blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:40:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Like Sport, Love Winners - Bettingemporium.com
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Like Sport, Love Winners - Bettingemporium.com  (Read 134862 times)
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2013, 08:14:44 AM »

If you could make money with no risk you might choose to do that.

But impossible to make money with no risk

All the best with this new venture,hope you get it off the ground and find support.
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2013, 04:25:34 PM »

we already lost a sharpy in arbboy when he was accused of trolling in blatchgate,
He is clearly as knowledable as they come. I see no ulterior motive in this. Trust me when someone like adnmdv talks about sports betting, we should all listen

Totally disagree with you, just because someone is 'sharp' doesn't mean they need to be so damn rude.

Admv is only interested in pointing out everything that's 'wrong'-I see very little positives in his musings, he'd argue over the toss of a coin for days.
Yes arrboy did one great thing, yet he milked it for every last drop, and wouldn't ever, ever, everrrr......let the thing go.

And from having played poker with him online years back, i know how this was completely consistent with his online persona when he used to behave atrociously in the chatbox.

Met him irl and thought he seemed fine, maybe just a keyboard warrior, I dunno.

Still glad he doesn't post here with his 'style' of writing.

This
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2013, 04:27:39 PM »

Above poster seems to either troll* for a living or just be on a crusade to tell ppl they are wrong.

Not just itt either.

It's always you are wrong, this aint right, you can't say this, meh, meh, meh.

Yeah they are clearly articulate and intelligent, but they are also stringing out/demanding every last drop of explanation constantly over anything they can't comprehend fully.

It's like a baby wanting something from its parent and then screaming the house down when they aren't given it.

Makes my head hurt.

Sighs.

*Yeah i know it now looks like i'm trolling them, i'm really not- just thoroughly exhausted from reading their posts.

I've nothing to do with the venture, yet am excited by the potential of it and just don't know why some have to always find fault over nothing.
To be fair to admdv, imo his posts (apart from the ones on this thread) have been a lot more useful and have actually been a positive contribution to the various topics than they were prior to his sabbatical

Maybe i've missed this and if so I can only apologise, I just speak from witnessing his constant crit in tips for tikay pre sab and now itt.

Dunno why I care tbh, i'll let others smarter debate this while I stick to doing my nuts backing scots football teams in europe. Sad

And This

You dont have to apologise for anything Nico...Keep Posting Sir
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 04:33:09 PM by FUN4FRASER » Logged
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2013, 04:28:52 PM »

Anyone pointing out that around 100 bets is not a big enough sample size to test conclusively whether a system that is winning betting things at roughly evs works is correct. As it happens Joe has been doing this for a while, (more than 100 bets), he just used that as an example. He is a fairly cautious guy, (extremely so for a pro-gambler), and he tested his theories out over many seasons before he bet a carrot, so I know the sample is larger. He just chose to mention this season as he's upped his stakes and is taking it very seriously.

I would also say that Phil Ivey has probably played less than 1000 poker tournaments in his life. That is absolutely nowhere near enough to know if he is profitable at playing poker tournaments.

If Phil Ivey asked me to stake him in a tournament I would do so, because I have watched him play poker, I have played poker with hi and I've seen how he operates.

I decided that I liked Joe's chances of winning in a similar way.

If you choose not to see it that way, then fine, no problem. It is possible this thing may not be for you.

I am slightly confused though ADMDV. Are you saying Joe and I have come here to deliberately mislead people? Do you believe our business will be some sort of scam and you are here to defend everyone against us, despite the fact we haven't really said what our business will do? Do you believe that we should give away all details of our plans to you just because you demand to know how we plan to operate, even though you have zero intention of becoming a customer?

Are you some sort of guardian of the internet looking to defend the little man against exploitation and protect the world from criminal masterminds?

Couldn't you find some bankers, fraudsters, politicians or sportsmen to go after instead of two poker players who are just trying to start a little project which might men they have a little fun and possibly, (it isn't a fucking crime you know), make some money?

Seriously, why do you care?

And all of this

No affinity to Neil or Joe as dont really know either that well ( sat on the same table a few times over the years) people can make their own choice to follow or not

Good Luck With the Venture Guys
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 08:28:31 PM by FUN4FRASER » Logged
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2013, 07:57:06 PM »

One thing I've learned from the last ten months on blonde is that betting and winning consistently is a lot harder than I realised. It requires the kind of depth of analysis, judgment and calculation that goes into besting knowledgeable people in any field.

The 2003 poker game was such that winning wasn't half as tough as it is ten years on and so has betting shifted seismically.

I am interested to see what Neil and Joe have as a product. Having read the posts of BadBeat on the TfT thread, I have absolutely no doubt he understands a hell of a lot more than I about this stuff (didn't take me long to draw that conclusion, granted), so I can never be making a bad decision if I listen to him. He trusts Joe's judgment and that seems like a pretty sensible thing for me to do, too.

If when the product they announce doesn't suit me, I won't get involved, but that's fine. For now, my immediate thought is "Well this sounds interesting and I would like to see it work, be successful and, ideally, make me some money". I'll let them change my mind but I suspect my approach isn't unusual to the majority of people who've submitted their email address already.

People will vote with their wallets on whatever concept is announced but I hope the project/venture works.

Enough sycophancy from me, but I don't blame people for being skeptical; tipster services aren't regarded all that favourably and some people will be worried about having accounts stopped/reduced.

As said though, I'm eager to see something that I like and I really hope what is produced is a success.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2013, 08:00:10 PM »

One thing I've learned from the last ten months on blonde is that betting and winning consistently is a lot harder than I realised. It requires the kind of depth of analysis, judgment and calculation that goes into besting knowledgeable people in any field.

The 2003 poker game was such that winning wasn't half as tough as it is ten years on and so has betting shifted seismically.

I am interested to see what Neil and Joe have as a product. Having read the posts of BadBeat on the TfT thread, I have absolutely no doubt he understands a hell of a lot more than I about this stuff (didn't take me long to draw that conclusion, granted), so I can never be making a bad decision if I listen to him. He trusts Joe's judgment and that seems like a pretty sensible thing for me to do, too.

If when the product they announce doesn't suit me, I won't get involved, but that's fine. For now, my immediate thought is "Well this sounds interesting and I would like to see it work, be successful and, ideally, make me some money". I'll let them change my mind but I suspect my approach isn't unusual to the majority of people who've submitted their email address already.

People will vote with their wallets on whatever concept is announced but I hope the project/venture works.

Enough sycophancy from me, but I don't blame people for being skeptical; tipster services aren't regarded all that favourably and some people will be worried about having accounts stopped/reduced.

As said though, I'm eager to see something that I like and I really hope what is produced is a success.
nice post. The job is yours

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2013, 08:00:57 PM »

Great Post Tal, my sentiments exactly.

I really hope it works. If it does not, so be it. We gamble on far riskier things every day.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
JoeBeevers

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2013, 08:21:05 AM »

Neil will be doing a write up for this weekend's Oscars. It should be on the site sometime Friday and is free to all registered users.
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2013, 09:45:39 AM »

As a quick warning - I have only bet on the Oscars since I was 17 and there were a couple of years where I barely had a bet. It has to be said my success in this field is over a very few events, so beware the sample size.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2013, 09:48:31 AM »

But that first year everyone was on Charlie Chaplin Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2013, 01:30:35 PM »

Don't even talk about it. Had the D W Griffith and Douglas Fairbanks double.

Fml.
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2013, 07:18:03 PM »

My thoughts on the Oscars are on the site now. I have put up tips in five categories, It's all free but you do have to register. Hopefully I'll help with a few winners. Apologies in advance if they all lose - it's not a risk free enterprise.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2013, 07:55:27 PM »

It begins...

VBOL, chaps.

Will be sure to have a good look. TfT needs a new arts correspondent...supposedly.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2013, 08:16:02 PM »

It begins...

VBOL, chaps.

Will be sure to have a good look. TfT needs a new arts correspondent...supposedly.

Nooooo! You are the best Arty Bloke we have.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2013, 08:18:44 PM »

has anyone read the oscar tips yet. i thought i had reg'd but cant get past putting my adress in now?

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: