blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:46:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Bill and Ted's Excellentes Aventures
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bill and Ted's Excellentes Aventures  (Read 255469 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: May 20, 2016, 03:14:44 AM »

Solid post Nakor, maybe your not a clown after all.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: May 27, 2016, 06:10:35 PM »

Good luck tomorrow, i do hope you win. maybe in your heart of hearts you think this might be a season too early but with Newcastle in the division next season this feels like the best chance to go up?

trip report would be extremely welcome!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: May 28, 2016, 06:55:06 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

Click to see full-size image.

Allez!!
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: May 28, 2016, 07:22:00 PM »

Middle tier. I expected nothing less Wink

Looks like quite an atmosphere.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: May 28, 2016, 07:48:19 PM »

VUL.  Amazing support.  Deserved more.
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: May 28, 2016, 10:17:24 PM »

VUL.  Amazing support.  Deserved more.

Was unbelievable. First time I've experienced a "wall of noise". I've heard 'loud' before but there was a moment early in the second half where it felt as though one of those air shot thingamijobs had been fired, but the ball of air was sound and about 80yds across.

We're Sheffield Wednesday, we're on our way back.

Allez!!
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: May 29, 2016, 08:16:38 AM »

Terrific adventure for lots of reasons. Any older football fan knows the joy of taking your grown up kids to the game is special. Having not been to Wembley for 23 years meant there was a lot of pent up emotion in the Wednesday fans and I think they expressed themselves pretty well at the game.
      We met at an Italian in Marylebone before the match  for a civilised meal and then it was a short but very enjoyable tube ride from Baker Street to Wembley Park. Such is the scale and mix of London that on Marylebone High street you see the 'women who lunch' taking their skinny latte's in charming kerbside cafe's whilst a little more that a five minute walk away there's carnage in the Witherspoon's by the tube. We enjoyed a lively and fun loving sing song on the way to the stadium. Once there we 'soaked up the atmosphere' on a
small patch of grass which had become an open air fan zone. It was clear from then on the day would be loud. Headed up the stadium for a drink in the ground before taking seats in good time for kick off. Best team won on the day. My only observation would be the sanitisation and over controlling nature of 'Wembley'. To me it didn't feel like the 'home of football' anymore. Whilst the fans were loud and brilliant all the pre match messaging about 'no flags above a certain size','no flagpoles', no inflatables, etc etc has created a kind of 'you will do what we allow atmosphere' contrary to the true spirit of football. In the new world of camera's and segregation surely a flag on a pole isn't going to be used as a weapon? Surely an inflatable banana isn't a threat to anyone's health and well being. Yes the stadium 'works' and the site lines are excellent but to me it lacks charm. But then I prefer Villa Park,Goodison,Anfield and Hillsborough to the modern IKEA Bowls that have emerged over the last 15 years.
         Managed to get away after the game without drama and reflect on a really great day out. I do think that things are stirring over in Sheffield 6 but the Championship is a really tough league to escape from and yesterday we were just 90 minutes away from the big prize. Not a 'cup' but a whole season of playing the Liverpools,Man Utd's and Arsenal's.
        Well it wasn't to be. Hull were a better stronger team and a wonder goal did the business.
         Was it a little 'adventure' it surely was. It's only football that does this as we will see in a few weeks time at the Euro's.

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: May 30, 2016, 02:27:04 PM »

Was your flag deemed to big Ian?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: May 30, 2016, 07:27:47 PM »

No it was 'just' in scope and also has a 'fire retardant ' label. The safety stewards wouldn't let me drape where I wanted it in the ground but we found a compromise. It was such a good day. Shame the ticket allocation was a bit of a fiasco as Hull didn't sell all theirs and because of how they had been distributed the spares couldn't be sent to Shefdield. Flag was great fun before the game though. Might have to go to The Euro's.......

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: June 10, 2016, 03:39:53 PM »

Have you been consulted for some script input?

http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/18/keanu-reeves-and-alex-winters-bill-ted-3-to-be-set-in-the-uk-5823945/

Ah! The element of surprise
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: June 29, 2016, 05:27:48 PM »

congratulations on your news Ed, delighted for you both

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: June 29, 2016, 06:34:08 PM »

congratulations on your news Ed, delighted for you both

What news? He placed a bet that actually won?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: June 29, 2016, 10:02:49 PM »

Seeing as Ed has plastered his personal news all over Facebook I don't think I am being out of turn to let avid followers of this diary know that Ed mad Helen are expecting a child ( boy) due around November 11th. This is really great news apart from the impact on myself as I don't feel old enough or responsible enough to be a grandad. Hopefully all will progress well such that we can all go to Fulham away on the 19th.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: June 29, 2016, 10:10:45 PM »

Fantastic news. Congratulations.

Any bets placed on him playing for Sheffield Wednesday, yet?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: June 29, 2016, 10:13:02 PM »

Wonderful news, congrats all round.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: