blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:50:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Official ISPT Wembley thread: DTD partner with ISPT and guarantee first at €1m
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 70 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official ISPT Wembley thread: DTD partner with ISPT and guarantee first at €1m  (Read 268530 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: March 30, 2013, 11:56:33 AM »

In the current edition of Bluff Europe, Rob has a five page ISPT interivew, that touches on DTD generally, its history and Rob's own career prior to DTD

Buy the magazine, or get someone (no idea who, but you can PM me to find out) to send you a PDF by email

Its a really good read...

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
2bad4u
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 30, 2013, 09:10:55 PM »

What's the score with non poker based advertising? How about getting some sports guys to play like Teddy Sheringham or Mark Williams?
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: March 31, 2013, 06:26:11 AM »

What's the score with non poker based advertising? How about getting some sports guys to play like Teddy Sheringham or Mark Williams?

Limited time for this campaign, we will focus on marketing to the pub poker player to professional player, UK wide. With a different run up, the marketing and adverting plan would have had much more scope. Cheers Rob
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 31, 2013, 11:18:23 AM »

Bazza gonna Bazza Rob slowly becoming the biggest face in UK poker Cheesy

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/world-of-poker/Who-is-Rob-Yong-Interview-with-the-Man-behind-Dusk-Till-Dawn-and-the-ISPT_70594/

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #349 on: March 31, 2013, 12:18:50 PM »

^^^^^^^^^ loved doing that interview.

I'd only met Rob once before properly (we made a final table, thing brag etc) and I must say I expected him to be this alpha male playboy James Bond/Alan Sugar hybrid. He is actually a really nice, down to earth, humble guy, but you can clearly see that he is also incredibly determined and hard working.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 02, 2013, 11:57:39 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 02, 2013, 11:58:15 AM »

Moody!

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 02, 2013, 11:59:06 AM »

Nuno Paulino, Simon Aces Trumper and Raul Eltoro Paez at Wembley Stadium.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 02, 2013, 12:43:15 PM »

The transcript of the Bluff interview is at

http://www.bluffeurope.com/interview/en/Dusk-Till-Dawn-chief-Rob-Yong_13147.aspx

A must read, both on the event and the man himself
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 12:53:29 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 02, 2013, 04:57:17 PM »

Awesome read that, the guys got balls big enough to come in a dump truck.

Satellite King
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 03, 2013, 05:05:13 PM »

Finally back in the connected world and taken me a couple of hours to trawl all the way through this...

Going to be playing the sats and aiming for turf performance in this.

Really does seem doable now, glad to see DTD taking it by the horns and best of luck with numbers!  Everything seems so clear, I'm assuming that a likely 'worst case' for DTD is that they have to cough up 250-300K for the first place money but clearly as a result have catapulted themselves into the fore of the poker world and like has been said by Shoelace, even if that happens I doubt anyone would ever mark them down for trying.  With a best case being no overlay and Rob is crowned King of the UK poker world with the big tours coming to him to work on Europe next.

Best of luck to all that play as well and my thoughts go out to Tighty and 'his team' as I feel it will be a monumental task if they're to keep up to their usual fantastic updating standard.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 04, 2013, 08:45:15 AM »

To give everyone a better feel for the event, some key questions answered

Answers by Simon Trumper

What is the Format for the event?

Players have the option to play multiple live Day 1's at Dusk Till Dawn and/or online Day 1's on dusktillwawnpoker.com with a buy in of €300 ( €270 + €30 ), these will start with 5000 chips and blinds 10 - 20 so 250 BB. The top 10% will then carry their chips through to Day 2 live at Wembley Stadium. It is also possible to buy in directly to one of the Day 2's on May 31st / June 1st for €3000 ( €2700 + €300 ), in this case a player will receive an average stack of at least 50,000 and therefore a minimum of 250 BB as blinds start at 100-200

What clock will be used?

Online Day 1's use a 15 minute clock, live Day 1's will be 38 mins, Day 2 + 3 will be 60 mins, Day 4 + 5 will be 75 mins and the final day 90 mins

How does the Guarantee work?

We are using a standard payout. From the total prizepool collected, 20% will be paid to first place with any shortfall being added by Dusk Till Dawn to complete to the guaranteed €1,000,000, this leaves 80% for the remaining paid places unaffected. eg total prizepool €2,700,000 , 20% = €540,000 , Dusk Till Dawn add €460,000 and remaining 80% of prizepool €2,160,000 is paid to all the other players that cash.

What advantages are there in playing Day 1?

While a player buying in Day 2 starts with an average stack of minimum 50,000, a Day 1 player could build a much bigger stack, also if you end Day 1 with a short stack you have the option to forfeit it and play another Day 1, each time you enter a subsequent Day 1 your previous stack is forfeitted. Also as re entry is allowed from Day 2a to 2b you could play 2a, lose your chips and still try again.

What is the qualifying programme for Day 1's?

There will be hourly €2 feeders starting April 22nd on dusktilldawnpoker,com where you win €30 tokens to the weekly Mega Satellite commencing Sunday  April 28th 8pm that has 200 x €300 Day 1 seats guaranteed. You can then choose whether to play your Day 1 live at the club or online, all unused €30 and €300 tokens will be credited to your online account.

When do the Day 1's start?

On Saturday May 11th 2pm we have the first live Day 1, followed by the first online Day 1 Sunday May 12th 8pm

Will there be satellites direct to Day 2?

We are in negotiations to have live satellites where direct entry to the Day 2 of your choice will be available. These will be announced soon.

Are the Day 1's satellites?

No, although the format of this event is designed to attract all bankrolls, the Day 1's are definitely not satellites. The Top 10% of the field carry their stacks accumulated in their respective Day 1 through to the live Day 2 of their choice at Wembley. The payout will start at 2 x min cash which will be €540 equivalent to 2 x €270 Day 1 buy in.

Will deals be allowed?

Yes, we have decided to allow deals but these will be overseen by the TD and would require an agreed amount to continue to be played for along with the title and trophy.

Can we re enter?

You cannot re enter on the same day but can play multiple Day 1's but if you have made the top 10% and are through to Day 2 you would forfeit your stack by entering a subsequent Day 1, you can also play day 2a either by choosing to take your stack through from Day 1 or by direct entry for €3000 ( €2700 + €300 ) and if you get knocked out re enter into Day 2b.

What if it rains?

We are constructing a poker village on the pitch which will create a poker friendly environment and be protected from the elements, if there are any adverse conditions we are installing a dual set up and will move into the Bobby Moore stand that overlooks the pitch.

Will the final be on the pitch?

The intention is that as a minimum the first 3 days will be in the poker village on the pitch so players can walk out from the Bobby Moore stand down the steps and onto the pitch experiencing a view of the stadium usually only players ever get to see but it will then be preferable to move inside to combine the main event with the side events for both atmosphere and broadcast access.

Is smoking allowed in the stadium?

No, but there will be a dedicated area provided outside.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 08:48:07 AM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 04, 2013, 08:57:59 AM »

Happy Birthday Richard. On it early Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
robbiebox
me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #358 on: April 04, 2013, 12:46:54 PM »

Has the side events schedule been announced yet?

Luckbox is my most successful strategy.
http://bigdealinabox.blogspot.com/
Yian

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 04, 2013, 01:49:31 PM »

The way the guarantee works is pretty sick. If there was an overlay there could potentially be an absurd difference between 1st and 2nd place. There will probably be a deal done in this instance but interesting to see what happens.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 10:41:19 AM by TightEnd » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 70 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: