blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:15:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Like Sport, Love Winners - Bettingemporium.com
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Like Sport, Love Winners - Bettingemporium.com  (Read 134893 times)
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: July 30, 2014, 05:44:02 PM »

Following Neil's bets but had 4points each way on magique based on his write up

+1, tho don't think he'd have said to go ew on that race*

15 runners first 3 places.

*I def get the problem when it's 33's, you want to do it to place just in case, trying to learn myself that in such cases win only is the best value play.

Smiley

I backed the win smaller than the place part due to the price.  I feel churny inside backing 40/1 shots as decent win bets on a horse.

But all good in the end. 
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: July 31, 2014, 08:39:38 AM »

In the "we learn something every day" Dept, as a recreational fun punter, I doubt I'd ever have noticed this trait if it had not been in Lord G's write up yesterday. 

I'm sure BE won't mind me copying this, as it is well after the embargo time.

Self-certification is something that punters hate. If trainers had to take their sick horses to the races to show them to a BHA vet, prove they were ill and then drive them home that would be silly, so trainers are allowed to get their own vet to write a certificate if they want to pull their horse out. That means their friendly guy who they give their business to all the time will write whatever they want.

In races like this 5.25 you get to decide that you don't fancy being drawn high and you can either argue that the going is unsuitable or get your vet to say your horse didn't fancy his breakfast. That means we have lost the ones drawn 13,14,16 and 18 in this race where low numbers have an advantage

In other shock news, he probably also said that Seamus is a clown.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: July 31, 2014, 10:35:28 AM »

In the "we learn something every day" Dept, as a recreational fun punter, I doubt I'd ever have noticed this trait if it had not been in Lord G's write up yesterday. 

Self-certification is something that punters hate. If trainers had to take their sick horses to the races to show them to a BHA vet, prove they were ill and then drive them home that would be silly, so trainers are allowed to get their own vet to write a certificate if they want to pull their horse out. That means their friendly guy who they give their business to all the time will write whatever they want.

In races like this 5.25 you get to decide that you don't fancy being drawn high and you can either argue that the going is unsuitable or get your vet to say your horse didn't fancy his breakfast. That means we have lost the ones drawn 13,14,16 and 18 in this race where low numbers have an advantage

I should put this in the moaning thread but there should be a change in the rules imo so that you get the terms ou place the bet at.  The books have time to restructure the markets.   I mean we don't get the opportunity to void our bet if the terms change which no doubt given what Neil said yesterday about this particular race many would have wanted to do. 
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: July 31, 2014, 10:50:49 AM »

I was aware they did this but am not sure why they do it.  It is a handicap, so running down the field isn't going to do them any harm in the long run?  Or do they prefer to choose when their horse has a bad race and Goodwood wasn't in the plan?  Presumably if they didn't come to Goodwood, they were going to have a gallop somewhere?

I guess some must come a long way and it saves on travel costs, but assume entry fees are lost regardless?

Anyone any idea?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: July 31, 2014, 10:56:21 AM »

I have always been of the impression the big 4 bookmakers pay certain trainers to take horses out of these races wherever possible.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: July 31, 2014, 11:15:20 AM »

Sorry to disagree with the herd, but there isn't really a huge draw bias

The pic below is 7f handicaps more than 13 runners.

I think the high numbers get a bit back by being able to be settled and getting a clear run.

JoeBeevers

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 31, 2014, 12:21:40 PM »

English Football - Pre-season Analysis

Stuart is doing a package on the top four divisions for us. There will be several write ups and we have just published the first. Cost for total package is £49.99

English Non League Football - FREE - Pre-season Analysis write up coming soon

We will also be publishing a write up on non league pre-season by a great judge. Just having his caricature done and then we'll introduce him.

We are also planning weekly (free) write ups on Premier League & Championship and Non League games once the season starts.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 31, 2014, 12:47:28 PM »

Are any firms pricing up whether all the tips come out before noon as suggested ?

Ill take the no please Smiley

Tongue firmly in cheek with this post btw, very much enjoying reading the information and certainly been unlucky so far this week
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #578 on: July 31, 2014, 01:52:22 PM »

Good luck us today. Prices shot down a lot quicker today than past two, was noticeably harder to get on today with a few races. Anyway let's go
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 31, 2014, 02:17:22 PM »

Good luck us today. Prices shot down a lot quicker today than past two, was noticeably harder to get on today with a few races. Anyway let's go

True, I assume the tips are leaking out or somebody is betting chunks. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 31, 2014, 03:14:15 PM »

how many packages have been bought? Ive no idea if its 50 or 500 tbh

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 31, 2014, 03:37:48 PM »

By a bloody gnats knacker  Cry

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 31, 2014, 03:38:13 PM »

omg that sucked

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 31, 2014, 03:38:57 PM »

omg that sucked

Sad

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 31, 2014, 03:40:40 PM »

How did he even get back in contention - let alone nearly get up?

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 ... 55 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: