blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:42:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Bill and Ted's Excellentes Aventures
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bill and Ted's Excellentes Aventures  (Read 256022 times)
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: November 09, 2015, 05:21:37 PM »

The boy and I agreed it would be silly to compound the disappointment.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: November 09, 2015, 09:05:31 PM »

Two wise men.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: November 09, 2015, 09:15:54 PM »

Two wise men.

Just had a look at the menu. About half the price of Prime in Bellagio. Bargain Cheesy

Best place you've eaten?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: November 10, 2015, 01:20:21 PM »

That's a really hard one Tal. I am pretty lucky in that I have eaten at some great places and it's often more the company and ambience rather than the actual food that I recall. In terms of location AND food one of my favorite places is the Restaurant Terrazza at the Hotel Danieli in Venice. It's a rooftop terrace overlooking the lagoon in Venice and to eat there as evening turns to night is simply magical.(The Bellini's are far better than at the over hyped Harry's Bar and the location a million times better.)
   Another great place is La Marmite up a mountain just outside St Moritz. Again it's the location and views as much as the food.Finally if you are going global the Cafe des Arts in Mauritius in a brilliant place to eat simply because you are surrounded by works of art ( Picasso's etc).
     In London I love the atmosphere of Langans even though the food is average, Scott's is great for sea food and buzz,Le Gavroche is pretty special.
    If I could eat anywhere today it would be at The Beach House Cafe on South Milton Sands in Devon. There's a lot of snobbery associated with restaurants and I personally hate the pretentious nature of everything associated with it.Although these selections are incredibly pretentious in relation to location :-) they are not in terms of food.
    A good curry with a great group of mates is as enjoyable as an over hyped meal in a so called high end Michelin snob house. That being said the chicken and mushroom pies at Hillsborough are not to be recommended whoever you are with.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: November 10, 2015, 01:43:46 PM »

Hi Ian,
           I love horse racing and hope you get your horse to the track soon, and hopefully fully recovered.
       Think i remember you saying Bingo had a Tendon injury originally? From my little knowledge of the subject i do know these injuries/recoveries can vary massively from horse/horse ( i think they are a major reason for lameness) and can take a long time to get over, seems like they have given yours a nice rest/recovery period. Hope the spread plate is a minor set back, good luck with the racing.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: November 17, 2015, 06:47:02 PM »

Pleased to report that Bingo is good to go on Saturday in the 1.05 at Huntingdon. More details later and hopefully even some photographs on the day. It all about a good experience on the day ( the travelling etc) and getting round in one piece and jumping well. That and winning.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: November 17, 2015, 07:11:44 PM »

That's a really hard one Tal. I am pretty lucky in that I have eaten at some great places and it's often more the company and ambience rather than the actual food that I recall. In terms of location AND food one of my favorite places is the Restaurant Terrazza at the Hotel Danieli in Venice. It's a rooftop terrace overlooking the lagoon in Venice and to eat there as evening turns to night is simply magical.(The Bellini's are far better than at the over hyped Harry's Bar and the location a million times better.)
   Another great place is La Marmite up a mountain just outside St Moritz. Again it's the location and views as much as the food.Finally if you are going global the Cafe des Arts in Mauritius in a brilliant place to eat simply because you are surrounded by works of art ( Picasso's etc).
     In London I love the atmosphere of Langans even though the food is average, Scott's is great for sea food and buzz,Le Gavroche is pretty special.
    If I could eat anywhere today it would be at The Beach House Cafe on South Milton Sands in Devon. There's a lot of snobbery associated with restaurants and I personally hate the pretentious nature of everything associated with it.Although these selections are incredibly pretentious in relation to location :-) they are not in terms of food.
    A good curry with a great group of mates is as enjoyable as an over hyped meal in a so called high end Michelin snob house. That being said the chicken and mushroom pies at Hillsborough are not to be recommended whoever you are with.

Sorry for not responding to this rather marvellous post before now.

I'd never even heard of Langan's. What a fabulously London place it sounds:

http://langansbrasserie.com/

As for Le Gavroche, I love that this is first on the starters menu:

Lobster Mousse with Aquitaine Caviar and Champagne Butter Sauce

No timewasters.

http://www.le-gavroche.co.uk/samplemenus.html

All the subtlety of a Phil Hellmuth entrance:

Best of luck to Bingo. A most enjoyable diary deserves a suitably opulent yarn to follow the cheer as he canters home. 

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: November 18, 2015, 01:17:30 PM »

Very disappointed to miss Bingo's debut. My wife and I are taking a relaxing weekend to Kotor, Montenegro.

It's squarely out of season and the weather will be mixed, but when your costs for two are £80 flights, £45 car hire, £100 hotel and you find yourself here after a short flight....what's not to like?!

Click to see full-size image.

Allez!!
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1178 on: November 18, 2015, 01:51:43 PM »

Wow , that looks stunning.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: November 18, 2015, 05:24:03 PM »

Def looks much more appealing than Haydock & Ascot, which is what I'll be having on Saturday Cheesy

Looks incred. Have a great trip.

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: November 18, 2015, 05:41:15 PM »

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: November 20, 2015, 09:40:37 PM »

So here we go.Bingo has been declared for tomorrow's race alongside 10 others. We are finally running. I am the only member of our 5 Way syndicate able to attend so will obviously preten I am the sole owner.
       It's a maiden hurdle so nothing in this field has won before ( over hurdles) but there looks to be a couple of good horses in the race.

OO Seven.         Nicky Henderson trained Horse,supposed to be pretty smart,well placed in a decent bumpers at Cheltenham
                           in March.The probable favorite and winner.

Bilzic.                  Dan Skelton trained. Decent form in flat races.

Bleu et Noir.        Tim Vaughan trained,recently came 4rh in its debut over hurdles.

What our trainer has said is that the objectives of this run out is;
                         1) the horse has an enjoyable experience.
                         2) that he travels and jumps well.

3) that we finish the race galloping.
                   Jockey has been instructed to keep these objectives in mind. Expect odds of about 16/1 and maybe worth an each way bet. I intend to have breakfast at DTD in the morning,play some early morning cash and then head off to Huntingdon about 10am. Just think when he wins the Gold Cup at Cheltenham you'll be flicking back to this post and reflecting how you read about Bingo first on Blonde.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: November 20, 2015, 09:47:29 PM »

gl tomorrow guys.  Hope it is the start of a great fairy tale ending up at Cheltenham festival.
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: November 20, 2015, 10:17:59 PM »

Enjoy bigman.

I would love to say one's first experience at the racecourse as an owner is guaranteed to be special, but after a delightful lunch at The Fox Goes Free near Goodwood racecourse I (along with reprobate Etonian Toby) left upwards of a bag at Fontwell when Asian Prince first had a spin for my small share.

Will be fantastic fun though.

Allez!!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: November 20, 2015, 11:09:27 PM »

How exciting. Fingers crossed he comes home safe and sound.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: