blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 08:42:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272768 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  WPT Marbella + Monte Carlo
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WPT Marbella + Monte Carlo  (Read 25650 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2013, 01:44:46 AM »

Day 1b

My day 1b table was good, I had Keys to my direct left, but rest of table was pretty nice, I would say my starting tables had minimum 5 very weak players on it and I either ran v well in that regard, or Spanish plays are just all bad, I would suggest the latter and it also gives me the motivation to grind more of the Spanish tour and will look to do so moving forwad.

I played pretty tight most of the day, there was a hand where I got c/r and insta folded AA on Q8x and the guy flipped Q8. Next orbit I cbet KT on K42 and c/f on the 7 turn and he shows me KQ, so I felt I was really locked in.

A Danish guy moved to my table and was playing HYPER aggro, I was watching "The Social Network" on my iPad and tyring to stay out of trouble and was playing tight, wathcing him bulldoze witha huge suicide sign on his forhead. He opened UTG to 400, mp1 flats and I squeeze mp2 to 1700, he peels. Flop is K65ddd he checks, we bet 2100, he calls. Turn is , he checks, we bet 3200, he makes it 7900 and we make it 12,300 out of a 21k stack, he thinks for a few minutes and folds. 

I then open UTG to 1k at 200/400, BTN flats, SB (huge huge huge whale) makes it 5k, we have like 23k or something, so I make it 10,200, he calls. We have KK and flop is k92, he checks and I bet 2k trying to induce something spazzy, he calls, turn is ace, he checks and I obviously check behind and he folds to my river bet claiming he had 87s lol.

Table gets broke and I move to a new table.

I recognise a few of the guys and know them to be weak tight, there was 2 hours left of the day and I went into aggresive mode looking to accumulate vs these guys who were yawning a lot lol. I span the 35k up to 98k to come back to day 2. Vamos.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2013, 01:55:21 AM »

Day 2

Coming back on Day 2 I knew the blinds were 400/800 and I had 98k which was around double average, a little bit more infact. I came back and my table ALL had over 90k and they were all very very aggressive.

Long story short. There is a guy who absolutely hates me because of something personal which happened, on day 1b I saw him in the restaurant and he sat next to me, by accident lol,  said "Hey dude, how are you?" he looked at me in the eyes for around 10 seconds (LONG TIME!) and then looked away, I was abit creeped out, anyway I came to the table on day 2 and he was on my direct left with 175k!!

For the whole of the day I only had better than 55 once (I'll write about it) and never better than AT (apart from once which I will write), for 8 hours on a hyper aggressive table that is very hard.

I slowly chipped down, but with great structure and my stack very healthy, everything was fine.

Our "friend" went from 175, to 160, to 150, to 140, to 130, bluffing and bluffing.

I opened in the cut off and he 3bet me in the button, we have like 85 bigs and I made a instinct decision to just fold. Next hand I open (YES SAME HAND Cheesy) and he 3bets me again, I just let him have it again.  One orbit later and I opened AQ, he 3bet me and I folded, I ust figured this guy would definitely double me if I get a big hand and I don't want to play OOP + without initiative where he will always put me at risk for my stack.

In the past I loved it, calling down, being a fkn hero, but I really just grinded a lot for the majority of the tournament, which leads us nicely to our next hand....

Steve Watts moved into my direct left, around 10 hands in of his stint mp opens to 2500, I 3bet to 7300 OTB, and Steve makes it 17,800 from the small, I had around 90k and made it 28,200 and he took about 7 minutes and folded.

I then basically chipped down just folding for the next 4 hours, in the last 2 levels before the end of the day I opened AK and our "friend" shoved AQ, I got him and it felt nice Smiley I now had 30 big blinds and could relax a little bit.

Going into the last level I knew we weren't going to make the money, I had a flight at 10am the next day and my hotel ran out as well. I was pretty card dead, when I say that I mean no premiums, I had t9ss, 76hh, j9hh and 54cc and folded them all pre when previously I'm pretty sure I would have r/f them but I wanted to protect my stack for a bigger double and more f/e on the bubble.

Going into the last 3 hands of the night I had 72k, average was 140 and second shortest was 90kish going into a new level of 2500/5000 the next day. UTG a tight, Dutch guy opened to 2.5x off around 23 bigs and I really thought that he had a strong range here as he would expect a lot of this table to 3bet him a lot as everybody was ballistic, I had 55 in the co and made what is probably an easy fold, but in the circumstances I assume most would have jammed.

Meaning I came back to day 3, without a flight or hotel and 15 bigs and a dream!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2013, 02:04:52 AM »

Day 3

Coming back to day 3, I always figured it would be pretty hard, I came back to see Flushy was on my direct left with 500k (ft average) and I had in my opinion, the best player in the torunament 2 to my left, whilst Steve Watts and 2 good Russians were to my right and opening a lot.

We went from 30 to 29 pretty quickly, 29 to 28 (bubble lasted a longer time) I had an interesting hand.

UTG opens, MP, CO and BTN calls and we have 66 in the small blind with 15 bigs, SO much dead money and huge ante's but I felt it was a fold with the Russians likely having 77-99 a lot and also UTG was playing pretty snug at this point and hadn't shown down anything yet. I decided to make a fold, which could potentially be bad, and I would always jam previously but here I felt fold was best.

I got a 12bb jam through UTG w/QJo 7 handed.

We got to the pure bubble and I was probably 27/28. I got a shove through BTN vs MP w/AKss and had 17 bigs.

It folded round to my SB and I had KJo with Flushy with around 600k in the big. If I opened I felt he was jamming a lot, If I limp, he is jamming, folding seems terrible, so I piled. He had A5 and tanked for a couple of minutes, I gave him the speech of "Blonde wants you to fold" Tongue and he replied  that his fans would be very happy if he bubbled me Sad

Anyway, he folded and we made the money.

In the money around 3 hands in I was in the CO and had 14 bigs, I looked at the and jammed, bb called with and I looked at the other one which was the Ah Tongue and we doubled.

We stole the blinds a couple of times and then 3bet/folded once when it was folded to us in the cut  off with 95k at 4k/8k/1k 9 handed, I jammed and SB re-jammed.

I had TT and he had 99, he turned a 9 and it was gg us Sad

We made a pay jump bubble of 3200€ and I was pretty devved to get gg'd. I don;t get much time to play live tournaments so when I do I really like to get into them, there was 19 left when I busted and had a good feel of how everything was, if I could have won that 220k pot or whatever it was I would have been in contention, as it is I'm just another min cash and still haven't got that breakthrough cash yet.

I would love to pay everybody in Nottingham in £ or € so please let me know if you will be there.

I'm looking forward to going there next week and hope to meet as many of you guys as possible. Hopefully I can get us a deep run.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2013, 02:27:26 AM »

in other news, found a hilarious picture of my hair from last years Cheesy

and this year Cheesy

« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 02:42:08 AM by pleno1 » Logged

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2013, 10:10:27 AM »

Hoping to be at DTD on Friday so £ there will be fine mate.

Nice trip report, well played and unlucky that the TT didn't hold up.

Ah! The element of surprise
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2013, 10:27:54 AM »

Couldn't disagree more on your reads on the other players, that guy on my left was pretty poor. Just bad nit who occasionally goes beserk in the most obvious spots.

The two Russians were dire, the one at the other end of the table to us just opens about 50% and never does anything when 3b. The other Russian was lolbad, he took so many spazzy lines for absolute no reason he was one of the softest players in the field.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2013, 10:53:34 AM »

Couldn't disagree more on your reads on the other players, that guy on my left was pretty poor. Just bad nit who occasionally goes beserk in the most obvious spots.

The two Russians were dire, the one at the other end of the table to us just opens about 50% and never does anything when 3b. The other Russian was lolbad, he took so many spazzy lines for absolute no reason he was one of the softest players in the field.

Fella on your left was just a lollivepro too. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2013, 10:55:16 AM »

Played with him on all of day 2/he's a well known coach/ renowned as one of best Portuguese MTT players. He played something like 45/30 for all of day 2 but said he was card dead yesterday. he recently won super Tuesday/Sunday million and few other stuff and really impresse on day 2 although admittedly he was v tight yesterday.

With the Russians try were opening quite a lot, Russian 1 r/f cs a 11bb (with big ante) jam and Russian 2 4b jammed and showed a 4 so they were definitely not nitty.

Russian 1 rejamed 3 times with a6/kq/k9 and last hand before end of day 2 rejamed 150bigs and showed a 9.
Wast trying to say the ruskskis we're great they just weren't going to fold a lot so I could jam co/btn and were going to put pressure on if I raised/3b.

As ever with aggro players it's variance on how well you run in terms of how good hands you have, of you have a heater then sure it's great to have all hear dolts but when you're card dead 7 handed with 15 bigs it's gonna be pretty tough.

Anyway nice playing and ul.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2013, 10:59:15 AM »

He has over 1m cashes online?

Anyway doesn't really matter Cheesy I'd take him vs anybody else in the field with same stack sizes.

I think portuguese players are actually really good and probably ahead of the curve right now. Ofc there are lots of spazzes but that's the same as in the UK. But their best players are really staying ahead of te curve and play v v well.

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2013, 11:49:35 AM »

Nice TR Pads and wpwpwpwp/ul

Look forward to seeing you this week!!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2013, 11:57:42 AM »

Anyway doesn't really matter Cheesy I'd take him vs anybody else in the field with same stack sizes.

I think portuguese players are actually really good and probably ahead of the curve right now. Ofc there are lots of spazzes but that's the same as in the UK. But their best players are really staying ahead of te curve and play v v well.

From all ive read Id say you tend to overestimate how good people are, how well they are playing etc, most of them probably just had hands. Its easy in poker to look brilliant/terrible playing the exact same way

Nothing wrong with disagreeing with Dempsey tho
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2013, 01:16:54 PM »

Day 2

Coming back on Day 2 I knew the blinds were 400/800 and I had 98k which was around double average, a little bit more infact. I came back and my table ALL had over 90k and they were all very very aggressive.

Long story short. There is a guy who absolutely hates me because of something personal which happened, on day 1b I saw him in the restaurant and he sat next to me, by accident lol,  said "Hey dude, how are you?" he looked at me in the eyes for around 10 seconds (LONG TIME!) and then looked away, I was abit creeped out, anyway I came to the table on day 2 and he was on my direct left with 175k!!

For the whole of the day I only had better than 55 once (I'll write about it) and never better than AT (apart from once which I will write), for 8 hours on a hyper aggressive table that is very hard.

I slowly chipped down, but with great structure and my stack very healthy, everything was fine.

Our "friend" went from 175, to 160, to 150, to 140, to 130, bluffing and bluffing.

I opened in the cut off and he 3bet me in the button, we have like 85 bigs and I made a instinct decision to just fold. Next hand I open (YES SAME HAND Cheesy) and he 3bets me again, I just let him have it again.  One orbit later and I opened AQ, he 3bet me and I folded, I ust figured this guy would definitely double me if I get a big hand and I don't want to play OOP + without initiative where he will always put me at risk for my stack.

In the past I loved it, calling down, being a fkn hero, but I really just grinded a lot for the majority of the tournament, which leads us nicely to our next hand....

Steve Watts moved into my direct left, around 10 hands in of his stint mp opens to 2500, I 3bet to 7300 OTB, and Steve makes it 17,800 from the small, I had around 90k and made it 28,200 and he took about 7 minutes and folded.

I then basically chipped down just folding for the next 4 hours, in the last 2 levels before the end of the day I opened AK and our "friend" shoved AQ, I got him and it felt nice Smiley I now had 30 big blinds and could relax a little bit.

Going into the last level I knew we weren't going to make the money, I had a flight at 10am the next day and my hotel ran out as well. I was pretty card dead, when I say that I mean no premiums, I had t9ss, 76hh, j9hh and 54cc and folded them all pre when previously I'm pretty sure I would have r/f them but I wanted to protect my stack for a bigger double and more f/e on the bubble.

Going into the last 3 hands of the night I had 72k, average was 140 and second shortest was 90kish going into a new level of 2500/5000 the next day. UTG a tight, Dutch guy opened to 2.5x off around 23 bigs and I really thought that he had a strong range here as he would expect a lot of this table to 3bet him a lot as everybody was ballistic, I had 55 in the co and made what is probably an easy fold, but in the circumstances I assume most would have jammed.

Meaning I came back to day 3, without a flight or hotel and 15 bigs and a dream!

cool report pads and vbol in the monte; really interested in thought process of not defending these v a guy who sounds like hes really going after your co opens. Seems like we dont have many better hands to defend if we ever want to have a calling range.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2013, 01:17:21 PM »

Demps in thinking people are terrible shocker Cheesy

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2013, 04:28:53 PM »

From all ive read Id say you tend to overestimate how good people are, how well they are playing etc, most of them probably just had hands. Its easy in poker to look brilliant/terrible playing the exact same way

Nothing wrong with disagreeing with Dempsey tho

I'm probably the most critical guy you will ever meet of anybodies game Tongue I would say (have said) that majority of the guys in this comp were truly awful, but this one Portuguese guy was actually v good (I've watched his coachings/videos before playing)

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2013, 12:15:11 PM »

Off an grinding. Playing 5 handed ATM, 2 unknowns, James browning and that Ian Simpson bloke. Mc just moved two to left.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: