blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:23:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 304 305 [306] 307 308 309 310 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1022393 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4575 on: January 29, 2017, 09:35:37 PM »

Don't worry, he will definitely be there, barring injury.

They smell blood and Roger lives for Cheltenham winners. He hasn't been well this last year, so won't miss this chance to have a legit GC runner.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: January 30, 2017, 03:10:56 PM »

Posted this on TfT, but prob better served here

'bends were dolled out by 16 yds which meant the Cotswold Chase was staged 248 yds further than the advertised dist of 3m 1½f'

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: January 30, 2017, 05:01:47 PM »

'bends were dolled out by 16 yds which meant the Cotswold Chase was staged 248 yds further than the advertised dist of 3m 1½f'

Not sure it made any difference. I suspect the best horse came second as Scu thought he was on Pegasus. Been a while since TC had a race, and will have done him some good.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: January 30, 2017, 06:03:34 PM »

Not sure it made any difference. I suspect the best horse came second as Scu thought he was on Pegasus. Been a while since TC had a race, and will have done him some good.

I agree, best horse got outstayed on sticky ground, over what was probably the GC distance.

Chucked a fiver on Rog's at 100s right after he won the other day, so hopefully he'll be the one upsides TC at the last Wink

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: January 30, 2017, 06:45:28 PM »

TC must be value at 15/8 surely?  He has been backed all day long today from 9/4.  He has effectively run over 3miles 4+ given the heavy ground and hasn't jumped well at the last 2 fences mainly because of the going and lost a head to a grand national winner who jumps and stays longer than the mother in law.  Given he was odds on last week i am not really sure how he is now nearly 2/1?   What exactly has he done wrong given that it is a huge price the GC is run on going like last week and he has effectively run further?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: January 30, 2017, 06:52:02 PM »

TC must be value at 15/8 surely?  He has been backed all day long today from 9/4.  He has effectively run over 3miles 4+ given the heavy ground and hasn't jumped well at the last 2 fences mainly because of the going and lost a head to a grand national winner who jumps and stays longer than the mother in law.  Given he was odds on last week i am not really sure how he is now nearly 2/1?   What exactly has he done wrong given that it is a huge price the GC is run on going like last week and he has effectively run further?

He also gave the deck a glasgow kiss at one earlier, too.

Can get 7/4 NRNB if that floats your boat.

As Adz says, it's the first time he's had to properly fight, and MC was probably the toughest horse around.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: January 30, 2017, 06:56:37 PM »

and TC was placed in the race around horses that jump significantly less exuberantly than him, eg Silvanaco C. with his lack of experience i think he's a better front runner for now, rather than looking around and snatching at a few?

add that to not quite staying because of the link above and it looks like a decent drift to back to my muggle eyes

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: January 30, 2017, 07:09:37 PM »

On good ground at the weekend even with bad jumping he wins going away.  On the flat he was different gear to MC.  The extended distance and going surely combined just got him?  If he won by a neck he would now be a 4/7 shot right?  He lost by the same yet is now 2/1 against a horse that won't be in the race in March.
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: January 30, 2017, 11:47:15 PM »

TC must be value at 15/8 surely?  He has been backed all day long today from 9/4.  He has effectively run over 3miles 4+ given the heavy ground and hasn't jumped well at the last 2 fences mainly because of the going and lost a head to a grand national winner who jumps and stays longer than the mother in law.  Given he was odds on last week i am not really sure how he is now nearly 2/1?   What exactly has he done wrong given that it is a huge price the GC is run on going like last week and he has effectively run further?

Because MC was beaten 25l when he ran in GC and he basically just run the GC and jumped terrible and got outstayed by a horse that would have been playing for places best case. That run was 15l down on what has been done in the last 2 GC. Theres zero risk in betting TC at 2/1 anyway surely? Hes a name and all the festival only punters will be backing him off the boards on the day. Performance was a gift for punters.

TC lost because of the ground he had to make up at the top turn imo, it gutted him on the surface, hopefully because of the ground and caused by a culmination of his bad jumping putting him there and scudamore panicking that he had gone flat. On good ground and more over a GC on good ground he would have had to make up more ground, against a coneygree or don cossack or even a djakadam on form, he wouldnt catch them like he did MC. The bet assumes he wont jump that shit, based on him getting some schooling, space, on being on ground that more suits his style.

Think you are spot on about the price being massively different if he had won though.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 12:14:41 AM by JohnCharver » Logged
Tonibell

View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: January 31, 2017, 10:05:25 AM »

Happier to back Thistlecrack at 7/4 nrnb than I was at 9/4. The great danger was that the Cotswold had bottomed him, that he'd left his Gold Cup there. The money coming suggests he's come out of the race fine, eaten up &c.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: January 31, 2017, 10:25:21 AM »

Not sure you see the mark that race may have left until he's pushed as hard in March.

Can't go wrong with 7-4 NRNB though. No way he starts bigger.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Tonibell

View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: January 31, 2017, 11:47:14 AM »

Can't know if the race really has done him in but I certainly wouIdn't want to back him without the money coming first.

If it's the usual Good to Soft (Good in Places) going description, (Goodish ground), what does he start, 6/4 tops with the morning offers, Denise betting it to 98%? The second and third in are old-fashioned boats of the type that used to win pace collapse GCs before the drainage.

Does Tikay have a Paddy or Fred shop on his perambulations?

« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 11:50:50 AM by Tonibell » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: January 31, 2017, 11:54:13 AM »

Can't know if the race really has done him in but I certainly wouIdn't want to back him without the money coming first.

If it's the usual Good to Soft (Good in Places) going description, (Goodish ground), what does he start, 6/4 tops with the morning offers, Denise betting it to 98%? The second and third in are old-fashioned boats of the type that used to win pace collapse GCs before the drainage.

Does Tikay have a Paddy or Fred shop on his perambulations?

No, not on my usual walk.

Tomorrow may be different, though, as I am going up to Manchester & have 4 different places to attend in & around the City Centre, so might see some then.  

PS - We have an active Bet Fred account though.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4588 on: January 31, 2017, 07:18:59 PM »

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/plans-to-bring-horseracing-to-londons-streets/2238185/top/#newsArchiveTabs=last7DaysNews

Bit of street racing?!

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: February 06, 2017, 05:14:30 PM »

Faugheen and Min miss the festival through injury

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 304 305 [306] 307 308 309 310 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »