blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:40:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Darts Betting and discussion
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 221 ... 236 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Darts Betting and discussion  (Read 487220 times)
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #3240 on: December 20, 2018, 11:29:45 PM »

Mensur plays Ryan Searle ( who is local to me .....not important but makes it an interest ) Ryan won first round match with ease, a lot is about his first dart, can get some big scores going. has won tourney recently and played Mensur only once before (lost5-6) is 4/1 a decent enough price ? if you are gonna get upsets, and there has been a few already its more likely early stages where shorter match.. prob get hammered.....thoughts
go on nipper

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: December 21, 2018, 10:21:53 PM »

Is Aspinall Ritchie Burnett's secret darting love child?  He looks just like him and dances along the oche like him after a big check out.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: December 22, 2018, 08:59:21 AM »

Is Aspinall Ritchie Burnett's secret darting love child?  He looks just like him and dances along the oche like him after a big check out.

I’d never made the connection before but you are spot on.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: December 23, 2018, 01:20:31 PM »

Has Dobey got any brothers?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: December 23, 2018, 03:40:47 PM »

Not hard facts, but good info been given to me on Lewis. A good mate of mine, who knows him, has said he has been practicing very hard for this Worlds. Also rumours of him having some 'coaching' off Taylor. More off the oche stuff then on it.

If he wins tonight, he meets MVG in next round. He will be well up for it. MVG has stated after his last match that his reoccurring back trouble might have returned and might have an influence on the match.

40/1 to win overall on Sky or 33/1 e/w the place (1/2). Might be worth a small punt.

Life has no rebuy options
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: December 23, 2018, 03:51:53 PM »

Wouldn't put you off but don't back him ew even at 1/2 odds.  1/3 odds would be one of the worst ew bets you ever had.  Win only on bf if you want to back him.  He is 35/1 on the exchange and will probably be 22/1 to reach the final given his brutal draw.  He must really be regretting not winning another £2k on the moneylist over the past 2 years that would have seeded him 15 for this rather than 16 and in the bottom half of the draw.

He looked very humble in his first match and that he realises he needs to get back to basics which i think he has.  He looks really good in the first match.  We need stokes finest back to his best for darts longer term.  I think the best thing he could do with be to get Taylor on board and get rid of Dellar as his manager.  No idea what Dellar adds to his equation.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 03:55:39 PM by arbboy » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: December 23, 2018, 04:54:36 PM »

Keegan Brown is a bang average player and a horrible little fecker alongside with all his dirty tactics there that if he had thought about them wouldn't put a slower player like Wade off.  His scoring is so inconsistent and an average finishing wade there would have beaten him 4-0 or 4-1.  

The scoring stats of 56 100+ scores for wade and 33 for Brown were incredible just before the finish.  The 140+ and 180s were similar.    I think Brown is at his level and can't see him getting any better tbh.  The impression he gives is that he thinks he is a lot more talented than he actually is and is probably what is costing him.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 04:56:52 PM by arbboy » Logged
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: December 23, 2018, 06:34:47 PM »

I am still flabbergasted that taking your darts out of the board slowly could upset a professional player, certainly don't think it bothered Wade at all today, I think he was SLIGHTLY rattled by the crowd (fair enough, 7000 people screaming and jeering at you is tough no matter how experienced you are) and then just had a bit of an off-day on the doubling first few sets.

Klaasen complained about it, im sure it's poor ettiquette but come on mate jesus you're a pro player if someone taking their darts slowly out of the board puts you off you need to take a long hard look at yourself! I suspect Keegan just thought, well it worked great against Jelle im not doing anything wrong il keep doing it.

Truthfully quite a few of these guys are simpletons and doesn't take much to rattle them, I thought Keegan today put in a decent effort and just wasn't quite good enough vs a grizzled old warrior in Wadey.

Big shift in darts happening - the new guys aren't afraid and if you play world #50 and dont show up you are likely getting ironed out.

bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: December 27, 2018, 12:49:23 AM »

I am still flabbergasted that taking your darts out of the board slowly could upset a professional player, certainly don't think it bothered Wade at all today, I think he was SLIGHTLY rattled by the crowd (fair enough, 7000 people screaming and jeering at you is tough no matter how experienced you are) and then just had a bit of an off-day on the doubling first few sets.

Klaasen complained about it, im sure it's poor ettiquette but come on mate jesus you're a pro player if someone taking their darts slowly out of the board puts you off you need to take a long hard look at yourself! I suspect Keegan just thought, well it worked great against Jelle im not doing anything wrong il keep doing it.

Truthfully quite a few of these guys are simpletons and doesn't take much to rattle them, I thought Keegan today put in a decent effort and just wasn't quite good enough vs a grizzled old warrior in Wadey.

Big shift in darts happening - the new guys aren't afraid and if you play world #50 and dont show up you are likely getting ironed out.

Been thinking about this for a little while and I've cone up with this.. 

Was playing down the pub with a couple mates tonight & 1 of the guys was noticeably slower at retrieving his darts and did a few other things as well. How did I deal with it? I took the piss out of him and did the same to him when I retrieved my darts but exaggerated it etc.

Did that cause him to speed up? Maybe

Did it get under his skin? Maybe

Was it annoying to me that he was a bit slower than the others?  It was for a couple throws but I then just got into the rhythm, I knew it would take him that long so I just wasn't at the oche getting pissed off.

Taking the piss/bants about it during the game did help in terms of me not getting frustrated by it all. I think this is the key point for the guys up on the big stage.  They can't really "vent" apart from exuberant celebrations.

In the local pool league "barracking" is completely fine so long as it's not during the shot etc etc.

Sledging in cricket is fine

Why not sledging in darts?
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: December 27, 2018, 01:58:35 PM »

really impressed with Devon there a different man to previous models the 180s have come out of nowhere still not heavy enough scorer to beat anyone playing that well but the composure shown was very impressive

pretty much the crowd favourite left helps sounds like a case of nappy factor in the interview afterwards
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: December 27, 2018, 05:40:46 PM »

Literally no idea where he has found that from. His form all year has been brutal yet he has turned up here and somehow saved his tour card. That quarter is now well and truly up for grabs with the hundred bags that go with it making a massive difference to the players involved as it will rocket them up the rankings.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: December 27, 2018, 05:43:46 PM »

Yep was awful in first match as well

Just seems more mature and the crowd seem even more with him this year than ever which may be a small help.

100k money match! Fancy him fairly strongly against Aspinall would be pick em personally.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: December 27, 2018, 11:20:00 PM »

Some proper darts thrown tonight.
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: December 28, 2018, 12:00:15 AM »

Incred scenes tonight.

If Lewis could of held for a 2nd set I was in for some proper wonga. Cleaned up jicely on Devron earlier in day though.

Love it.

Fancy Humphries over Cross now too!
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: December 28, 2018, 10:47:43 AM »

Was a send more money job after Dancing Dmitri yesterday afternoon. Kept going back in, couldn't see how he could lose. Hugely disappointing performance.

Got out of trouble on VDP later though. Huge day today, fancy Joyce to turn Wadey over.

What a match Ando Vs Dobey, incredible scenes. Is Gary's name written on it this year? He'll have to up his average for the inevitable semi vs MvG if he is to beat him.
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 215 216 [217] 218 219 220 221 ... 236 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: