blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 12:25:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272921 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  From a generic Degree to a leading Poker Practitioner
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: From a generic Degree to a leading Poker Practitioner  (Read 73633 times)
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: January 29, 2014, 01:01:33 PM »

oh and congrats on the poker in general Smiley just to get in the action do you play games consoles outside poker? If so what's your favorite game? what's your favorite moment in poker?

ha thanks Smiley

Never really been much of a gamer but recently (christmas) bought an Xbox One. Literally only have Forza and Fifa, more of a sports fan than a shoot em/beat em up fan (although eagerly waiting for GTA to be released on there).

Unsure on my favourite moment in poker. Don't think I really have one tbh. Saying that I absolutely love this moment from the 2013 WSOP where he looks abso crushed as the river is dealt. Bit evil/bitter but we've all been there, sums up poker ideally. No relation to me btw Wink

polerization

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 29, 2014, 01:58:17 PM »

oh and congrats on the poker in general Smiley just to get in the action do you play games consoles outside poker? If so what's your favorite game? what's your favorite moment in poker?

ha thanks Smiley

Never really been much of a gamer but recently (christmas) bought an Xbox One. Literally only have Forza and Fifa, more of a sports fan than a shoot em/beat em up fan (although eagerly waiting for GTA to be released on there).

Unsure on my favourite moment in poker. Don't think I really have one tbh. Saying that I absolutely love this moment from the 2013 WSOP where he looks abso crushed as the river is dealt. Bit evil/bitter but we've all been there, sums up poker ideally. No relation to me btw Wink

Not really bothered about the xbox one yet as none of my mates have got it so dont see the point, but MBN anyway Wink
and i watched this the other day and just lolled at the guys face he's so confident then boom Q love it!
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 30, 2014, 12:14:24 AM »

zzzz hero is deep in big 22 hope he wins so he can get the beers in on saturday!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Luke Barradell

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 30, 2014, 01:31:00 AM »

Wouldn't be surprised if he shipped it, standard run good for him
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 30, 2014, 02:17:46 AM »

zzzz hero is deep in big 22 hope he wins so he can get the beers in on saturday!

7th for 1.8k. sighhhhh

Luke Barradell

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 30, 2014, 02:26:00 AM »

Unlucky, still a good run and nice score though.
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 30, 2014, 04:07:10 AM »

Just recieved a nice present in the form of an ipoker MTT, managed to ship a €5re for €1,020. Solid night

polerization

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 30, 2014, 11:53:53 AM »

Just recieved a nice present in the form of an ipoker MTT, managed to ship a €5re for €1,020. Solid night

Well done and all but if you keep winning i may just start crying, you never lose.
Luke Barradell

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 30, 2014, 12:56:07 PM »

WP WP, how many runners?
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 30, 2014, 01:14:03 PM »

WP WP, how many runners?

loool bowler. Not even sure tbh, Paid top 63 so Imagine it was 500-600

JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 01, 2014, 01:32:35 AM »

Trending Thursdays

Had a review on Thursday as standard, went down really nicely. Reviewed the painful Big $22 which was surprisingly painless. Played pretty well in general with the exception of a couple of spots where I was sat out, but its still early for me in regards to being comfy grinding all the software. It's interesting just how interesting they are, for example, bb is 17k, someones opened to 34k. I've made it 81k and he tells me he makes it much smaller than that, its too far off, ask for his amount and he says "probably 79,200". Seems a minute difference from a 1milly stack but its those little differences that seperate the top regs from the best regs.

They then introduced me to a specific spot that as described "I have to have in my game". Won't go completely into it, but because it's so difficult to balance (i.e. you do it 90% of times with weak hands, 10% with strong value hands) then as soon people latch on to it, which they probably will within the next week or two, the trend will completely die out. It's mad to think online trends in the game can literally be super profitable one week, -EV the next.

I felt like I deserved a night off having reviewed, spending time on my HUD and stuff like that.

Friday Night Heat

Tonight has been pretty unreal. Decided to reduce my schedule due to needing to be up bright and early tomorrow morning to hit the lights and glitz of Stoke. Loaded up probs 10-15 comps, after doing my balls on 888 the past couple of weeks I found all the run good.

Managed to ship the $24 5k GTD for $1.7k where I had the majority of the chips 6 handed. Then finished 3rd in a $22 4k GTD for $500 where I somehow found a ladder from 5th to 4th to 3rd, with people deciding to do their brains when deep.

May not be able to grind Sunday if something decent happens in Stoke so hopefully keeps the backers happy. Worked out I am +$7,000 on the bankroll over 11 sessions, they've agreed to move me up marginally to a couple of specials on 888 as well as an additional $26 MTT on tilt.

Luke Barradell

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 01, 2014, 01:43:10 AM »

Who are you reviewing your hands with? Do you play the same set of tournaments each session? And what poker steroids are you on to keep winning like this?
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 01, 2014, 01:54:18 AM »

Who are you reviewing your hands with? Do you play the same set of tournaments each session? And what poker steroids are you on to keep winning like this?

guy called tedstretch on stars and his financial partner who is also a sicko:

http://www.sharkscope.com/#Player-Statistics//networks/FullTilt/players/tedSTRETCH

Errrr play mostly a same set of tourneys, avoid turbos and there are some key mtt's with all the value. The bigger the guarantee the better, I pretty much play the biggest guarantees for my buyin range for each piece of software (i.e. I wouldnt play a $22 12k on stars, but would play a $22 4k on 888 as its their top end guarantee. Too many regs in the 12k as well as fields being too large to do battle with variance profitably consistently).

Ha I don't even drink Red Bull or anything like that. Have a full meat and two veg every day halfway through the grind, finding eating spots is much tougher than finding hand spots.

Luke Barradell

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 01, 2014, 02:04:33 AM »

http://www.sharkscope.com/#Player-Statistics//networks/FullTilt/players/tedSTRETCH

Errrr play mostly a same set of tourneys, avoid turbos and there are some key mtt's with all the value. The bigger the guarantee the better, I pretty much play the biggest guarantees for my buyin range for each piece of software (i.e. I wouldnt play a $22 12k on stars, but would play a $22 4k on 888 as its their top end guarantee. Too many regs in the 12k as well as fields being too large to do battle with variance profitably consistently).

Ha I don't even drink Red Bull or anything like that. Have a full meat and two veg every day halfway through the grind, finding eating spots is much tougher than finding hand spots.

What site do you think is the softest and which one do you prefer the most? (Not including stars). Also, on 888 you said you're going to start playing some of the specials, are these the ones that have weather related names like the monsoon etc?
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 01, 2014, 02:19:50 AM »

What site do you think is the softest and which one do you prefer the most? (Not including stars). Also, on 888 you said you're going to start playing some of the specials, are these the ones that have weather related names like the monsoon etc?

Tough to say, think it's too early to determine. They are all pretty soft apart from Stars, with FT being the next toughest. recs galore on ipoker, 888 and party if the software decides to work for you. Hadn't realised just how tough Stars is, I'm at a stage where in any huge field its typical for me to recognise 3 of the players at my table.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: