blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:31:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Bill and Ted's Excellentes Aventures
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bill and Ted's Excellentes Aventures  (Read 256119 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: November 21, 2015, 02:02:30 PM »

Bugger. It's a rum old game NH isn't it.

I hope Bingo's none the worse for that.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: November 21, 2015, 02:07:43 PM »

First horse,first race.Falls at the first fence as it tries to jump over the moon.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: November 21, 2015, 09:46:30 PM »

So, after driving up Mount Loven this morning in spite of a red weather warning, we made it back to the apartment at a time that just happened to coincide with the 1305 at Huntingdon.

I got myself set in to watch the online stream:

Click to see full-size image.

As the old man watched them saddle up Bingo:

I got ready for the ride:

As Bingo took a leisure stroll around the parade ring:

Regrettably Bingo covered more yards on the way down than he did on the track, coming a cropper after taking the first a bit 'exuberantly'.

All part of the fun, of course, and Father tells me he would only have been making the four hour round trip to Huntingdon anyway.

Allez!!
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: November 21, 2015, 09:50:16 PM »

Bingo clearly eager to fool the handicapper for Cheltenham. Clever horse.

How awesome is that old board behind Bingo in the last picture?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: November 22, 2015, 12:19:48 AM »

Bingo clearly eager to fool the handicapper for Cheltenham. Clever horse.

How awesome is that old board behind Bingo in the last picture?

Ha yeah it is,  but go to a point to point and they will be hand chalking the jocks on 20 mins before the race Smiley

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: November 22, 2015, 02:31:16 PM »

is the plan to send him out quickly again, given the lack of exertion, or is more schooling required?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: November 22, 2015, 02:58:04 PM »

There's a military saying which I cannot quite remember which basically say the best laid battle plans go tits up at the first contact and I suspect something like that happened here. I am no expert but he looked very frisky while being saddled up. He kept kicking the side of the stable etc. He looked fine in the parade ring and we all seemed hopeful. He had been jumping really well and the experienced jockey was instructed just to get him round and be galloping at the end. From the grandstand at Huntingdon ( and I say grandstand in a generic way) the start was some way off and by the time I had focussed on the large screen in the winter sunlight it was all over. Having waited well over a year for this you can imagine the deflation. Like getting aces first hand in the Main Event and busting out.
     The amusing part was the horse bolted off in one direction whilst the race continued in the other. So there I am in the 'Grandtstand' looking left with everyone else looking right. Had a chat with Noel afterwards and horse and jockey fine. I returned to Nottingham,had my picture taken by one of those yellow camera things for the end of a perfect day. You see people think my life is just one big party.
       However the day did get better with the Wednesday fightback in the last twenty minutes against Huddersfield. Another part of my life where I suspect it will be the hope that kills.However at times it all seems a bit superficial considering what else is going on in the world.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: November 24, 2015, 01:11:48 PM »

i see there is a horse running at lingfield called Umberto D'Olivate

half brother to yours? same dam etc?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: November 25, 2015, 09:08:45 PM »

I don't know Tighty but will try to find out. Looks like another run out mid December and Leicester is being mentioned. In other news I went to see the Steve Jobs film today.I do like Danny Boyle direction but the 'three act' structure comes over as a little contrived and it's a little bit off the scale to think he would be having the conversations he was having in the 30 minutes before the various product launches so I was left a little disappointed. I am aware that he was a very intense,obsessive and challenging personality who many employees where terrified of.I was exhausted during the first 30 minutes as he is preparing for the product launch of the ' Apple Mac'. There's a touching development of his relationship with his daughter to add a further human element. It's well worth going to see but didn't punch the lights out for me.

iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: December 10, 2015, 02:58:56 PM »

I am pleased to report that Bingo is back cantering and showing no further ill effects from his fall at Huntingdon.From hear on Noel is looking at potential targets for another run out at month end. ( it's taken slightly longer to get over the muscle pull than first hoped). There are three Maiden Hurdles that he's considering at the moment and they are bang in the festive period.
31st December ( Uttoxeter) or 1st January ( Exeter or  Fakenham. Hopefully it ends up being Uttoxeter. 

atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: December 10, 2015, 05:18:21 PM »

Hi Ian,
         Glad to hear the horse is ok, and getting ready to run.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1196 on: December 10, 2015, 07:23:19 PM »

I am pleased to report that Bingo is back cantering and showing no further ill effects from his fall at Huntingdon.From hear on Noel is looking at potential targets for another run out at month end. ( it's taken slightly longer to get over the muscle pull than first hoped). There are three Maiden Hurdles that he's considering at the moment and they are bang in the festive period.
31st December ( Uttoxeter) or 1st January ( Exeter or  Fakenham. Hopefully it ends up being Uttoxeter. 

For selfish reasons Fakenham appeals to me as it is only 10 miles away.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: December 10, 2015, 07:30:00 PM »

For selfish reasons Fakenham appeals to me as it is only 10 miles away.

For selfish reasons Uttox appeals to me as it is only 10 miles away.  If you are at uttox will probably see you there.   Wink  You know it makes sense.
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: December 10, 2015, 10:09:57 PM »

Have car, will travel.

Allez!!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: December 11, 2015, 12:02:02 AM »

Re. the earlier "D'Olivate" query. it appears that the horses came from the same breeder but were unrelated at first glance.

Exeter is lovely at this time of year..

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: