blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:07:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Darts Betting and discussion
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 ... 236 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Darts Betting and discussion  (Read 487237 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3180 on: November 25, 2018, 09:53:45 AM »

Amazing tournament so far - happy to see Price out the door after last week, don't like him at all, although i do like having him around and was kinda rooting for him to face Gary again this week Cheesy

The bottom half the draw is as we expected looks set to boil down to Gary vs MVG again, but the top half is looking very exciting - Gurney, who's had a pretty poor year by the standards he set himself last yr, really has done nothing to justify a PL return but a final here would lock it up for sure, he's highest ranked, most experienced and is the fave for the top half for sure. Chris Dobey finds himself with a great chance, a final here gets him into the top 30 which would be a great step for him as he's more than good enough to push for the top 16. Danny Noppert could rise to world #41 which in yr 1 on the PDC is really good, he has a year of no money falling from his rankings too so a great platform to have a crack at the top 16 next year. Bunting been hovering around the edge of the top 16 for a couple of years and not been able to get himself back in, he's looking in great shape here to have a go and really seems to be finding the form of his first year on the PDC where he shipped a few titles and got himself into the premier league.

Intereesting battle to not finish 16th in the official order of merit as well (and be forced to face MVG in the last 16 of the worlds the following month).  This is the last event prior to the worlds.  Jackpot/Barney/Cullen involved realistically in this battle.  Finishing 14th/15th and face out of form Snake/Cross is a big carrot for them this weekend.  Barney doesn't play this weekend and jackpot will be very keen to leapfrog him into 15th.

Yeah, looks like the honour falls to Jackpot.

14   Joe Cullen   England           £244,000
15   Johnny Clayton   Wales   £234,750
16   Adrian Lewis   England   £232,750
17   Raymond van Barneveld   £225,750
18   Stephen Bunting   England   £202,250

A  final for bunting doesn't quite get him into the top 16, were he to win it he'd leapfrog everyone to world #12 and on current standings Clayton would drop to #16 pushing Jackpot outside the top 16 again. Clayton needs to beat Gary to move ahead of Cullen, who would in turn drop to #16 if Bunting wins. If you're Cullen just just wanna see Clayton lose to Ando today, and if you're Clayton you just wanna see Bunting not win the tournament, luckily for them both this looks pretty much like whats going to happen so baring upsets, a round 3 clash with MVG beckons for Lewis.

Worlds is absolutely littered with danger early round draws anyway, Dimitri, Ratajski, de Zwaan, Meulenkamp, Dobey, Lennon are all outside the world 32 and could face anyone in round 1, if you're a guy on the periphery of the top 8 (Chizzy, Webster, White, Smith) last thing you wanna do is draw Dimitri in round 1 when at least a couple of the guys around you are set to pick up big prize money.

Looking forward to today, looks like a Gurney MVG final is the favourite, however I'm rooting for Gary vs Dobey Smiley

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: November 26, 2018, 01:17:25 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_PDC_World_Darts_Championship

Draw effectively has been made now the OOM has been updated (barring the live outsiders to be slotted in somewhere)

MVG has a brutal looking draw for me.  Wade looks incredibly short at 40/1 even with his recent nappy factor upturn in form might ease off.  He looks maximum lay material to me at the prices.  He has never got close to winning the world's and given his brutal draw this year i don't see that changing anytime soon.  I don't see why Whitlock is more than twice Wade's price tbh.  The top half is predictably heavy and the bottom quarter looks the softest.  Price has the dream looking draw  if he can cope with the xmas party pissed up boo boys!

M Smith is the selection for me at 22/1 at skybet looks worthy of a lumpy bet ew.  His time has come and has a favourable looking draw.

What does everyone else think?

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: November 26, 2018, 02:36:37 PM »

draw is 530pm today on sky sports news live.
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: November 26, 2018, 03:01:40 PM »

Super Suljovic!
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: November 26, 2018, 07:01:26 PM »

JDZ isn’t the first round draw Cross would have been hoping for. Likewise, Wade with Ratajski. Top half is a minefield.

Bottom half and bottom quarter in particular is very week. Price has a really first round match against Aspinall but he has a nice run through thereafter. I could see someone like West having a deep run at a huge price if he manages to ping a few doubles. Smith v Suljovic looks like a cracker in the last 16, I’d fancy the winner of that to make the final.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: November 26, 2018, 07:14:16 PM »

JDZ isn’t the first round draw Cross would have been hoping for. Likewise, Wade with Ratajski. Top half is a minefield.

Bottom half and bottom quarter in particular is very week. Price has a really first round match against Aspinall but he has a nice run through thereafter. I could see someone like West having a deep run at a huge price if he manages to ping a few doubles. Smith v Suljovic looks like a cracker in the last 16, I’d fancy the winner of that to make the final.

Wade must be close to 100/1 poke for me given his draw.  I just don't get his price at all.  Should have drifted after the draw but it hasn't.  Price just have to deal with the xmas party drunk boo boys and looks to have an incredible draw.
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: November 26, 2018, 08:20:25 PM »

Smith definitely the ew poke for me. Cross and Wright just not at the races recently, can see a Smith/Price semi to go with the MvG/Ando one in the top half.

I'll be backing JDZ vs Cross rd1!
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: November 26, 2018, 08:49:31 PM »

Think gurney could get to the final again
Don’t fancy price vs k.anderson or white
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: November 27, 2018, 01:49:25 PM »

Wade must be close to 100/1 poke for me given his draw.  I just don't get his price at all.  Should have drifted after the draw but it hasn't.  Price just have to deal with the xmas party drunk boo boys and looks to have an incredible draw.

Yeah agree. Wade should be much bigger. He’s a false price due to his back to back tournament wins but he only beat one top 8 player across both tournaments and survived match darts in 3 matches. It’s fair to say he ran above average.

Wright would have struggled to hand pick a better draw but he looks pretty out of touch at the minute and turning up with different darts at every tournament so tough to get excited about him despite the draw.

Top half of the 3rd quarter is interesting with 4 dangerous floaters in jDZ, VDB, Evans and Humphries all landing in there. Along with Clayton and Bunting who are in decent nick. I don’t fancy Cross’ chances much.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 02:00:12 PM by Bazzaboy » Logged
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: November 28, 2018, 01:46:57 PM »

Darts is so strong right now that you cant ever get an "easy draw" but a few people will be happier than others for sure.

MVG has drifted to as big as 11/8, 8/5 and even some 2.7 knocking about on various exchanges, certainly the first time he's ever been this long for a tournament ever, even at this i'm not a backer. His draw is ok-ish, early rounds present a real problem for MVG potentially as he's really struggled to maintain focus in these games all year and obviously puts way too much pressure on himself, Raymond Smith has a bit of class we saw it in the WSOD but as far as dangerous second round games go he's come out just fine. His Round 3 game likely Noppert or Hopp and neither of those 2 are  dreamy second round opponent, round 3 vs Lewis (who has shown glimpses of his past self of late) Barney, who cannot help but play A*** game vs MVG every time they meet, and a dangerous floater in Labanauskas. Last 16 vs Whitlock/Wade/Ratajski perhaps and then a semi (probably) vs Gary who ironed him out over a long format in wolverhampton 10 days ago, I think realistically you'd need 9/4+ before you started seriously considering a bet.

Lewis andBarney are both 66/1 kinda prices and I think you'd struggle to be too excited about them given the years they've had and the draws they have, Barney in particular has a really nasty draw. One place I think we might be able to look for some sneaky ew value is the bottom half of MVG's section, the top half of section 1 is way tougher than the bottom, Klaasen and Norris are two of the weaker seeds on paper and with MVG having a few banana skins in his path there's a non 0% chance they might swerve having to meet him. Unfortunately there isn't really too many spots, Wade is a complete non starter at 40-1, Whitlock is in good form really wanted to see 100-1 on him, I think one that might be worth a sneaky punt is Ratajski at 200/1, and 40/1 to win his 1/4 might be worth a look.

Gary has come from 6-1, 13/2 to 7/2, 100/30 over the past few weeks, even losing to MVG on sunday didnt stop him from shortening still, the format suits Gary down to the ground and he's been the best player over the year for sure, he'll be pretty pleased with his draw, Wattimena, Beaton, Webster, Van der Voort and a couple of danger floaters in Barnard and Dobey but his path the 1/4s should be relatively painless, 1/4 final vs most likely Gurney (who he has an appalling record against) who'll be full of confidence after the Players, but he has a dangerous section too, Chizzy returning to form, Jamie Lewis playing stage darts, and some really dangerous guys like Ross Smith, Paul Lim, Martin Schindler, Josh Payne. Just the fact he likely has a 1/4 vs Gurney and a semi vs MVG make 100/30 a no-go on Gary, huge odds-on to win his 1/4 and rightly so.

No - one else really stands out with any value in Q2, the top half of Q2 all face a likely Gary quarter final, MVG semi final, Gurney - like wade - is at 33s falsely after his players win, I think this is the section of the draw we're least likely to see an upset!

Q3 is much more interesting, Rob Cross, who has had a year full of inconsistency, bad luck, bad results ould have been hoping for a little rub of the green on his defending WC draw, and he hasn't got it at all. Opening against dw Zwaan who's already killed MVG on the first round of 2 majors this year and absolutely loves stage darts is exactly what he wasn't wanting, then he has Reyes/Evans who are both playing really well at the moment, then Clayton and Bunting who are both in markedly improved form, Dimitri who is a different player on this stage, and Luke Humprhies who's beat him on stage this year already and given everyone a game on the euro tours. Really horrible top half of Q3. Cross has drifted out to 20s+ and im still not interested. If you're Micheal Smith, you're looking at this thinking, man I could have a real crack at this this year. Big Ron most likely opener (dont right Portela off though) followed by a 3rd round with Hendo or Clemens not easy but shouldn't give him too many problems. Mensur on the other hand has a really dangerous little run-in, Ryan Searle since the light switch flicked on midway through the year is no-one anyone wants to play, James Wilson is in great form and that gets him in front of micheal smith, could be anyone to play in the 1/4 finals of that section, Smith form is improving, Mensur's seems to be fading. It's the kind of quarter where all the favourites might knock into each other and leave the path for a younger guy to sneak through.

Smith come in from 60s+ to start the year to as low as 14/1 now, Mensur around 20s where he is for every tournament and Dimitri come into 66s, for me, I quite like the look of Jonny Clayton at 150/1.

in Q4 Wright has found himself with the easiest run to the 1. possible under the circumstances. Cullen is a danger but Benito and King are wildly out of sorts, Mansell quite a tricky character, Jan Dekker can be dangerous and Dolan shown a decent bit of form at the players but really it's pretty soft, the top half of this quarter is way way trickier, all 4 of the seeds are in really good form (Price, Anderson, White and West) North, de Graaf and Aspinall are dangerous wildcards too. If you can come through  few tricky openers you got a match they'll all fancy vs Wright on current form and a winnable semi. Ian White available at 100/1 looks crazy long to me, he has the TV hoo-doo but he's too good to never get past the 1/4 finals forever and this has been his best year in terms of overall performance. Joe Cullen at the same price 100/1 also looks a bit tempting given how good he can be, just seems to have this gremlin for the big moments like IW.

Be interesting to see how the Ladies do, those two are not going to be pushovers by any stretch, Lisa Ashton actualy has an ok draw too, Dekker/King/Cullen/Wright could have been a lot worse. Anastasia has a tougher draw with Whitlock in round 2, both of them have very winnable openers though.

I quite like,

Small Ratajski 200/1 ew
Small Ratajski to win his 1/4 40/1
Small Jonny clayton 125/1 ew
Small Ian White 100/1
Small Joe Cullen 100/1

Roll on Roll on

nuros

View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: November 28, 2018, 04:01:09 PM »

Thanks again Dave, bring on the worlds!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: November 28, 2018, 11:15:58 PM »

great post dave.  Agree with everything apart from IW!!!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: November 29, 2018, 10:09:42 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: November 29, 2018, 10:33:57 AM »

Busy night for JDZ to open. I don’t think that’s a negative though. He has what is likely the weakest qualifier as his first roun opponent. It should be a 3-0 on the bridle job and will allow him to get a feel for the stage before playing Cross which will be an advantage.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: December 10, 2018, 02:44:14 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/dec/10/rob-cross-pdc-world-darts-championship

Interesting article into RC's year as world champ.  Put on 5 stone he said in 5 months after winning the worlds. 
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 211 212 [213] 214 215 216 217 ... 236 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: