blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:17:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  blonde poker 2012 advent calendar
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde poker 2012 advent calendar  (Read 112611 times)
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: December 24, 2012, 01:10:06 PM »

wow Blakey is the father in law i hope i can get in a few years, great banter and real good bloke. Love the banter he has with his missus who ive met who is a great laugh. The main decider when looking for live tournies to play is whether people like Tim will be playing it. Half an hour in his company really leaves you feeling more wealthy than 30 minutes ago. Merry xmas To the Blake's!!
whats his daughter look like Trigg?

apparently she is taken Sad
yeah so was I when I met my wife Sad

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 24, 2012, 01:24:23 PM »

Don't really know Tim at all well, but shared a few tables over the years     .....       top man!

When the G Cov had it's 'Opening Fezzie' a few years back we were sat on a rather boringly unadventurous £1/2 holdem cash game, gazing ruefully at our belly buttons.

Mr Blake smiled mischievously at me, and suggested changing the game to a round of each to the assembled locals       .......       assuring those that protested their vagueness of the Omaha 'bit', that they'd soon "pick it up."

We dutifully 'avoided' each other, as forays into Coffers Coventry scattered the ragged local resistance fighters - who couldn't quite grasp this new, unworldly, game.

Several hours later - without so much as touching swords - we both left the table nicely chipped up     ....    Loofah refrained from enlightening the victims that he was, "considerably richer than yowwwww."

Tim Blake - nice guy.

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: December 24, 2012, 02:09:42 PM »

Fantastic story, and a great last day of the calendar. Hopefully a healthy 2013 for all of blonde! Merry Christmas guys.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 24, 2012, 02:16:07 PM »

Wow - absolutely stunned and honoured by the "accolade" and all the moving comments.

When I first came back after the stroke the reception I received was a real boost but I was soon brought back to earth by the comment

"People are welcoming you back for the same reason they upgrade you to a suite every time you go to Vegas - VALUE!!!!"

Yes, when you dish it you have to take it Smiley

Hazel will be thrilled as well and I will unchain her from the kitchen sink soon to let her have a read.

Thanks again Tighty. Without your continued support and hard work this forum and community wouldn't be half as good as it is.

YOU my friend are the real hero!!

Seasons greetings to you all and thank you again from a very humble old fart.

#fourbettingacesrules

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 24, 2012, 02:28:57 PM »

Well done tighty, dont know Tim but have read the stories and replies and seems like he must be a decent bloke.
Good luck for the future Tim.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 24, 2012, 02:54:42 PM »

Ive known Tim since I started playing poker, firstly online at the old Ladbrokes back in 2004 and then in Brighton a year later at a Rendezvous festival when my dad took me to my first live comp outside of a £10rb in Bournemouth. The hotel next to the Rendezvous were the biggest beneficiaries of our visit as we proceeded to annihilate the bar until the early hours!!

There have been plenty of late nights since then over the years in many different venues, funnily enough whenever we met up we both always ended up walking like we do now Smiley

One of my oldest and best mates through poker a true legend!!

Hopefully you'll do it again next year, but given what transpired nobody would blame you if you didn't. Regardless of that it was still a great success and plenty of feelgood came from it.

Thanks again for all the hard work in putting it together, should definitely be an entry for tomorrow and yourself!!

Maybe Tikay could write it up if he could be pulled away from TfT or the DC game at Luton Wink

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #696 on: December 24, 2012, 03:02:18 PM »

Thanks again Tighty. Without your continued support and hard work this forum and community wouldn't be half as good as it is.

Big fan of Tim from the few meetings i've had with him. Great choice.

This thread is a great idea and i'm a big fan of all the work Tightys put in.

thumbs up
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 24, 2012, 03:46:21 PM »

Fantastic final choice........and brilliant advent calender again. thumbs up
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: December 24, 2012, 05:18:55 PM »

Cracking calender Tighty, enjoyed most of it. Maybe next year people will take it in the spirit it is intended. If of course you decide its worth it doing one in 2013.

Merry christmas all
Big_D

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 24, 2012, 05:51:23 PM »

Great final addition to round it all off, thanks for all your hard work in preparing all this tighty

It has been a great read!

Ship It!
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 24, 2012, 06:01:04 PM »

. The hotel next to the Rendezvous were the biggest beneficiaries of our visit as we proceeded to annihilate the bar until the early hours!!

There have been plenty of late nights since then over the years in many different venues, funnily enough whenever we met up we both always ended up walking like we do now Smiley

One of my oldest and best mates through poker a true legend!!

Who told you?

As I recall you slept for the last two hours - perched on the corner of a footstool

Wink

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 24, 2012, 06:10:56 PM »

I remember the first time I dealt to Tim at DTD. His phrase when he saw me still makes me giggle

"The Huntsmen becomes the Warden!"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: December 24, 2012, 06:41:26 PM »

Who told you?

As I recall you slept for the last two hours - perched on the corner of a footstool

Wink

Strange, but that only happened once you turned up... Nothing to do with 8 hours drinking 'Duvel' (sp) with Kimber 

Who would have ever thought I was any good at balancing though.....

Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: December 24, 2012, 08:58:21 PM »

Great addition. "Thats what you get for bluffing old gits" even made me nearly laugh after losing another huge pot
to this self confessed rock. Niceone Tim top bloke.

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 24, 2012, 09:42:59 PM »

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: