blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:42:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Darts Betting and discussion
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 ... 236 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Darts Betting and discussion  (Read 484643 times)
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #3150 on: October 02, 2018, 10:22:21 PM »

Do we have a view on Lewis at 20/1 1/3 1,2.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: October 02, 2018, 10:37:37 PM »

spreadex are 25/1 and given MVG and Ando cruised through tonight its heavy odds on jackpot will be a big dog in the final.  Wouldn't be a play for me.  He is 8/1 to place and 1/2 tomorrow so a 5/1 poke after winning tomorrow.  Will be a dog against Wright/Mens in the quarters and semis.  Be interesting to see what price he would be in the final against ando/mvg currently. 

Def not a bet for me at 20/1 at those terms.
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: October 03, 2018, 07:45:20 PM »

How good did Suljovic look
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: October 05, 2018, 08:33:53 PM »

Suljovic blew up
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: October 26, 2018, 11:16:44 PM »

Wow Euro Darts - Shit just got reeeaaaaaaaaaaaal.

The bottom half of the draw was always looking like one that might throw a bone to someone who's never made a major final before, Mensur was the standout guy at the top of that half with a dreamy, dreamy run to the final in today's day and age, he got turned over in a limp dicked showing by Cristo Reyes. Gurney has shown a bit of a return to form and should have picked some confidence up following a Semi @ the GP and he'd have fancied it but got beat by an impressive Ricky Evans.

The top half, which has seen MVG, Wright, White, Smith exit has left 4 players in the top half, all of whom have a real point to prove and a great chance to prove it;

Steve West - he's got the MVG hangover problem to worry about, very rarely do people follow MVG-toppling performances with anything substantial, Steve is a player who has shown more and more he's capable of top-10 standard darts, but his doubling frailties and lack of conviction in the big moments has meant he's never really delivered it on the big stage where it matters, a final here could really push him on - he's good enough, and this is a great chance.

Simon Whitlock - Hasn't had a terrible year, held onto his world top10 spot comfortably and put in a decent premier league campaign, but i realty has he done enough to get back in? He finalled one of the weakest euro tours ever and lost to Gerwyn price in a terrible game. He's been nowhere near the majors, wasnt that impressive in the world series and hasn't really had much to sing about on the floor. If he wants his PL spot, I think he needs to put a big major run in.

Joe Cullen - He's good enough for a top 10 spot, and has the game/character for the PL, problem is most casual darts fans wont even really know who he is, he has consistently lost games he needs to win at every point, he's had a few euro tours open up for him and got turned over by guys he should beat, as a result he's never really put in a good showing in a major, until the matchplay where he played a blinder vs Gary but ran into a man destined to win that tournament, he said in his interview that Barry Hearn told him "make a major final and you're in the PL" can he hack the pressure? Jury is out, he needs to prove to himself I think.

Rob Cross - Probably more to prove than anyone else, had a really tough year as world champ, been beaton by everyone this year, sometimes 105 average sometimes 91 average, the killer instinct he had last year hasn't been there, people saying things like "is he realy as good as he looked last year?" a Major win in his second year on tour from no form and little confidence could be a great shout to right those comments!

Bottom half is going to be fascinating to watch too, Darren Webster (who i'm a big fan off) has got himself into the top 16 and a deep run here with little prize money to defend could fire him up towards the top10, he's never really brought it to the latter stages of a major either so he's got a point to prove, Max Hopp fell out of form somewhat since his euro tour win, my god if he won a major...in Germany, the roof might fly off, he'll be as aware as anyone the significance of him winning this major tournament - I'd love to see how he'd handle that pressure.

James Wilson been playing really well lately, making a ET final when MVG had lost only 2-3 legs all weekend and actually gave him a game, he's another one who's ranking could be boosted hugely by a deep major run, he's going to have a very frosty game vs Hopp tomorrow, unchartered territory for him.  Wade and Chizzy both dropped from the PL this yr and both have heir rankings position under severe threat, they'll be looking t their draw and thinking, I HAVE TO MAKE THE FINAL HERE, as neither of them (despite some strong performances) have really done anything this year to justify their places back in the PL.

Great oppurtunity for Ricky Evans, having found some slick form last couple of months, this could help him in so many ways, confidence and ranking points going into the worlds could see a big wegde of money going into his rankings, he's playing very well and getting used to winning games lately, he'll look at that draw and think, yeh you know what...I can final this. Gerwyn Price had a horrible start to the year and totally lost his head in the premier league, then got himself injured. Last half of the year been good, winning himself a euro tour, he hasn't really been playing all that great, would be a great move towards securing himself another go at the PL finalling here.

Come on the darts!

HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: October 27, 2018, 11:09:29 PM »

Great night tonight, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Wade moving through quietly, Price looked impressive and got my wheelbarrow out of retirement for Hopp.

Who wins from here?
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: October 28, 2018, 07:12:11 PM »

Sick evening ahead, it's kind of a shoot-out for a PREM LEAGUE place, I think everyone of these was a different level of underdog for the PREM but all with a case of sorts for them. Win and they're in whoever wins it, final might be good enough for some, and if it isn't it'll get them well on the way.

Cullen, is getting more and more opportunities, he's periodically under-delivered every single time (you could argue he was unlucky vs Gary at the matchplay) if he wants to go where he wants to go in darts he better start taking them, and soon! He's a tricky guy in whitlock though, he won here before, he's won plenty, he can do it for sure. Would love to see James Wade back, looked totally gone at the game last year this would be a remarkable return to form, and my god is Max Hopp wins the roof is coming off

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: October 28, 2018, 08:15:28 PM »

oh Joe.... Joe, Joe, Joe.

Must stop doing this.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: October 31, 2018, 08:03:40 PM »

Rankings Time!

This is the time of the year when rankings money starts to really really matter, this last weekends tournament was really quite incredible, in a way the tournament was a little disappointing that the final session was one of the lowest standard we've seen, only 1 person past the quarters managed to average over 95, but both semis went to match darts for both and there was some super exciting games in there. I really am pretty chuffed for Wadey, 2016 was a bit poor and 2017 was down right terrible he looked really gone and his top 16 spot was under severe threat. He's defending runner-up money at the grand slam so this £100k onto his ranking is desperately needed. He's for sure back in the PL with this win, and thanks to horror show in 2017 he doesnt have a lot to defend in the next 12 months bar £38k from the worlds, from the periphery of professional collapse he's now looking like a solid, solid fixture in the top 10.

Lets just have a word for Joe Cullen, on the bright side he's now into the world top 16, he's genuinely playing like one of the ten best players in the world this year and I would expect him to hold his spot in the top 16, irrespective of what might have been, its still a great step for him. Having said this he blew a serious chance at a major, on form he was the best player in the last 4 and I would have made him a favrouite vs Wade or Hopp in the final, a win there would have put him world number 7 and pretty much gtd him a place in the premier league, not to mention just making the final would have gotten him in the grand slam and a shot at that £110k top prize. There has been a few euro tour events where he's found himself with a relatively soft roll to the final and lost to someone he should have beat - it's becoming a worry for him now, if you cant hold your nerves at the majors then you're never gonna make it to the top 10 and the premier league.

Max Hopp will be also quite annoyed, a final would have got him into the top 32 and grand slam, and a win would have gotten him into the top 20, lets be honest it was a soft final four and a good few years might roll by before any of the 4 of them get a better shot at a major title.

The top of the rankings is, as we expected, as you were, the biggest missed oppurtunity at this stage will be Rob Cross, having still not managed to overtake Peter Wright despite having a massive headstart is a real mis-step, Cross needs to sort himself out, he's world #3 and his year has a PC win, a world series win and basically nothing else, next year he has about £600,000 to defend and if he doesn't start building up a buffer he's going to find himself needing a massive winter 2019 just to stay in the world top 20, he'll almost certainly over-take Peter Wright as world #2 over the next few tournaments but he looks so beatable right now. Gary had a little work to do this year to keep his #4 place in tact and he's more than done that, £175k to catch Peter Wright up is obviously going to be a huge ask, impossible without winning the worlds and maybe not even then. Gary will be happy with his year he's defending £25k at the grand slam and £6k at the players so he'll be looking to put some money on the board before he's defending £160k at Xmas. He still has over £200k buffer over 6th and £140k over Gurney in 5th, Gary is staying 4th im pretty sure.

The rest of the top 10 has a lot of wars going on. Gurney is relatively safe in #5 with £40k to defend between now and the end of the year and a £90k buffer, Wade's tenure as world #6 is likely to end at the grand slam as he has £55k to defend and only £8k above mensur. Mensur will be livid he blew his semi final at the GP as that was some much needed prize money left on the table, he has £75k between him and Gerwyn Price in #11 but Mensur is IMO the third best player in the world right now, so he should be looking at Gary in world #4, not chizzy in world #10. Micheal Smith will be really annoyed at his year, absolutely nothing in any of the majors and he has guys behind him who are really hunting him down, Chizzy finding some form again, Price turning in some good performances and at an all time high #11, Ian White finally won a stage comp and surely is a matter of time before he has a run at a major and Darren Webster is knocking on the door too. With prize money at the worlds bigger than ever, a bad show at the ally pally and world #7 can turn to world #15 in the blink of an eye.  Smith, White, Webster all defending modest prize money for the rest of the year, Webster has the biggest disadvantage as he's not yet at the grand slam and has £20k to defend at the players, Smith should be back in the PL regardless but a terrific chance for Ian White to put a run at something together and get in, time's running out though.

14th, 15th and 16th sits Adrian Lewis (£235k) Joe Cullen (£243k) Barney (£250k), Lewis in a stark contrast to last yr is defending very little over the rest of the year, under £30k, you'd expect between the players and the worlds he'd add to his ranking money from here, big issue for him not yet being at the grand slam, Clayton behind him is in there and thats going to be a worry  for Lewis. Cullen we spoke already about he is defending nothing really and on his current form should be charging towards #10, another one who won't be at the grand slam unlikely to lose his top 16 spot absent in Wolverhampton, but giving the guys he's chasing ahead of him (White, Price, Barney, Smith) a headstart for the players/worlds that he doesn't need to give. Then there is Barney... with £105k to defend between now and the worlds, hes lucky his WC performance got him into the grand slam but he's really failed to perform at any point in the year. With no titles, no finals, no run at all in any major, no real form and outside the top 16, very hard to justify a spot for Barney in the PL. His worries aren't just about his top 16 spot, if you take £105k off his ranking money he'd be #30, with the guys around him in good form and defending a lot less I think Barney could find himself cashing for £100k between now and the end of the year and STILL droppig out of the top 16. Very bad times for Barney, and with his schedule once he drops out i doubt he'll come back.

As always, the 16-32 always leaves lots of chances for a run, Max Hopp is in 33rd £100k of the top 16, he's in the grand slam and playing great, a couple of deep runs and/or a good showing at the worlds and a shot at the top 16 is not out of the question, and we know the PDC are desperate to get Max into the premier league. Steve West and James Wilson are hovering around the mid 20s but both playing very well right now, they'll need to cash for about £60k to have a realistic shot at the top 16 but with £50k up for grabs for a 1/4 final spot at the worlds its wide open. Kim Huybrechts (18th) Jelle Klaasen (22nd) Alan Norris (25th) Benito van de Pas (28th) and Robert Thornton (32nd) are all going the other way,  Benito van de Pas should be the most concerned, he's in danger of dropping out of the word 32 and not getting a spot at the worlds,  hes only won 18 games all year and added £15k onto his rankings, he's not at the players or grand slam and everyone around him is. Norris in a similar spot, luckily for him his spot at the worlds should be safe but everyone around him is making up money, Kim Huybrechts has been out of form all year and he's going to get himself embroiled in the mid 20s ranking battle if he's not careful.

There's loads of guys on the edge who are in the players and worlds capable of making something happen, Dimitri van den Bergh who will just be so annoyed he's not managed to make anything happen this year, Chris Dobey who is just waiting for a major run, Jeffrey de Zwaan who really needs to start backing these stage performances up on the floor, Ron Meulenkamp, Steve Lennon, Martin Schindler and Ricky Evans. These guys have put in good performances on stage this year and I'd be expecting to see something for at least one of them.

Interesting to see what will happen to Corey Cadby, much anticipated first year on tour started impressively with a PDC win and a final at the UK open, then he had visa trouble and went back to Aus, since then he's broken his arm in a car accident and subseuqently pulled out of the world series finals, i've no idea if he'll be at the Grand Slam the week after, and he's not going to be at the players. Seems unlikely he cant pay next week but can play the week after so I guess we'll see him at the worlds....

World Series Finals up next, no ranking money up for grabs but a great tournament, roll on the grand slam!

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3159 on: October 31, 2018, 10:34:43 PM »

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
nuros

View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: October 31, 2018, 10:39:49 PM »

Awesome ty as usual Dave!
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: November 05, 2018, 08:51:05 AM »

Looks like the Wadey of old!

Two tournaments he absolutely shouldn't of won and he's shipped em both, surrounded by guys who couldn't quite get it done an wadey emerges victorious, and to be fair to him he sustained a very high level of performance which you just haven't seen for a few years, he'll be high in confidence for the Grand Slam, and his draw at the players looks ok too....

GO on Wadey.

atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: November 05, 2018, 10:49:16 AM »

Another nice win for Wadey, but omg the interviews these dart players give straight after games is blurgh.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: November 17, 2018, 08:34:37 AM »

Gary Anderson & Wesley Harms deny farting accusations at Grand Slam of Darts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/46245993

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: November 17, 2018, 08:51:35 AM »

Another nice win for Wadey, but omg the interviews these dart players give straight after games is blurgh.

Was hoping for a Gerwyn Price post-match interview after his shennanigans last night.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 ... 236 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: