blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:40:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272583 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Darts Betting and discussion
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 210 ... 236 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Darts Betting and discussion  (Read 487956 times)
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #3075 on: July 23, 2018, 07:34:03 AM »

Such a bizarre game, the highest average of the first round so far, seemed to have the game under control but then out of nowhere just didn't. Darts is tough, you give people darts to win legs consistently then you'l get beat. Blackpool such a tough venue, Gary averaged under 97 but it looked like a 100+.

One of the biggestthings that I was considering before this was how the WSOD gys would be in this early round after some intense travelling over the past 2 weeks, MVG didn't look great in Vegas, Shanghai or here and I think the travelling toko its tole a bit, combined with a young family, heavy schedule etc, no surprise he's struggled - more of a surprise it doesn't affect more.  Micheal Smith and Gary Anderson have exactly the same situation (maybe a little less intense) each won a WSOD event, and put in two of the best performances of the round.

Price looked really struggling, he's been nursing his injury for a while but i think he was mostly just knackered, tough to know exactly how Gurney was affected - he hasn't been in great form but got the job done here and there, he played poorly but won, so fair play.

Think it's all going to give Wade and Wright a nice advantage them having 2 extra days to chill out will be nice, Wade must realllllly realllllllly fancy this, in good form at one of his favourite venues.... can't wait to see how he plays. The age old question too, what darts will Peter Wright use??

Was sat next to a group of lads yesterday who said they were out on the piss when Gerwyn Price until 5am the night before. He was visibly limping as he came off for breaks and looked absolutely green on stage. Sure the heat was enjoyable for him.........

Atmosphere was incredible yesterday afternoon. Going again tonight, let's get big Hendo home for a wheelbarrow job.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: July 23, 2018, 09:53:32 AM »

that explains a lot then! He's been carrying this injury for ages and has put in some decent performances in spite of it - however, hangover/jetlag/sore foot is gonna catch up with you eventually Cheesy

Can't really get behind big Hendo tonight, his recent form is a bit iffy (not that it's that important) and he is close to useless in hot conditions, if you watch the euro tours, one of the easiest bets in the world is to google weather forecast in the morning, if its anywhere near 25 degrees lay hendo and it's pretty much impeccable system. That being said I can't get too enthusiastically behind Kim either given how easy he seems to find it to lose any game, to any one, at any time.

Gonna look at a big handicap for Wright tonight, Klaasen likes big stages and has had 5 leg flashes of brilliance this year (albeit sporadic) and PW might be using home-made darts his 4yr old Nephew made, but can't see Jelle passing 85 average and that should get you sent home pretty quick against Wright whatever he's using. Nothing on the outrights stands out from the other two, wouldn't put anyone off a cuple of small win pokes on Watty and North, Wade just looks like a new man though and whitlock despite inconsistency is pretty tough to beat playing someone vastly improving but a little inexperienced.

Wheelbarrow staying indoors tonight. It's been moving around plenty over past 48 hours though!

HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: July 23, 2018, 10:26:11 AM »

that explains a lot then! He's been carrying this injury for ages and has put in some decent performances in spite of it - however, hangover/jetlag/sore foot is gonna catch up with you eventually Cheesy

Can't really get behind big Hendo tonight, his recent form is a bit iffy (not that it's that important) and he is close to useless in hot conditions, if you watch the euro tours, one of the easiest bets in the world is to google weather forecast in the morning, if its anywhere near 25 degrees lay hendo and it's pretty much impeccable system. That being said I can't get too enthusiastically behind Kim either given how easy he seems to find it to lose any game, to any one, at any time.

Gonna look at a big handicap for Wright tonight, Klaasen likes big stages and has had 5 leg flashes of brilliance this year (albeit sporadic) and PW might be using home-made darts his 4yr old Nephew made, but can't see Jelle passing 85 average and that should get you sent home pretty quick against Wright whatever he's using. Nothing on the outrights stands out from the other two, wouldn't put anyone off a cuple of small win pokes on Watty and North, Wade just looks like a new man though and whitlock despite inconsistency is pretty tough to beat playing someone vastly improving but a little inexperienced.

Wheelbarrow staying indoors tonight. It's been moving around plenty over past 48 hours though!

Kim can't win in Blackpool.! I don't know what it is about the Winter Gardens, but I just back his opponent blind every year. Just so happened to be Big John this year but agree on the heat.

When I saw the draw I was tempted to load up on Wattimena but didn't pull the trigger. Wade just one of these guys who seems to find a way to win these type of games.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: July 23, 2018, 12:10:33 PM »

Yeah, also if you been following the Euro/Pro Tour Wade is rejuvenated at the moment, really is playing really good. You need a 97+ average to beat him I think and Watty got it in the locker but I just don't know if he can do it on this stage for 16+ legs.

Jono3131

View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: July 25, 2018, 06:00:31 PM »

Any thoughts on tonight? Fancy an armchair punt!
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: July 25, 2018, 09:30:25 PM »

Have a little Huybrechts +3.5 if you there is 4/5 or better around.

Quite ike O17.5 legs here if you can get 4/5 also, Webster likes a scrap

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: July 25, 2018, 10:29:16 PM »

I'd reccommend;

Small bet Field vs MVG 2.0
Reasonably big bet winning quarter 4th quarter 5/1

Medium Peter Wright 10/1 EW
Medium Mensur Suljovic 28/1 EW
Small Darren Webster 150/1 EW
Small Jermaine Wattimena 300/1 EW

Comonnnnnnn

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: July 25, 2018, 10:51:32 PM »

Wesbter was my worry backing Cross ew.  He really is still massively under the radar Webster relative to his ranking and performances.
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: July 26, 2018, 10:16:37 AM »

Cross just not at the races at all last night.

Wright looked great, think he's settled on his darts finally.

My 'man in the know' rang me last night in a fit of hysterics. Apparently after losing, Wade went straight into the car park behind the Winter Gardens and kicked the crap out of his car. He then screamed at a bunch of lads trying to get a selfie before the security team got hold of him and whisked him away.

Going again tonight, tough life Smiley
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: July 26, 2018, 03:03:18 PM »

Cross just not at the races at all last night.

Wright looked great, think he's settled on his darts finally.

My 'man in the know' rang me last night in a fit of hysterics. Apparently after losing, Wade went straight into the car park behind the Winter Gardens and kicked the crap out of his car. He then screamed at a bunch of lads trying to get a selfie before the security team got hold of him and whisked him away.

Going again tonight, tough life Smiley

Last night pretty much summed up Cross’ year. No consistency at all. It’s been the same in the Euro Tours.  Turns up and looks great one game then sticks in a 90 ave and goes out next round. The PL obviously upset his routine at the start of the year but he still hasn’t been able to find any sort of consistency from game to game never mind week to week.

Snakebite has used the darts twice. Not sure that constitutes settling on them. I’d happily have the absolute lot on him having changed darts at least once between now and the WGP. It’s what he does.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: July 26, 2018, 03:55:05 PM »

I’d happily have the absolute lot on him having changed darts at least once between now and the WGP. It’s what he does.

How long will it stay a negative in Mardle's eyes if he keeps banging in 108 averages I wonder.

Was loving this tournament when MVG went out, had a real feel of "anyone can win" but now Anderson and Wright seem to have stepped up and falsified that. Still been some quality matches, roll on tonight. Come on Cullen!

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: July 26, 2018, 07:02:39 PM »

Mensur is a SUPER live runner in this. I've been saying it for weeks!!!!!! GO ON MENSUR!

Wright's darts shenanigans is a big negative i think, nothing to do with the equipment it's all about his mental state - he just doesn't have the belief in his game to stand up and say "i'm world number 2 come at me" he's consistently changing, I believe to always have validation for a poor performance, "Wright changed his darts again and averaged 91 got beat by Steve Beaton" Sounds a lot better than... "Wright wasn't good enough today"

He really does have the weakest mental game of anyone in the top 6 which considering he's absolute clutch in the past at big moments is a real shame.

HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: July 27, 2018, 08:43:07 AM »

Wow - bucket list job last night.

A live 9 darter............. it went OFF in the Winter Gardens! Best darts venue in the UK in my opinion.
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: July 28, 2018, 07:54:29 PM »

Incredible first three darts by Wright! https://twitter.com/officialpdc/status/1023272702176505856?s=12
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3089 on: July 29, 2018, 05:19:40 PM »

Bookies have the final priced up like it’s all over. Can Mensur turn it on?

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 210 ... 236 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: