blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:01:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Darts Betting and discussion
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 ... 236 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Darts Betting and discussion  (Read 487824 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2670 on: October 11, 2017, 08:14:10 AM »

I wonder what genuine price Cross is to be ranked higher than Lewis by the end of the year?

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: October 11, 2017, 03:05:47 PM »

http://www.dartsdatabase.co.uk/PlayerStats.aspx

This is how much people have made in cashes following the WC's this calendar year....

This is before the big money end of the season too, amazing how much money there is now, even total journeyman guys are good for £60+ bags a year in prize money, lots of exposure now too so sponsorship money will always be there, steady gig.

Just goes to show though how valuable the PL and invites to the world series events is. Lewis, Chizzy, Phil, Barney, etc all made much more from there invitational gigs than tour winnings this yr.

MVG too actually nearly 2 thirds of his 660k coming from invitational events, I guess he'll feel like it's a pretty bad year all in all...5 wins from 9 (and 2 finals on the euro tour) 3 wins only on the Pro Tour, win in the Masters in Jan but apart from that group stage the champs league, first rounds GP, quarters in the MP... topped the PL, won the PL and 2 world series wins (and a final) along with a world cup win.  I guess if he doesn't win the WC he'll consider it a disaster year.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: October 13, 2017, 06:47:38 PM »

couple of nice games in the Evening session IMO.

Like the look of Aspinal vs Wade, and Richardson vs Demitri Van den Beurgh, Demitri looked great all year but I think 11/10 too much of a price on Richardson here when he been playing great all year.

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: October 13, 2017, 08:36:47 PM »

Nice shouts.

It’s a pity this is the last ET event of the year.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: October 13, 2017, 08:40:32 PM »

Nice shouts.

It’s a pity this is the last ET event of the year.

Yeh I love these events. I think I've enjoyed the action in them overall more than the majors, and maybe even the premier league.

The £5/mo PDC live is a steal!

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: October 15, 2017, 12:10:18 PM »

Jonny Clayton been the real deal this week - 13/8 to beat Smith looks big.

I also think Jan Dekker +1.5 vs whitlock who seems a bit iffy since his GP final at 1/1 is nice.

Andy Boulton is playing very well, backed him in both previous games, always reasonable to bet against VVDV when he's so relent on that rhythm

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: October 15, 2017, 04:43:01 PM »

Jonny Clayton been the real deal this week - 13/8 to beat Smith looks big.

I also think Jan Dekker +1.5 vs whitlock who seems a bit iffy since his GP final at 1/1 is nice.

Andy Boulton is playing very well, backed him in both previous games, always reasonable to bet against VVDV when he's so relent on that rhythm

lucky not to lose all 3

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: October 15, 2017, 06:06:45 PM »

Dancing girls at the euros are much fitter than the walk on girls at the Uk majors, IMO Smiley

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: October 16, 2017, 11:01:02 AM »

Rankings getting more and more interesting as we get to the business end of the year Smiley

Huge opportunity (one of hundreds this year) for Daryl Gurney coming up at the European Champs as he hunts a top 4 spot down. First thing for him is Phil Taylor and Adrian Lewis aren't even there so they drop £11.5k and £17k respectively and Gurney gtd minimum £5k, so this puts him automatically just £2k behind Phil in 5th and just £7,750 behind Lewis in 4th. a 1/4 final spot puts him world #4, automatically in the PL (not that he needs it i think), and meaning he won't have to play MVG till the semi's at the worlds... A bit of danger behind him though, Mensur Suljovic £27k behind him is defending no money pretty much (£4k). It's quite good news for Mensur too, he'll also make up the same ground on Phil and Lewis, deep run could see him take #4 spot. Chizzy defending £11.5k and only £1200 behind Mensur and the guys behind them (Wade, Barney ) aren't playing. Will be interesting to see how the rankings pressure will affect Mensur, Chizzy and Gurney as they all have vastly different levels of experience and are all kind of fighting different battles. Gurney just on a rush, Mensur trying to catch him and chizzy trying to consolidate his top 8 spot.

The bad news here is for Wade and Lewis (we spoke already about Lewis' troubles) Wade is defending only £7k this european champs which doesn't sound like a lot...but he;s only £9k ahead of Jelle in 13th and they are all getting £5k min and defending £7k £7k £11.5k between, all three of them are seeded for this years too and prize money is higher than 2015, Wade is destined to drop out of the top 10 after this tournament and will probably find himself in 12th or 13th. On the other end of the chain, Whitlock and Smith in kind of a shoot-out for the top 10, with Jelle at a ~£5k disadvantage just behind them.

Benito Van de Pas has found himself a little stranded in 14th, no money to defend this time, £25k behind 13th and £25k ahead of 15th and 16th, he's not in the Grand Slam either, he's in a sort of precarious spot here the top 13 can run away and he'll fall back and risk his top 16 spot, or he could make a real run at the top 10 as plenty of people above him defending a lot of money. Just doesn't seem to have the form at the moment and I think that he might find himself under some real pressure to hold his top 16 spot come the worlds.

Huybrechts and Norris in a cool tussle exactly tied and Kim  is going to be £4k behind. Ian White who's been in the top 16 forever has dropped to #17 He only has £30k to defend between now and the end of the worlds so he has a shot to get back up towards the top 10. Gerwyn Price and Joe Cullen chasing but have a lot of ground to make up if they wanna make a top 10 run, I think for those two they just want to post some money on the board and try capitalise on someone falling back. Gonna take some serious moves from anyone #20 or below to make a move on the top 16-10 as there's a fair bit of money between them and most of the guys in the middle there aren't defending too much money.

Biggest story i guess, is how far Rob Cross can go, he's seeded out of MVG's half in the Euros, not yet in the grand slam but a chance of qualifying, has the easiest 1/4 in the players and defending £0, can he make it to the top 20? Currently about £50k off, seems do-able... what about top 16 (£120k) apparently Mervyn King's first year in the PDC he went from nothing to world #25. Next year when he's still defending nothing you'd think he's gonna be hunting top 6 down by the close of the year if he keeps it up.

Can't wait to see what happens Smiley

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2679 on: October 16, 2017, 12:05:26 PM »

Great write up.

Love your passion for the darts.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: October 29, 2017, 08:51:02 AM »

If you haven't been watching so far, I think today is going to be a great day.

MVG    vs     Whitlock
K. Anderson  vs Mensur Suljovic

Rob Cross vs Micheal Smith
Peter Wright vs Daryl Gurney

Starts at midday on ITV Smiley Semis and Final tonight.

Euro tour darts is by far my favourite (bar the worlds) and I think FOR SURE they are going to be televised in a few years.

Mvg was close to breathtaking in his last game, made Ian White look like he couldn't throw a dart, Whitlock been enjoying the best year he's had a long time and is making a proper cruise for a top 10 spot, his two worst performances of the year have come vs MVG though in semi finals, feels a bit like he really struggles vs him (as does everyone!!) but just can't seem to bring a good performance.

Mensur vs Kyle i a really unpredictable game, both players have already proven this year they can win against top players in longer formats, both have been sensational at times and both had some very average performances when we expected better. Mensur seems to have that knack of pinching wins when he probably shouldn't whilst Kyle still has a bit of a habbit of losing games when he shouldn't. Mensur favourite for this reason but its closer than the bookies make it.

Cross vs Smith should be amazing, Cross has shown the ability to not play his best and still win, and he's also shown he's able to average 105+ for extended periods of legs. Smith plays with a bit more grit these days and seems much more capable of getting his head stuck in and grafting when its not free-flowing, problem is he's such a momentum player that as soon as things go a little awry he can just be all over the shop for 4-5 legs and from what Rob Cross has shown this year its going to be a big uphill task if you go on holiday for 4-5 legs even in a BO19. I think Cross is a justifiably a big favourite here, he's yet to really prove himself over a long format which is the only big concern... Looks the real deal in every way though. If they both play A game this will be the game of the round.

Gurney vs Wright. Peter Wright has really not played that well in the back half of this year, but still managed a Matchplay final, a euro win and a world series win, as well as getting to #2 in the world. Gotta give him credit, plays well or not he really knows how to do a job and he's never out of a game. So much experience now, and very calm when the pressure's on. Gurney a different animal now after the year he's had and throwing that winning double in a major final changes you forever I'm sure, truth is for the last 6 months he's scoring better, finishing better and overall just playing better than PW. Wright has this habbit of starting games very poorly at the moment then digging in and coming firing back, against people like Johny Clayton where he's a little inexperienced on the big stage and always likely to give you a shot at coming back...Daryl Gurney could just go 4-1 up and shut you out. Big test for both players, can PW hold focus for the whole game and can DG consistently beat the best players, which he's going to have to do if he wants to end the year world #4, and chase #3 when Garry is defending £350k at the worlds.

I'm on Cross outright so a good sweat Smiley

Can't Wait!

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: October 29, 2017, 10:08:15 AM »

Real chance for Cross to lock up a PL spot today. Final will almost certainly do it I think barring someone pulling up trees in the next few weeks.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: October 29, 2017, 10:12:29 AM »

Real chance for Cross to lock up a PL spot today. Final will almost certainly do it I think barring someone pulling up trees in the next few weeks.

Yeh agree.

Smith and Wright or Gurney, not as easy path by any means but hugely doable for him.

It's a shame for him that he's going to miss out on the Grand Slam, so one less chance for him. The players he has the easiest draw so today, that and worlds.

Gurney and Mensur both in surely, so 2 spots left - Cross and Whitlock favourites? Kyle Anderson, Kim Huybrechts? TBH on merit Lewis should lose his spot but no-one else to take it really

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: October 29, 2017, 10:29:39 AM »

Yeh agree.

Smith and Wright or Gurney, not as easy path by any means but hugely doable for him.

It's a shame for him that he's going to miss out on the Grand Slam, so one less chance for him. The players he has the easiest draw so today, that and worlds.

Gurney and Mensur both in surely, so 2 spots left - Cross and Whitlock favourites? Kyle Anderson, Kim Huybrechts? TBH on merit Lewis should lose his spot but no-one else to take it really

Chizzy could be under threat as well. Has struggled all year. He should be fine but could be vulnerable to the likes of Kyle making a deep run at the worlds.

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: October 29, 2017, 10:34:29 AM »

Bwin has a market up

Jackpot 3/10 looks huge. No way he doesn’t get a wild card. Barney 1/10 also. MVG, Snakebite and Anderson look as good a 1/100 shots as you will find.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 ... 236 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: