blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:54:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Bill and Ted's Excellentes Aventures
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bill and Ted's Excellentes Aventures  (Read 256039 times)
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: April 18, 2015, 12:20:04 PM »

Well I seem to have luck boxed my way into Day 2 of this UKIPT event at DTD. Of course fully prepared with a VIP cash game last night 'till 4am but it was great fun and it's sunny today so what's not to like in life. I may do the odd update if I feel it is going to develop into a 'little adventure'.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: April 18, 2015, 12:32:59 PM »

Saw Gas 7 in the car park as I was leaving but didn't see you. Do VIP players not even mix with the riff raff anymore?

Good luck today.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: April 18, 2015, 02:12:02 PM »

Thanks Alex. What table are you on?

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: April 18, 2015, 02:29:46 PM »

Thanks Alex. What table are you on?

It's more of a sofa than a table unfortunately.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: April 18, 2015, 04:11:28 PM »

Well this is very early but I am up to 275k with blinds 1,500/3,000 and average stack of 129,000. We've negotiated one table change and this one is a little tougher. Ben Vinson amongst others making up the group. I will have probably bocked myself but I actually feel quite good although I have just bluffed off 20k on the river with a missed draw. Must get back to concentrating or I could be home watching the football before I know it.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: April 18, 2015, 04:12:44 PM »

This might just be another Gas adventure.

Good luck Ian.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: April 18, 2015, 04:40:22 PM »

Not the best half our. After my unsuccessful river bluff I wait for a while. A really strong player raises standard 6k UTG. I pick up nines on the button and raise to 20k. He dwells and clicks it back to 45k. I tank fold. Now wondering why I didn't just flat in the hope of hitting a 9 on the flop. I raised the wrong guy who also has a lot of chips. Welcome any observations of my play here but my gut is telling me to flat and get away if required. It is fascinating this poker game. Loving the dynamic of starting hands,position,stack sizes and just the general madness of it all. 90% of the players left will hardly win their hotel and petrol money but live the dream of taking the comp down. Well someone is going to take it down through a mixture of skill,patience and Lady Luck.
     So I have about 240k which is loads and I just need to keep away from the wizard or at least hit some monster cards. The objective is to still be in this at the next break in two hours with more chips than I have now. I will update the huge following of this blog. ( tikay,Akex and Ed).
      Have fun,it's later than you think:

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: April 18, 2015, 05:01:41 PM »

Still reading, keep it going Ian.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: April 18, 2015, 07:04:11 PM »

Still reading, keep it going Ian.

Good luck Ian

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: April 18, 2015, 07:07:58 PM »

Best of luck Ian.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: April 18, 2015, 07:17:33 PM »

You're getting outdone by Saul from Homeland. Do work.

Allez!!
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: April 18, 2015, 07:43:35 PM »

Right a quick update on the last two hour long levels. No hands and few spots so down to 200k but on the money and flags.
Had to survive another table change which I always find a challenge. Now have the delightful Ben Dobson on the table who is a really nice young man and a great ambassador for the game. I butchered AK where I made a big raise,got called and we checked it down to the river and I allowed myself to be bluffed off with a river bet by A2 of hearts.
After a period of getting some great cards and spots the last 3 hours or so have been a test of patience and it's good for me because it's not one of my personal strengths. Living close has allowed me time to go home and have a shower in the break and try and focus. Having had a day off work on Friday has been a real bonus although the last nights monster cash session is taking its toll.
I 'sold' 10% to Nick Hicks to give him a sweat so here's to you Nick, let's do this. I will be chuffed if I make tomorrow. That's the new target. Will update again in a couple of hours.

iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: April 18, 2015, 09:37:50 PM »

So here I am in the bar reflecting on what could have happened. The blinds are 4k,8k and I have about 240k. I raise to 20k UTG with 5,6dd. The big blind calls. The flop comes 7,8,A, all diamonds. The next moments pass in a blur as he checks,I bet 40k get raised and it's all in and call. He turns over 9,10 dd. we have both flopped flushes as well as up and down straight flush draws.
How quick do these car crashes happen? How often do you get flush on flush? How often does anyone ever flop an up and down straight flush draw? Who cares.......

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: April 18, 2015, 09:46:58 PM »

Oooh.

An unavoidable car crash.

Never mind, another flag, & the boy will be envious.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: April 18, 2015, 10:18:47 PM »

That's how you get rich: sell 10% shortly before the cooler!

Unlucky, sir. Would have been quite a sweat thread coming up, that!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: