blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:27:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Like Sport, Love Winners - Bettingemporium.com
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Like Sport, Love Winners - Bettingemporium.com  (Read 134668 times)
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2013, 07:08:50 PM »

Thanks for the reply Joe. Hoping one of the ones you haven't tipped goes over as I've just put money on it...!

Good luck with your tips.

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2013, 09:32:47 AM »

The whole thing of stating the price taken is tricky. I have had a few conversations with Joe on this. As it happens his method does not require you to be online all week, or diving on ricks on a Tuesday to make a profit. We are both very much coming into this as punters though. In our minds all that has mattered is if we make a profit. We have to realise that as tipsters you need to be accountable. There has to be a price at which you declare - this is where we are having a bet, so that people can say after whether a bet was struck and p & l figures are drawn up.

Luckily Joe has done really well on this and a profit is made EVEN at average price matched -5% commission, so it should be simple to beat this by measuriing at the off, at noon on a Friday or by nominating a price as a minimum to take. Hopefully after a few weeks of winners for free, people will see that it's all good.

Today I am going to post some early Cheltenham bets that I think we should do before the weekend. I'll add further mobves on Monday and then will post my analysis of each day at around 11.30pm on Tues to Fri.

It' free to read this stuff if you just take the time to register. We are still not sure exactly how we plan to make money out of this, but we are having a few meetings with interesting people. For now, I would say, enjoy the free stuff and hopefully we can all make some money.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2013, 09:42:29 AM »

The whole thing of stating the price taken is tricky. I have had a few conversations with Joe on this. As it happens his method does not require you to be online all week, or diving on ricks on a Tuesday to make a profit. We are both very much coming into this as punters though. In our minds all that has mattered is if we make a profit. We have to realise that as tipsters you need to be accountable. There has to be a price at which you declare - this is where we are having a bet, so that people can say after whether a bet was struck and p & l figures are drawn up.

Luckily Joe has done really well on this and a profit is made EVEN at average price matched -5% commission, so it should be simple to beat this by measuriing at the off, at noon on a Friday or by nominating a price as a minimum to take. Hopefully after a few weeks of winners for free, people will see that it's all good.

Today I am going to post some early Cheltenham bets that I think we should do before the weekend. I'll add further mobves on Monday and then will post my analysis of each day at around 11.30pm on Tues to Fri.

It' free to read this stuff if you just take the time to register. We are still not sure exactly how we plan to make money out of this, but we are having a few meetings with interesting people. For now, I would say, enjoy the free stuff and hopefully we can all make some money.

Look forward to those, Neil. And yes, it is FREE, so nobody can complain. We are all grown-ups, so caveat emptor & all that.

I will be setting some Rules on Fred shortly as to what happens if Fred regulars want to use BettingEmporium Tips & suggestions.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
JoeBeevers

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2013, 10:45:50 AM »

Look forward to those, Neil. And yes, it is FREE, so nobody can complain. We are all grown-ups, so caveat emptor & all that.

I will be setting some Rules on Fred shortly as to what happens if Fred regulars want to use BettingEmporium Tips & suggestions.

Thanks Tony,

Just one thing I would like to say is that we obviously don't want anyone posting all our tips publicly (or worse still copy and pasting) as it kind of defeats our purpose.

For Blonde though for example, if Neil posted say 3 tips on one Cheltenham day, and TFT wanted to back and post one of them, you could say something like 'Neil tipped three on Bettingemporium and I like this one for TFT'. That way you can recommend in TFT and people still have to register to read the full piece and to get the other two tips.

I hope I'm not making things too complicated. We love TFT and don't want to stop Fred backing our tips, we just want to protect Bettingemporium.com.

I hope that makes sense.  Smiley
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2013, 10:49:37 AM »

just gonna drop you a pm about making money Neil.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2013, 10:53:47 AM »

Hi guys

what's your policy on data usage? I can't see anything on the site that allows me to opt out of mailings, emails or SMS from you or any future 'carefully selected partners'

I'm taking the assumption here that you do have a DPA Licence

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2013, 11:11:10 AM »

Thanks Tony,

Just one thing I would like to say is that we obviously don't want anyone posting all our tips publicly (or worse still copy and pasting) as it kind of defeats our purpose.

For Blonde though for example, if Neil posted say 3 tips on one Cheltenham day, and TFT wanted to back and post one of them, you could say something like 'Neil tipped three on Bettingemporium and I like this one for TFT'. That way you can recommend in TFT and people still have to register to read the full piece and to get the other two tips.

I hope I'm not making things too complicated. We love TFT and don't want to stop Fred backing our tips, we just want to protect Bettingemporium.com.

I hope that makes sense.  Smiley

Thanks Joe.

I have already made our position clear on the TfT thread. (Personally, I NEVER put up tips).

It would be unreasonable & impractical to ask TfT readers never to suggest tips first seen on BE, that would be unpoliceable & unenforceable, so we have suggested....

1) A 2 hour period of grace.

2) Insisted that BE be accredited with the original tip.

We cannot actually prevent folks from doing otherwise, but we will try to. They could read your stuff, stick the tip up, & say it was their own idea. Like collusion in poker, it is well hard to prove.

The really important thing is to suggest common sense & "be fair by all parties".

I addressed the matter here....

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=56581.32880

We will continue to suggest people sign up to your site, too, so at worst, there is some gain for the occasional loss you may suffer from folks "pinching" stuff. Hopefully it balances out. On balance, blonde should be a positive for you.

It is quite tricky actually, especially as, hitherto, Neil has been a big supporter & aide to TfT, so we appreciate his spot is a little delicate now, too.

Given common sense & a desire to be right by everyone, I'm sure it will be fine.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2013, 11:18:34 AM »

Ooh, let me just add one more thing.

If there were to be any cutting & pasting from BE, that would be perfectly improper, & the Mods would remove it immediately.

JoeBeevers

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 08, 2013, 11:26:01 AM »

All sounds good Tony, thanks again.  Smiley
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2013, 11:29:33 AM »

How can you tell a tip I came up with independently from one I lifted from betting emporium?  It seems fairly hard to police.

FWIW you are safe for now I haven't registered.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
JoeBeevers

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2013, 11:33:17 AM »

How can you tell a tip I came up with independently from one I lifted from betting emporium?  It seems fairly hard to police.

FWIW you are safe for now I haven't registered.

Fairly hard? I would say impossible Wink

I guess a tell tale sign would be copy and paste but apart from that I couldn't agree more.
JoeBeevers

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 08, 2013, 11:34:20 AM »

Hi guys

what's your policy on data usage? I can't see anything on the site that allows me to opt out of mailings, emails or SMS from you or any future 'carefully selected partners'

I'm taking the assumption here that you do have a DPA Licence

Hi David,

We will never sell any of the data or information on Bettingemporium to third parties.

Are you a registered user on the site? I couldn't find a david3103?

There is already an option on the site, when you are registered and logged in, to subscribe and un-subscribe to the various mailings. We need to add options to opt out of any (all) general future mailings for all registered users, un-subscribe requests will be added to general mail shots and will always be honoured.

We also need to add SMS options too (there are no immediate plans to use SMS and if we do it should be opt in rather than opt out anyway).

The site is new but we should have site t&c as well as the cookie requirements on the site and this will be added soon.

The ico.gov.uk site would suggest that a DPA licence is not required for what we are doing and the t&c will make that clearer once we get them up (too busy trying to find winners Wink)

If I have misunderstood anything please feel free to email me on joe@thehendonmob.com

Cheers,

Joe
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 08, 2013, 11:39:46 AM »

Any data on profit/loss if each week you did those tips in an accumulator
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 08, 2013, 11:42:19 AM »

Joe,

Have you had any feedback on whether the email notification works? I have it set to email me when new tips go up but not received any emails,

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 08, 2013, 11:43:44 AM »

Hey Joe (sorry couldn't resist it)

I'm registered - but as pokerpops_xx (I was christened by the home game regulars)

That's all good

find some winners please :-)

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: