blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:37:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272601 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1021357 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2520 on: October 28, 2014, 02:57:11 PM »

Some useful Breeders Cup Stats for you.

Friday

1. Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf

Only one of the 21 horses in the first three in the betting on the US tote has won this race so far.

However, the biggest priced winner was just 12.5/1. The average price in last 7 renewals 15/2

2. Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile

Six of the seven Dirt Mile winners were aged three or four. This year, just five of the twelve pre-entries are in that age bracket. The only five year old to win paid $77.40 (about 37/1).

3. Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf

Five of the six Juvenile Fillies Turf winners had won over a mile or more already.

The one exception, French-trained Flotilla, had been beaten less than two lengths in the Group 1 Prix Marcel Boussac on her prior start, and paid over 11/1 on the US tote.

4. Breeders’ Cup Distaff

Last fifteen Distaff winners were aged three or four. That accounts for just half of the twelve pre-entries. 25 of the 30 Distaff winners since the start of the Breeders’ Cup were aged three or four.

Saturday

5. Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies

25 of the 30 Juvenile Fillies winners had already won at Graded level.

This year, just four of 15 have.

6. Breeders’ Cup Filly and Mare Turf

Seven of the last eight FM Turf winners were aged three or four.

This year, no less than ten of pre-entries are five and up, with two six year olds attempting to do what none that age has achieved before.

7. Breeders’ Cup Filly and Mare Sprint

Four of the seven Filly and Mare Sprint winners had tasted Grade 1 glory that season. Of the other three, one was Groupie Doll last year, who was the reigning FM Sprint queen; and the other two had both been second in G1 company that season, and were double figure prices.

8. Breeders’ Cup Turf Sprint

Four renewals held on this, and all four have been won by a horse with at least two wins over course and distance.

This year, just three of the eligible pre-entries qualify

9. Breeders’ Cup Juvenile

Not a strong trends race at all

10. Breeders’ Cup Turf

All 31 winners of the Turf (taking in both dead heaters in 2003) were aged three to five. That is against five of the sixteen pre-entries

11. Breeders’ Cup Sprint

15 of the last 21 Sprint winners had already scored at least twice in the season at the distance.

12. Breeders’ Cup Mile

Often considered to be one of the best chances of the Euro horses, 14 of the last 16 were won by either a US horse, or Goldikova (3 wins).Both the other two Euro wins were by French-trained horses.

Hope they are of use.

Thanks for posting these Adz.

Where do I send the subs bud?

Send the cheque to Humbel Ben@pppp.com Wink

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: October 28, 2014, 03:34:58 PM »

lol, abs too good bud.

I've a feeling you are going to be having it right off on the NH again this year Adz.

Would you rather be at a flat meeting in the warm or a NH meeting in freezing December?

How many horses have you owned/had a share in?

How many horses do you have in your tracker/notebook at any one time?

What is your best racing memory as a kid?

What is your best racing memory as an adult?

You have a good eye for a horse, does going to sales and looking at many lots improve your judgement on the punting side too?

Whats the most you have ever bid for a horse? (even if it wasn't your cash being spent)

Do you mainly bet or lay horses or a bit of both?

How much do you regret choosing Arsenal instead of Spurs?

Do you have a hurdler and a chaser you are looking forward to seeing this season(either for punting or just coz you love the horse)

If you owned Clever Cookie would you be aiming it at the Champion Hurdle as that looks to be a race that could cut up this year and would you be sick if you were on at 66/1 for the CH and they seem to have decided it's too good to go hurdling with this year? ;o(

Your fav horse of all time?

How many races do you watch a week either live or on tape?

I really like reading this and the greyhound thread as they just feel full of knowledge and enjoyment so good to put some meat on the bones of the posters.

tx

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Tonibell

View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: October 28, 2014, 04:32:28 PM »

Prescott drifter. :O
icles test

View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: October 28, 2014, 05:54:14 PM »

Some useful Breeders Cup Stats for you.

Friday

1. Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf

Only one of the 21 horses in the first three in the betting on the US tote has won this race so far.

However, the biggest priced winner was just 12.5/1. The average price in last 7 renewals 15/2

2. Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile

Six of the seven Dirt Mile winners were aged three or four. This year, just five of the twelve pre-entries are in that age bracket. The only five year old to win paid $77.40 (about 37/1).

3. Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf

Five of the six Juvenile Fillies Turf winners had won over a mile or more already.

The one exception, French-trained Flotilla, had been beaten less than two lengths in the Group 1 Prix Marcel Boussac on her prior start, and paid over 11/1 on the US tote.

4. Breeders’ Cup Distaff

Last fifteen Distaff winners were aged three or four. That accounts for just half of the twelve pre-entries. 25 of the 30 Distaff winners since the start of the Breeders’ Cup were aged three or four.

Saturday

5. Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies

25 of the 30 Juvenile Fillies winners had already won at Graded level.

This year, just four of 15 have.

6. Breeders’ Cup Filly and Mare Turf

Seven of the last eight FM Turf winners were aged three or four.

This year, no less than ten of pre-entries are five and up, with two six year olds attempting to do what none that age has achieved before.

7. Breeders’ Cup Filly and Mare Sprint

Four of the seven Filly and Mare Sprint winners had tasted Grade 1 glory that season. Of the other three, one was Groupie Doll last year, who was the reigning FM Sprint queen; and the other two had both been second in G1 company that season, and were double figure prices.

8. Breeders’ Cup Turf Sprint

Four renewals held on this, and all four have been won by a horse with at least two wins over course and distance.

This year, just three of the eligible pre-entries qualify

9. Breeders’ Cup Juvenile

Not a strong trends race at all

10. Breeders’ Cup Turf

All 31 winners of the Turf (taking in both dead heaters in 2003) were aged three to five. That is against five of the sixteen pre-entries

11. Breeders’ Cup Sprint

15 of the last 21 Sprint winners had already scored at least twice in the season at the distance.

12. Breeders’ Cup Mile

Often considered to be one of the best chances of the Euro horses, 14 of the last 16 were won by either a US horse, or Goldikova (3 wins).Both the other two Euro wins were by French-trained horses.

Hope they are of use.

Cheers. Usually leave the doped up dirt fests but decent info to have an interest.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: October 28, 2014, 08:15:18 PM »

lol, abs too good bud.

I've a feeling you are going to be having it right off on the NH again this year Adz.

Would you rather be at a flat meeting in the warm or a NH meeting in freezing December? At home, working betfair. Will probably go max five time NH season this year.

How many horses have you owned/had a share in? None. Mrs C reads this. When one of your best mates family owns around 100 horses, and you get to go where and when you like, seems daft to spend your own. Would love Guesty to move south though, then I would.

How many horses do you have in your tracker/notebook at any one time? Use three trackers, all nearly maxed. Tend to try and use two for flat and one for jumps, as names on flat are more diff to remember(arabic names/juveniles etc)

What is your best racing memory as a kid? Putting £500 on Rowlandsons Jewels in a four horse race at Hereford at 11/10. Every penny I had bar scrapnel. What a sweat, won by half a length. Was stones better, I thought.lol

What is your best racing memory as an adult? Watching Creon get laid out for the Pertemps, and lumping on at all manner of prices(100s on betty/66s Tote) with Brooky. We were the only two cheering in the members area going abso potty, didn't have enough pockets and had to get a taxi back home and then go back to Chelts to celebrate. Only matched when Rog got his first Cheltenham winner himself when Cheltanian won the Bumper

You have a good eye for a horse, does going to sales and looking at many lots improve your judgement on the punting side too? No. Not a clue. Just the fat ones are avoided!

Whats the most you have ever bid for a horse? (even if it wasn't your cash being spent)I forget now, but do remember getting starred down by Hendo in one sale. Always keep one eye out to make sure Rog hasn't wandered off. Dont want that ticket for £180,000 with my name on for too long.

Do you mainly bet or lay horses or a bit of both?99% bettor.

How much do you regret choosing Arsenal instead of Spurs? As if. Love the pain and the arguements though.

Do you have a hurdler and a chaser you are looking forward to seeing this season(either for punting or just coz you love the horse) Interested to see West Wizard this year, was so hyped last year, but they are still bigging him up. Many Clouds. Still think he could go a long way. Plenty of lesser known horses, but we need to keep them quiet....

If you owned Clever Cookie would you be aiming it at the Champion Hurdle as that looks to be a race that could cut up this year and would you be sick if you were on at 66/1 for the CH and they seem to have decided it's too good to go hurdling with this year? ;o(.....Lets keep our fingers crossed for a change of heart mate.

Your fav horse of all time? Red Maruader

How many races do you watch a week either live or on tape? Every UK race, even if I have to save them up to do it.

I really like reading this and the greyhound thread as they just feel full of knowledge and enjoyment so good to put some meat on the bones of the posters.

tx

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: October 28, 2014, 10:58:43 PM »

lol, abs too good bud.

Would you rather be at a flat meeting in the warm or a NH meeting in freezing December? At home, working betfair. Will probably go max five time NH season this year.

How many horses have you owned/had a share in? None. Mrs C reads this. When one of your best mates family owns around 100 horses, and you get to go where and when you like, seems daft to spend your own. Would love Guesty to move south though, then I would.

How many horses do you have in your tracker/notebook at any one time? Use three trackers, all nearly maxed. Tend to try and use two for flat and one for jumps, as names on flat are more diff to remember(arabic names/juveniles etc)

What is your best racing memory as a kid? Putting £500 on Rowlandsons Jewels in a four horse race at Hereford at 11/10. Every penny I had bar scrapnel. What a sweat, won by half a length. Was stones better, I thought.lol

What is your best racing memory as an adult? Watching Creon get laid out for the Pertemps, and lumping on at all manner of prices(100s on betty/66s Tote) with Brooky. We were the only two cheering in the members area going abso potty, didn't have enough pockets and had to get a taxi back home and then go back to Chelts to celebrate. Only matched when Rog got his first Cheltenham winner himself when Cheltanian won the Bumper

You have a good eye for a horse, does going to sales and looking at many lots improve your judgement on the punting side too? No. Not a clue. Just the fat ones are avoided!

Whats the most you have ever bid for a horse? (even if it wasn't your cash being spent)I forget now, but do remember getting starred down by Hendo in one sale. Always keep one eye out to make sure Rog hasn't wandered off. Dont want that ticket for £180,000 with my name on for too long.

How much do you regret choosing Arsenal instead of Spurs? As if. Love the pain and the arguements though.

Do you have a hurdler and a chaser you are looking forward to seeing this season(either for punting or just coz you love the horse) Interested to see West Wizard this year, was so hyped last year, but they are still bigging him up. Many Clouds. Still think he could go a long way. Plenty of lesser known horses, but we need to keep them quiet....

If you owned Clever Cookie would you be aiming it at the Champion Hurdle as that looks to be a race that could cut up this year and would you be sick if you were on at 66/1 for the CH and they seem to have decided it's too good to go hurdling with this year? ;o(.....Lets keep our fingers crossed for a change of heart mate.

How many races do you watch a week either live or on tape? Every UK race, even if I have to save them up to do it.

tx

cheers mate...ah Red Marauder, now that was a National to remember. Which trackers do you use?

You sure about the Arsenal answer? ;o)

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2526 on: October 29, 2014, 04:52:20 AM »

off down the road to a really mundane nottinham meeting but quite looking forward to the maiden. Done a fair bit of studying but the 1m6f race at 4.00 im really struggling with. Anyone with any view on this would be appreciated. Fwiw think it must be faith (2.00pm) and card high (4.30pm) are good e/w bets.
T_Mar

View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: October 29, 2014, 06:28:29 AM »

lol, abs too good bud.

tx

Adz... I was at Cheltenham the year Creon won, we had seats below the Panoramic restaurant which has a little private bar for people with seats.. we stayed behind after racing that day and there were 3 guys, with literally a carrier bag full of cash (~90k apparently) sat on the table popping corks... They said they were from same home town as the trainer and had backed it on the tote at silly prices...... I wonder if that was you? Smiley 

I remember the race well for that reason alone, although unfortunately whatever I backed is prob still running now Smiley
T_Mar

View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: October 29, 2014, 06:35:18 AM »

lol, abs too good bud.

tx

cheers mate...ah Red Marauder, now that was a National to remember. Which trackers do you use?

You sure about the Arsenal answer? ;o)

4 finishers!!! I was there in the pissing rain, GF at the time backed the winner at 40's or something while I did my conkers.... Dont you just hate it when that happens Smiley

Lots of reminiscing going on this morning itt
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 06:38:30 AM by T_Mar » Logged
icles test

View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: October 29, 2014, 07:14:12 AM »

off down the road to a really mundane nottinham meeting but quite looking forward to the maiden. Done a fair bit of studying but the 1m6f race at 4.00 im really struggling with. Anyone with any view on this would be appreciated. Fwiw think it must be faith (2.00pm) and card high (4.30pm) are good e/w bets.

cheers

Have took meetings man and moshe, both e/w. Did a fair bit on the race and think the real standout factor is the unreasonable 9lb pull that 3yo's are getting. Think baldings is a worthy fav but not interested at the price.

Meetings man is a bit of a plodder but tough and genuine, think 12/1  e/w is decent as it won last time out (on the flat) off a lb lower

Moshe is an utter monkey should have won 3 of its last 4 runs (last run it was turned out too quickly) but think itll like the step up in distance, and its mark is very handy including the 9lb WFA
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: October 29, 2014, 01:41:53 PM »

lol, abs too good bud.

tx

Adz... I was at Cheltenham the year Creon won, we had seats below the Panoramic restaurant which has a little private bar for people with seats.. we stayed behind after racing that day and there were 3 guys, with literally a carrier bag full of cash (~90k apparently) sat on the table popping corks... They said they were from same home town as the trainer and had backed it on the tote at silly prices...... I wonder if that was you? Smiley 

I remember the race well for that reason alone, although unfortunately whatever I backed is prob still running now Smiley

Nearly but sadly 30k shy of that 'tween us. We had pockets stuffed, and spent more of the next couple of hours worrying we would get mugged, while we chuckled away with the rest of the group who spent the rest of the afternoon saying"I knew I should have followed you"etc. Probably the last time Timmy rode a winner for me.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: October 29, 2014, 02:30:17 PM »

Knows his onions, the boy Trigg

WP sir!

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: October 29, 2014, 05:00:47 PM »

Knows his onions, the boy Trigg

WP sir!

BOOOOOOM!!!!

icles test

View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: October 29, 2014, 05:01:08 PM »

e/w bets or both going to win

too good, wp and ty.
swinebag22

View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: October 29, 2014, 05:03:42 PM »

Nice work Trigg

Good run from Moshe too
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »