you compare to people he got the nod ahead off, Lewis/Chizzy/Kyle/Wade he probably does deserve the spot over those guys... Would have had Demitri in there over him, but he's still only #40 in the world Demitri but I think he ticks all 1/3/4/6 boxes comfortably.

Pages: 1 ... 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 ... 236 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: