blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:30:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 338 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1022192 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #4995 on: September 15, 2017, 08:24:39 PM »

Keep posting in the Arsenal thread, and all is forgiven Wink

Nah. Will immerse myself in horsey study and leave Ralph to keep up the pretence over the winter.

I been right for nearly ten years about AW, and even I am starting to feel bored of fighting the good fight. Evil is entrenched in the host body, and my good work in trying to exorcise the demon has failed. Wink

Thank heavens for small mercies.

Do you not like Crystal Ocean's chances tomorrow given the ground?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4996 on: September 15, 2017, 10:59:47 PM »

He was impressive LTO, but I like both of Gosdens to be honest.

Stradi has done it against the older boys, but I think Coronet getting a little weight(seems to have been the key this week) will get a slightly bigger bet, if I do dabble.

Looks a nice St Ledger and worthy of its status.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4997 on: September 16, 2017, 03:28:53 PM »

He was impressive LTO, but I like both of Gosdens to be honest.

Stradi has done it against the older boys, but I think Coronet getting a little weight(seems to have been the key this week) will get a slightly bigger bet, if I do dabble.

Looks a nice St Ledger and worthy of its status.

Stradivarius could be favourite here?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4998 on: September 18, 2017, 12:08:56 PM »

Geoff Wragg passed away yesterday.

Doubt anyone here except Karabiner & Adzy are old enough to remember him, but he was a complete Gent, just like his Dad, Harry Wragg, aka "The Head Waiter", named after his exaggerated waiting tactics as a jockey, later employed so successfully by Lester Piggott.

In fact, in his very first year as a Trainer, having taken over from his Dad, he trained Teenoso to win the Epsom Derby, which also happened to be Piggott's ninth & final Epsom Derby winner. 

When Geoff retired from training, IN 2008, he sold his stables to the Al Maktoum family.

RIP Geoff.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #4999 on: September 18, 2017, 03:12:45 PM »

Didnt Darryl Holland ride quite a bit for Wragg? 

Name rings a bell to me used to be decent with his juveniles, I think.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #5000 on: September 18, 2017, 03:40:09 PM »

Geoff Wragg passed away yesterday.

Doubt anyone here except Karabiner & Adzy are old enough to remember him, but he was a complete Gent, just like his Dad, Harry Wragg, aka "The Head Waiter", named after his exaggerated waiting tactics as a jockey, later employed so successfully by Lester Piggott.

In fact, in his very first year as a Trainer, having taken over from his Dad, he trained Teenoso to win the Epsom Derby, which also happened to be Piggott's ninth & final Epsom Derby winner. 

When Geoff retired from training, IN 2008, he sold his stables to the Al Maktoum family.

RIP Geoff.

Was v sad to read about this.

Was one of my real go to trainers, especially at Royal Ascot.

Remember a couple of my earliest big punts being on Most Welcome, and one of my best on Rebecca Sharp when she beat Cecil hot pot Sleepytime in the Coronation at around 33s.

RIP GW

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5001 on: September 18, 2017, 07:49:10 PM »

On a lighter note, this made me chuckle.

Click to see full-size image.

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #5002 on: September 22, 2017, 02:53:18 PM »

Newbury 4:00
Quite fancy the chances of Golden Stunner, 8/1 generally avail, esp with 4 places offered at Shy.
Second Thought is, I think, a little too short-priced for its form on Firm and the AW of Lingfield. Albeit good form in fast times. The selection can be forgiven its LTO run, when caught wide. It's a C&D winner (07/16), and has run creditably both in a Grp 3 in Fairyhouse and beaten only a head at York in a Cl1 Listed race. Given an 8 week break, but runs well fresh for Ralph Beckett.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #5003 on: September 23, 2017, 02:55:20 PM »

I didn't play in the race but thought Harley had a shocker on Invincible Army.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #5004 on: September 24, 2017, 12:28:16 PM »

I have had a very modest bet on Mcmunigal 2.00 Naas today at 10-1 with benefit of BOG. Have been following Epaulette's offspring in their first run in handicaps with some success albeit from a very small sample.
7f soft ground and galloping track appear to suit sire's offspring.

Here's what they have to say at https://gerlyons.ie/blog/sunday-racing-at-naas

"We start with a 2yr old maiden over 7f for horses that haven't had a run yet. McMUNIGAL is the only one I have here by Epaulette and he's a gelded son of the sire that was purchased at a Breeze-up sale earlier on in the year. I think he's ok but will want 8f/10f next year and is ready for a day out today. We are a bit concerned about the soft conditions but until I run him I'll have no idea how will handle them. Whether I will give him another start this year or put him away until next year will be decided after this run but we are trying to win with as many as possible this year in order to help Colin chase down/hold off Pat."

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #5005 on: September 24, 2017, 02:04:51 PM »

Great shout, thanks

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Micko

View Profile
« Reply #5006 on: September 24, 2017, 02:05:23 PM »

Brilliant Simon! Cheers
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #5007 on: September 24, 2017, 02:11:05 PM »

Boom! - should have had less modest bet LOL,  the blog I linked to is worth a look for rest of card today imo

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5008 on: September 24, 2017, 02:18:46 PM »

Brother turned up with his mrs and kids, just as I was reading that... I'll send him a bill for lost winnings Cheesy

Great shout, Simon!

simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #5009 on: September 25, 2017, 03:07:23 AM »

A 3 yr old whose record reads 16 runs, 0 wins, 5 2nd, 1 3rd doesn't look the most promising profile, but had a look due to trainer's good record at this track - 31% strike rate 1.66 a/e. Trainer is also in good form 7 from 29 1.62 a/e last 28 days.

If we forgive a poor run lto, the previous neck 2nd on 5th Aug to Whatsthemessage who went on to win next 3 times and is now rated 91 looks impressive. The 3rd, 4th and 5th from that race have gone on to win since.

I've backed Mama Africa at 10-1 5.15 Leicester today.

Pages: 1 ... 330 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 338 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: