blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:21:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Bill and Ted's Excellentes Aventures
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 ... 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bill and Ted's Excellentes Aventures  (Read 256083 times)
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: April 06, 2016, 09:16:16 PM »

Sad Rest well this winter Bingo and smash it next year!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: May 18, 2016, 05:20:39 PM »

Does at trip to Wembley for the play off final constitute a little adventure? It certainly does! Tickets sorted,offsprings included for what hopefully will be a great day. So readers,what's your favourite Wembley experience and why?

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: May 18, 2016, 05:26:47 PM »

Good luck, hope you do it

1 Claridge 120th minute shin to beat Palace, 1996 play off final
2 Walsh 85th minuter winner to beat Derby 2-1, 1994 play off final
3 Elliott 2 goals to win the league cup 2000
4 the ISPT at Wembley with DTD. Something a little different

5 the Community shield August 2016, upcoming

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: May 18, 2016, 05:34:34 PM »

Does at trip to Wembley for the play off final constitute a little adventure? It certainly does! Tickets sorted,offsprings included for what hopefully will be a great day. So readers,what's your favourite Wembley experience and why?

Favourite Wembley experience:

Backing Kincora Express to win an 8 bend Open race at 66/1 in around 1988..

I was a skint student and had £1000-£15 and the bookmaker laughed at me and said "would you like that again?"

Angry, I did.

And the little darling hit the lids for the first time in her entire life and led all the way and I screamed myself hoarse.

The bookmaker wasn't laughing when he paid me out.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: May 18, 2016, 05:48:27 PM »

2 Walsh 85th minuter winner to beat Derby 2-1, 1994 play off final

I was unexpectedly in with the Leicester supporters for this. Great fun.
Only been to Wembley 3 times with Derby, and given that one of the others was vs QPR two years ago, my favourites are sparse.

Hope you have a great day Ian. I kind of like your manager, so will probably be leaning towards Wednesday on the day.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: May 18, 2016, 05:51:53 PM »

Zenith data final 1990 i think.  Chelski v Mboro.  1-0 Dorigo pen i think.  Wasn't the match but the most amazing riot took place inside the ground at half time behind the stands when the stewards hadn't locked the dividing gates between the fans.  Most insane violence i have ever witnessed live.

My other fav Wembley moment was at Wembley arena when i scored 35 points in a basketball game for Northampton u19s against London Towers u19s as a junior in front of 6000 fans before the main game started!

Have a good day.  Apart from the fact i have laid you quite large on betfair to go up i hope you win!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 05:53:41 PM by arbboy » Logged
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: May 18, 2016, 06:07:02 PM »

Dennis Tueart, Overhead kick 1976 v Newcastle,just a twinkle in my father's eye.

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: May 18, 2016, 06:47:49 PM »

a)  1991 League Cup final. Goal from John Sheridan to beat Man Utd.
   b).  1993 FA Cup Semi Final v Sheffield United. Screamer from Waddle.
   c). Heartbreak. Andy Linigan's headed 93rd minute goal in FA Cup Final replay v Arsenal.
        Haven't been back since.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: May 18, 2016, 06:56:30 PM »

Worse Wembley experience was watching the Rugby League challenge cup final a couple of years ago with corporate tickets that Eso give me.  God Rugby League is dull.  Only game i have ever watched in a half full Wembley.  If that is the highlight of their season god knows how dull the rest of the season must be!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: May 18, 2016, 06:59:35 PM »

Easy one for me here as it's the only time I've ever watched an England v Scotland match live, and I went with my dad. Oh and England won 9-3.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: May 18, 2016, 07:06:22 PM »

My NFL team, the Buffalo Bills came from 27-3 down to the Jacksonville Jaguars to lead 31-27, including an interception by Corey Graham, just below where I was sitting. A comeback like that is emotive in any sport, but it's even better when it's your team and the first time you've seen them play live.

Would have been perfect if we hadn't conceded at the death following a dodgy refereeing call. Pass interference my eye...

I've been to Wembley to watch teams I support four times:

- Spurs lost to Portsmouth in the FA Cup semi
- Spurs drew 0-0 with Barcelona in a preseason friendly where nothing happened
- Buffalo Bills lost to the Jacksonville Jaguars, who hadn't won any of their games in London to that point
- England lost to Netherlands in March in a monumental climbdown from the Germany game.

How long before it starts becoming my fault?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: May 19, 2016, 10:22:45 AM »

My first ever trip to Wembley, England v France in the 66 World Cup. 2-0 Roger Hunt got both

England v Scotland 1978. Being in the minority as an England fan as we recovered from 1-0 down to win 3-1 was great.

I went to virtually all the England games from 1966 till 1977 with my dad. Which led to the final happy memory which was getting tickets for England U21s v Italy U21s, it was the first match at the new Wembley and I got seats that offered the exact same view as the old standing area G68 which was always our spot. A special day out, despite Italy scoring in the first minute.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1302 on: May 19, 2016, 02:47:31 PM »

My first memory is 1979 cup final, I was four, I slept through much of the first half apparently.  I do remember the silence after Alan Sunderland scored the winner, two seconds of disbelief all round and then anarchy in the Arsenal end.
Lots of musical memories, Freddie tribute concert, AC/DC a couple of times, Net Aid and more.

But my biggest Wembley memory I didn't even get in the ground.

21st March 1999 - League Cup Final.

I was in love, with a Spurs fan.  She was a big football fan back then, didn't go much but Spurs were important to her.
I think they beat Wimbledon in the Semi Final, and as soon as the match was over I looked into getting her a ticket for the final.  I had always managed to get Arsenal tickets (had a friend at the local FA) but it seemed getting a Spurs ticket through the back door was going to prove impossible - they don't get to many finals in fairness so not too surprising.

As Cup Final day approached I decided we would be able to get a ticket at Wembley tube or the ground, it would be pricey but she was worth it.  (Probably need to point out I was an Arsenal season ticket holder at this point, this was a big statement).  We drove down, parked at some out of town station and tubed in.  As soon as I got to Wembley tube I knew it was a mistake - but I kept the Disney smile going.  As we walked down Wembley way they split the fans and the chants started.  The Spurs fans chanted relentlessly about Mr Wenger's choice of sexual partners - my abiding memory of the day is a chant "Sit down if you think Wenger is a xxxxxx" as I looked around I was literally the only person standing in my field of vision - thousands and thousands of people were sitting, on Wembley way, on the steps, turnstiles, everywhere. Everyone to a man, except me.  I stood tall and proud.  Probably at benefit to my health, I managed to refrain from a loud retort.  As my beautiful girlfriend stood up she said at the top of her voice "What are you a ***kin Arsenal fan?" I could have killed her.   Bizarrely she looks back at this moment as me displaying courage and conviction - apparently two important personality traits to her.  17 years later and she still refers to my selfless act that day.  Spurs helped this Arsenal fan score a real winner that day.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1303 on: May 19, 2016, 10:07:55 PM »

Great post.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: May 20, 2016, 12:44:36 AM »

What a cracking post

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 ... 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: