blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:17:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Getting Handy in 2013 - Man Skills
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Getting Handy in 2013 - Man Skills  (Read 68706 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: June 02, 2013, 09:16:26 PM »

Did the lawn at my new house for the first time, which is also the first time I've done a lawn EVER.

Really enjoyed it, I think the garden could be my 'thing'.

It's looking to be a dry week ahead, how often should I water it? At the moment I am going on a 'when it looks dry' basis. I hear doing it once a week but quite heavily is a good starting point.

By 'did the lawn' do you mean laid turf? We laid turf last year and the advice we got was water it to death, which we did. It was beautifully lush until the dogs landed Sad. If you want it to stay that way you either need to train them not to wee on it or follow them round with a watering can.

Good point. Dad got to the point last year of suggesting getting astroturf!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #376 on: June 03, 2013, 04:48:37 PM »

Did the lawn at my new house for the first time, which is also the first time I've done a lawn EVER.

It's looking to be a dry week ahead, how often should I water it? At the moment I am going on a 'when it looks dry' basis. I hear doing it once a week but quite heavily is a good starting point.

By 'did the lawn' do you mean laid turf? We laid turf last year and the advice we got was water it to death, which we did. It was beautifully lush until the dogs landed Sad. If you want it to stay that way you either need to train them not to wee on it or follow them round with a watering can.

lol no I just meant cut it. And yes, already noticing yellowy dead patches from the dog and we've only been here a month.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 03, 2013, 04:51:53 PM »

lol no I just meant cut it. And yes, already noticing yellowy dead patches from the dog and we've only been here a month.

By the time summer's over, you won't have much left to cut if you don't keep on top of it.  We're forever repairing patches in ours thanks to the boys.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #378 on: June 03, 2013, 04:52:52 PM »

By the time summer's over, you won't have much left to cut if you don't keep on top of it.  We're forever repairing patches in ours thanks to the boys.

How does one repair these pissy dry messes?
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 03, 2013, 05:04:30 PM »

By the time summer's over, you won't have much left to cut if you don't keep on top of it.  We're forever repairing patches in ours thanks to the boys.

How does one repair these pissy dry messes?

You have to rake out the dead lawn and remove it completely.  Scrape the soil a bit to loosen it up, toss on a mix of new lawn seed/soil/fertiliser, then water it.  We use a thing called 'patch fix' that's supposedly resistant to pet urine.  It's got everything you need in the one box.  Best price we've found for it is from Costco.  Have no idea if there's a better way of doing things, but our way seems to be working...it's just a lot of work!  lol

You'll see new lawn popping up in 2 - 3 weeks and it almost looks proper again in about 4 weeks.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 05:06:07 PM by Laxie » Logged

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 04, 2013, 12:21:05 AM »

Just train your dog to pee in a specific spot and accept that it's never going to look lush and green.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 04, 2013, 12:30:32 AM »

We tried that.  Were going well...for about two weeks.   

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #382 on: June 04, 2013, 12:38:17 AM »

Try these, they really work.

http://www.dogrocksus.com/

The older I get, the better I was.
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #383 on: June 04, 2013, 08:18:08 PM »

We tried them, they didn't work.

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 04, 2013, 08:23:06 PM »

He'd only let me try one batch.  Hardly enough time to know for sure imo...

technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #385 on: June 04, 2013, 08:35:32 PM »

Pffft! Show me the science (not the pseudo science). Boshi!!!!!

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #386 on: June 04, 2013, 08:52:47 PM »

We just threw them at the dog every time it went on the lawn.

The older I get, the better I was.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 04, 2013, 09:08:13 PM »

I naturally assumed it was bollox, but you can look up ion exchange on google.  So there is some science behind it, though i can't say I have followed it through to satisfy myself that this will resolve your problem. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #388 on: June 04, 2013, 11:23:33 PM »

There isn't any science to it.  Looks like complete woo to me.  Happy to be shown some evidence though and am open to change my mind.  Won't hold my breath though...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 05, 2013, 09:31:13 AM »

How to fix a woman. Proberly...

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: