blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:32:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 303 304 [305] 306 307 308 309 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1022476 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4560 on: January 28, 2017, 12:37:41 PM »

Yeah, looking forward to some Cheltenham pointers.

Most looking forward to the Cotswold, and seeing Charli Parcs or DDS again.

Charlie Parcs made one hell of an impression LTO.

Strange betting market in that one with CP~evs and DDS 11/8+ - although DDS is clear jolly for the TH.

I wouldn't be surprised if only one of them runs today after reading page#8 in the RP.

What did the RP say, Ralph?

It said that CP was the definite runner of the two with DDS unlikely to run but CP would make way for DDS if the ground became heavy.

This was JP's racing manager who finished his statement with "nothing is set in stone though" Smiley

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: January 28, 2017, 12:38:40 PM »

Yeah, looking forward to some Cheltenham pointers.

Most looking forward to the Cotswold, and seeing Charli Parcs or DDS again.

Charlie Parcs made one hell of an impression LTO.

Strange betting market in that one with CP~evs and DDS 11/8+ - although DDS is clear jolly for the TH.

I wouldn't be surprised if only one of them runs today after reading page#8 in the RP.

What did the RP say, Ralph?

It said that CP was the definite runner of the two with DDS unlikely to run but CP would make way for DDS if the ground became heavy.

This was JP's racing manager who finished his statement with "nothing is set in stone though" Smiley

Just as I clicked to open CP isn't running.

Guess the ground gotten softer than they'd have liked.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: January 28, 2017, 01:28:59 PM »

« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 01:48:57 PM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: January 28, 2017, 04:28:48 PM »

RIP Many Clouds Sad

Christopher Brammer
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: January 28, 2017, 04:35:06 PM »

Kerrrchinggg

Blind squirrel strikes again Smiley

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: January 28, 2017, 04:50:36 PM »

Kerrrchinggg

Blind squirrel strikes again Smiley

thumbs up

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: January 28, 2017, 05:16:02 PM »

RIP Many Clouds Sad

Beautiful animal.

JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: January 28, 2017, 10:11:03 PM »

Love aspell shouting at him on run in, but head on view is brilliant, he just poured it on. Watched the race today a good few times, the way he takes the last summed the horse up, knew exactly what was being asked.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: January 28, 2017, 11:31:16 PM »

Amazing animal, and thought Sherwood gave a great interview later in the afternoon.

Can't imagine how tough it must be for the lads/girls that are with the horses everyday.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: January 28, 2017, 11:50:54 PM »

Amazing animal, and thought Sherwood gave a great interview later in the afternoon.

Can't imagine how tough it must be for the lads/girls that are with the horses everyday.

Undoubtedly toughest of all for the "lad" who's looked after him every day since he was a 4-y-o.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: January 29, 2017, 09:40:51 AM »

None of us are jockeys, but does the jockey not realise there is a problem with the horse when riding it? Heartbreaking really.

Also, the race. I backed TC & slightly disappointed with the ride by Scudamore. I'm pretty sure when TC came side by side with MC 2F out he should have just gone on instead of trying to make it look great.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: January 29, 2017, 11:45:19 AM »

None of us are jockeys, but does the jockey not realise there is a problem with the horse when riding it? Heartbreaking really.

Also, the race. I backed TC & slightly disappointed with the ride by Scudamore. I'm pretty sure when TC came side by side with MC 2F out he should have just gone on instead of trying to make it look great.

Jockeys get blamed for a lot of things but a horse having a heart attack is a new one on me.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: January 29, 2017, 03:09:12 PM »

He might blame himself, question whether if he hadnt done this or that, but he would be wrong, he had a willing partner, the horse gets back up after being passed how is he supposed to know the horse is not right? If MC gets shortheaded because he decides hes a heartattack risk he would have been blasted.

They got it wrong on TC, whether it was scu or orders, hes still a novice and should have been given more room and not followed horses like conti who jump alot shorter than him. Scu doesnt try to make it look pretty imo, hes concerned the effort TC has put in to get on terms and that hes jumped horrible and that if he goes after him he puts him on the deck. Hes trying to give him a breather, the mistakes that cost him the race were made way earlier.
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: January 29, 2017, 03:38:45 PM »

delighted to see my bff's Champagne Weston finally won a decent pot today with th Thyestees Chase over at Gowran.

Won in quite taking fashion as it relished the three mile trip and that little bit less pressure on his jumping at that stride slower pace.

Quite whether he is up to Gold Cup class, time will tell, but you can pretty much guarantee that Rogers bullish nature will ensure that is the target. Shocked

Roger just won the Irish "last man standing" Arkle aswell, doing well with the bromhead connection atm. Race was comedy.
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: January 29, 2017, 08:51:32 PM »

delighted to see my bff's Champagne Weston finally won a decent pot today with th Thyestees Chase over at Gowran.

Won in quite taking fashion as it relished the three mile trip and that little bit less pressure on his jumping at that stride slower pace.

Quite whether he is up to Gold Cup class, time will tell, but you can pretty much guarantee that Rogers bullish nature will ensure that is the target. Shocked

Roger just won the Irish "last man standing" Arkle aswell, doing well with the bromhead connection atm. Race was comedy.

De Bromhead added that Champagne West is firmly in the Gold Cup picture at Cheltenham, subject to ground conditions.

He said: "We are leaning towards the Gold Cup with Champagne West, but we would want a bit of ease in the ground for him. The handicapper has put him up 12lb to 166, so he is one of the top-rated staying chasers in Ireland now. I think he's entitled to go. He gallops and jumps, so why not?"
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 303 304 [305] 306 307 308 309 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: