blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:18:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Darts Betting and discussion
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 212 ... 236 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Darts Betting and discussion  (Read 484673 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3105 on: August 22, 2018, 05:36:58 PM »

Barneys PL spot in real jeopardy too... BH showed last year that reps dont hold you up on your own when Jackpot got iced... Semi final in the worlds 2 years ago and since then never past the 1/4 final stage of any ranking event, not even a PPC event. Two world cup wins and final of the masters are pretty much the only thing on Barney's resume over the past 24 months. In fact, you have to go make to late 2015 for his last win (Shaghai Masters) and his last PDC ranking win was in 2013.

Not really premier league calibre that if we're honest, but Barney is Barney, and Sky Sports wildcard has been locked for years....I wonder if the Dance is Danced by now?

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: August 22, 2018, 06:19:29 PM »

Barneys PL spot in real jeopardy too... BH showed last year that reps dont hold you up on your own when Jackpot got iced... Semi final in the worlds 2 years ago and since then never past the 1/4 final stage of any ranking event, not even a PPC event. Two world cup wins and final of the masters are pretty much the only thing on Barney's resume over the past 24 months. In fact, you have to go make to late 2015 for his last win (Shaghai Masters) and his last PDC ranking win was in 2013.

Not really premier league calibre that if we're honest, but Barney is Barney, and Sky Sports wildcard has been locked for years....I wonder if the Dance is Danced by now?

No chance Barney has way more credit than Jackpot when it comes to PL especially after last year's Dutch crowd reaction.  I personally think barney will be a lock wild card until the day he retires from the game.  Unique global fan fav.  Never been a player like barney in the history of darts fan wise.
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: August 22, 2018, 08:02:40 PM »

https://www.live-darts.com/category/bdo-darts-news/bdo-lift-sanctions-on-pdc-players-20180822/

Thoughts on this?
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: August 23, 2018, 12:04:09 PM »

Finally BDO, after a decade of just spitefully treating the PDC as the evil stepbrother, new guy has come along and seen that the PDC is an exciting, innovating money machine and the BDO can't compete on a single point!

If you asked someone would they rather be PDC #32 or BDO #1 then its not even a decision... something gotta change

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: August 23, 2018, 06:59:39 PM »

It’s a good move for the players. Not sure there’s much in it for the BDO. They have effectively given their players a free shot at Q School in the knowledge that ifthey fail they can go back to the BDO Tour. Overall I’m not sure it will really have much of an impact.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: September 21, 2018, 06:12:36 PM »

Champions League Of Darts this weekend!

Really a big fan of this tournament, top 8 fighting it out and I really like the format for a closed event. £100k for the win too, so punchy event!

The format is 2x groups of 4, everyone plays everyone 1 time, winner of group A plays second in group B and vica versa in the other semi, BO19/21 matches too which is great.

Every player is going through something different at the moment in the top 8 which makes this tournament really interesting, lets have a look at the outrights

1. MVG - 5/6

"bad patch" recently for MVG, of course when I say bad patch I mean he's still won a world series and a euro tour during the last two months, and overall this year he has 20 titles and over £500,000 in prize money, but nonetheless, he's looked beatable, he was iffy in the world series events, he was majestic in the first Euro Tour back, he was ill in the Dutch Masters and got turned over by Steve Lennon i the first game - he took last weekend off, and you know he REALLY wants to win this tournament as it remains the only PDC title he's never won. Tough to ever write him off, his mentality for winning and pure talent means he always comes back around, but tough to really consider him at odds given given his form. His group  has Gary, Chizzy and Gurney in it so you'd expect him and gary to be showing down for the group.

2. Gary Anderson - 4/1

Gary is having a great year, looks in great form all year, loves big stages, loves playing the big players, handles multiple games in a day as well as any of the other top players (bar MVG) and he's got so much confidence he will bounce back from an iffy performance pretty quick. He will actually like the fact he's in MVG group too, as it means he wont play him in the semi and Gary knows he's the one guy who can actually live with MVG on top form. 4/1 Gary would tempt me over 5/6 MVG, I think the draw will suit him and he's used to winning right now.

3. Rob Cross - 6/1

A very tough 2018 for voltage so far, was always going to be hard to live up to 2017, I think he's learning a few lessons this year his own brilliance skipped him from learning last year, he's just too inconsistent to really fancy him for a weekend of BO19/BO21 games vs the best in the world. The draw ain't really good for him either as irrespective of if he wins his group or not, he'll probably be playing Gary or MVG in the Semi. Needs to find some form as the business end of the year approaches.  Of course, he can win anything, but the draw is tough and the form isn't really there, 6/1 a no from me.

4. Peter Wright - 8/1

Another one who cant string any form together this year, his relentless messing around with the darts is just nonsensical and i believe shows a real mental frailty, his redeeming quality is he can always pull it out on the big stages and has become a master of sweeping up opportunities when they fall at his feet. However he isn't getting any freebies here, and he is basically the same boat at Voltage, more than capable, bad draw, no form... 8/1 not for me.

5. Mensur Suljovic - 12/1

Mensur, defending this title, enjoying a dreamy year, in great form looks to be a great shout for this tournament. It's quite unfathomable to me that he would be a fair bit longer priced for this than Cross or Wright with the same draw, he's got absolutely everything needed to win, the draw is tough but I like a bit of Mensur at 12s. Also 3/1 to win his group looks good to me too Smiley

6. Daryl Gurney - 40/1 (bet365) 33/1 everywhere else

Seems insane world number 5 is 40/1 in an 8 man field, there is some login though, he's having a terrible year and has looked totally unenthusiastic and uninspired, hes struggled against players he should beat and now he's in a tournament with guys he probably shouldn't, with a bad draw. The interesting thing about Gurney is the EW, if he can sneak out of the group he'll have the easier semi (easier, not easy) so 13/1 to make the final isn't out of this world when he's got the game to beat anyone i the top 16 in a BO19 game.

7. Dave Chisnall - 33/1

Chizzy, after a totally torrid year, is running back into a bit of form, was all sorts of questions over his fitness but without the premier league to distract him he's started to show a bit of form since the matchplay. However despite this, he hasn't threatened any titles and couldn't follow his record breaking 118 average in the ET up with much. Same boat as Gurney, game to beat anyone on his A game which makes the EW look attractive with the draw, he's certainly shown a great deal more indication that he'd bring his A game out for a few games than Gurney of late.

8. Simon Whitlock - 66/1

Whitlock is hugely unfancied for this tournament for the simple reason that he is typically not one to bring the guns out vs big players, but deserves some credit for some very good performances in the premier league, and even though he's not won anything this yr, and the final of a super soft Euro Tour this weekend aside, hasn't really threatened. In a group where he will feel like he could beat any of the other three he might not be the worst EW bet you've ever made. He doesn't have the turbo A game that everyone else in the tournament does though, so if he gets put to the sword, I don't think he's going to be up to it.

I'd recommend;

Small Mensur 12/1, wouldn't bother EW
Small Chizzy 33/1 EW
Medium Mensur Win his group 3/1

Should be great fun!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 06:14:55 PM by SuuPRlim » Logged

dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: September 21, 2018, 10:02:12 PM »

Thanks for the write-up Dave. Was already on Mensur but have added the other bets to the portfolio. I’m going to tomorrow’s evening session so gonna have to punt on that too.
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: September 21, 2018, 11:07:34 PM »

Nice!

Dino you been to this event before? Whats the atmosphere like compared to the worlds?
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: September 22, 2018, 05:43:20 PM »

Not been before, only been to the World’s at Ally Pally about 10 years ago.  Will report back.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: September 23, 2018, 10:00:25 PM »

Loved it, great tournament.

Gary - one hell of a year, won all three big TV events far, as well as 4 floor titles and a world series. Not tooooo shabbbby, he's basically clearing up all the stuff he's never won before, only major events missing from the collection are;

Grand Prix
Grand Slam
European Champs (he's not in)

If you want a laugh, take a look at these, lists of all Darts disciplinary cases over past 4 years Cheesy

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: September 24, 2018, 03:47:23 PM »

What a brilliant idea that 9-darter bonus was, where the prize goes to the fans, not the players. Must add a whole new dynamic to the game. I'd rather stick needles in my eye than attend a Darts Tourney, but even so this has to be a bit of really bright thinking.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: September 24, 2018, 03:48:06 PM »

Loved it, great tournament.

Gary - one hell of a year, won all three big TV events far, as well as 4 floor titles and a world series. Not tooooo shabbbby, he's basically clearing up all the stuff he's never won before, only major events missing from the collection are;

Grand Prix
Grand Slam
European Champs (he's not in)

If you want a laugh, take a look at these, lists of all Darts disciplinary cases over past 4 years
Cheesy

I could use a laugh, Dave, but I need the link, please. Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: September 25, 2018, 09:38:36 AM »

shit sorry!!

http://www.thedra.co.uk/cases/

Some really funny ones Cheesy

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: September 25, 2018, 09:48:56 AM »

shit sorry!!

"Recklessly throwing darts" could be applied to a lot of players......

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: September 25, 2018, 11:09:10 AM »

shit sorry!!

2015/16 seemed like the end of the party years, lol. 4/5 players trying to bring drink into the venue. 2018 seems pretty quiet compared.
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 212 ... 236 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: