blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:33:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Sunday Storm 22 left
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sunday Storm 22 left  (Read 6779 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2013, 04:11:39 PM »

Think peeling KK/AA vs this villain would be really bad, unless he thinks you are terrible then guess its an option.
Nit Tendencies

Is this some kind of hilarious practical joke?

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2013, 04:53:33 PM »

Think peeling KK/AA vs this villain would be really bad, unless he thinks you are terrible then guess its an option.

I don't think i agree, simply because there is no way he knows enough about our game to know that we only flat AA/KK, I think we can just disguise ourselves in the field which is full of bananas, and hope he assumes we are one of them.. I feel like if the villain knew enough about us to make it bad, that history would have been mentioned in the OP.

I think you'd be surprised how exploitably you can play in these kind of tournaments. Just look at players like pessagno who have horrible games in theory, but crush these levels because they do really weird exploitable stuff when shallow. I think this is one of those spots.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2013, 04:55:19 PM »

also people behind who are bananas will squeeze wider and go all in with more hands that they would fold if we 3b pre + the fact that utg will commit a lot with ahnds that he folds to the 3bet when he flops equity.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2013, 06:33:18 PM »

I don't think i agree, simply because there is no way he knows enough about our game to know that we only flat AA/KK, I think we can just disguise ourselves in the field which is full of bananas, and hope he assumes we are one of them.. I feel like if the villain knew enough about us to make it bad, that history would have been mentioned in the OP.

I think you'd be surprised how exploitably you can play in these kind of tournaments. Just look at players like pessagno who have horrible games in theory, but crush these levels because they do really weird exploitable stuff when shallow. I think this is one of those spots.

this.

pessagno is king, all hail
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2013, 06:37:15 PM »

He doesn't really need to know that much about your game for this type of spot, he will OPR you if he's readless here I'd expect , and then will think you are are pretty much always nutted when you peel here, you or anyone competent/good just always has it here.

I get your point about spots where it can be best to play exploititively, I vaguely remember a spot slightly similar to this awhile back were I advocated playing AA face up for this exact reason, I think this is a bad spot to do it though.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2013, 06:47:39 PM »

also people behind who are bananas will squeeze wider and go all in with more hands that they would fold if we 3b pre + the fact that utg will commit a lot with ahnds that he folds to the 3bet when he flops equity.

I pretty much disagree with all of this.

Don't think these "bananas" are going to pick this spot vs an utg open and a short stack peel to get ool when the money up top will be huge to most "bananas". I definitely don't think they'll be doing it often enough that it makes peeling a better option than jamming since as I say we are extremely polarized now and I'd expect utg to shutdown so often.

Villain will know his image so will think us, they competent/good player, will be jamming wide enough that with our stack he's not folding 77, AJ etc. Whereas when we peel I'd fully expect him to c/f flop so often here, think anything else from him is a mistake also.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2013, 07:22:47 PM »

I think everyone ITT is vastly underestimating the way any none professional will play in the final 20 of a 25k runner field.

UTG never shuts down, always fires at least one, no matter how competent the other guy is.

Pessango is a boss.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2013, 07:23:48 PM »

I think everyone ITT is vastly underestimating the way any none professional will play in the final 20 of a 25k runner field.

UTG never shuts down, always fires at least one, no matter how competent the other guy is.

Pessango is a boss.

UTG is a good HS reg.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2013, 07:26:40 PM »

if a guy has 66-tt and it goes raise/call he will jam a lot more than if it goes raise 3bet. we know the guy is opening wide utg but will be folding a lot to our 3bet all in but stacking off reasonably wider post flop.

also the fact guys actually play super nitty here, the times they have aq/tt/jj and fold to our 3bet all in (they will a certain % of the time) is really bad as they will close to 100% jam when we flat.

also think that if its a significantly smaller comp to what hes used to he will probably playing significantly splashier and more likely to try and overrun players who may be scared money etc.

also dont expect him to think we're polarized, he will probably put us on a pair if the board is high and broadways if the board is low Smiley

i think calling is the only option with aa/kk.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2013, 07:40:46 PM »

if a guy has 66-tt and it goes raise/call he will jam a lot more than if it goes raise 3bet. we know the guy is opening wide utg but will be folding a lot to our 3bet all in but stacking off reasonably wider post flop.

also the fact guys actually play super nitty here, the times they have aq/tt/jj and fold to our 3bet all in (they will a certain % of the time) is really bad as they will close to 100% jam when we flat.

also think that if its a significantly smaller comp to what hes used to he will probably playing significantly splashier and more likely to try and overrun players who may be scared money etc.

also dont expect him to think we're polarized, he will probably put us on a pair if the board is high and broadways if the board is low Smiley

i think calling is the only option with aa/kk.

What % of regs do you think are peeling in this spot that aren't nutted ?
Nit Tendencies

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2013, 07:53:03 PM »

Mondatoo, I really think you're overestimating how well people at this level read the game. A random pineapple doesn't say "ok, this guy has opened from X and this guy has peeled from Y", he says "well, a 9 and a 7, let's see a flop." or "I HAZ A PAIR OF SIXES, ARRRR INNNNN".

Peeling 100% opens people's peeling and reshoving ranges rather than 3betting, and i'm really surprised that anyone can try and refute that.

Nit Tendencies

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2013, 07:55:07 PM »

Also, it takes a VERY disciplined reg not to fire a cbet on 832r or if they flop any equity and jsut check/fold. I don't think many regs are just gonna check/own you post flop tbh.

And also, why isn't our OPR and Sharkscope blocked? pretty fishy if you're a winner to have that info about imho.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2013, 07:59:10 PM »

Also, it takes a VERY disciplined reg not to fire a cbet on 832r or if they flop any equity and jsut check/fold. I don't think many regs are just gonna check/own you post flop tbh.

And also, why isn't our OPR and Sharkscope blocked? pretty fishy if you're a winner to have that info about imho.

Your OPR isn't blocked ?  Wink
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2013, 08:03:42 PM »

Mondatoo, I really think you're overestimating how well people at this level read the game. A random pineapple doesn't say "ok, this guy has opened from X and this guy has peeled from Y", he says "well, a 9 and a 7, let's see a flop." or "I HAZ A PAIR OF SIXES, ARRRR INNNNN".

Peeling 100% opens people's peeling and reshoving ranges rather than 3betting, and i'm really surprised that anyone can try and refute that.

lol syskey holds 97s and flops 66x GET THE WORLD IN LADS. PAIR
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2013, 08:05:56 PM »

Obv, I never disputed that though, but would be very suprised if the Maths showed that we gain more chips from the times we peel and the blinds squeeze as opposed to us 3b jamming and utg's calling range. Pretty obv since it's basic level 1 stuff I realise the amount of fish in these comps that don't look at anything but there own cards.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 08:10:11 PM by mondatoo » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: