blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:01:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1016369 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: December 28, 2013, 09:47:04 PM »

Any views on Leopard 3:35 value at risk 11/8 with b365 10/11 with paddy?

You can do that all day every day Omm. I could give you 20 plus similar price discrepancies every day given the right time of day.

When it comes to NH Flat races once you start getting penalties, and each horse potentially improving masses between races, you're on your own mate.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: December 29, 2013, 07:43:28 AM »

Any views on Leopard 3:35 value at risk 11/8 with b365 10/11 with paddy?

You can do that all day every day Omm. I could give you 20 plus similar price discrepancies every day given the right time of day.

When it comes to NH Flat races once you start getting penalties, and each horse potentially improving masses between races, you're on your own mate.

That's all I need to know, thanks Adz.
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: December 29, 2013, 10:53:44 AM »

I've had my biggest bets of the NH season so far today - and backed Our Conner at 11/4 and again for the Champion Hurdle.  There's not much justification for this from a Grade One form perspective, other than the noise coming from those very close to Hughes stable is incredibly bullish - and a number of very shrewd judges have gone in and will be going in to have similar bets today.

Don't expect or want anyone to follow - just thought I'd share for sweats.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: December 29, 2013, 11:00:20 AM »

I've had my biggest bets of the NH season so far today - and backed Our Conner at 11/4 and again for the Champion Hurdle.  There's not much justification for this from a Grade One form perspective, other than the noise coming from those very close to Hughes stable is incredibly bullish - and a number of very shrewd judges have gone in and will be going in to have similar bets today.

Bobby1 will back that too - his lad is named Connor, & Phil is from Yorkshire, so he is always on about "Our Connor".

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 29, 2013, 11:22:55 AM »

Different stages of the season admittedly, but at the prices I saw last night Our Connor had to be backed when you consider he is shorter than The Fly for the CH.

If his bubble bursts today so be it, but with the comments of our friendly jester added to the above, it's a get stuck in job for me too! GL

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: December 29, 2013, 11:36:35 AM »

I guess it's just me that feels that Our Conor still has plenty to prove.

I strongly fancy Hurricane Fly to firmly put the young upstart in his place today.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: December 29, 2013, 11:45:21 AM »

I strongly fancy Hurricane Fly to firmly put the young upstart in his place today.

You may well be right Ralph, and an inherent ability to get HF wrong all the time probably helps me come to this conclusion. At some point HF will have the Long Run, Kauto Star factor and go to the well once too often. 10 in two days time and been racing at the top table for 7 years now. We shall see. Almost trying to convince myself now!!

Great race either way!!

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: December 29, 2013, 11:59:32 AM »

You may well be right Ralph, and an inherent ability to get HF wrong all the time probably helps me come to this conclusion. At some point HF will have the Long Run, Kauto Star factor and go to the well once too often. 10 in two days time and been racing at the top table for 7 years now. We shall see. Almost trying to convince myself now!!

Great race either way!!

Absolutely fascinating contest.

I won't actually be playing today but have a vested interest in my CH portfolio.

Billy's are offering 11/1 for OC to win both today and the CH.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 29, 2013, 12:22:25 PM »

I think your right Ralph he has got a lot to prove - that's why I posted it as an opinion rather than a recommendation -could easily end up with egg on face and love the Fly as so many do.

Will be great to watch - just vibes we've had are really good and let's January say pretty close to stable; however impossible to tip something up with and say amazing value in a Grade One against one of the top five hurdles ever.

Will be a great spectacle hopwfully
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: December 29, 2013, 12:40:31 PM »

I couldn't resist having a couple of quid on Sizing Rio in the novices' 'chase at 3.05pm.

I said after it's last run that I felt it needed some cut in the ground and a longer trip and it has both of those today, however it is getting it's first run over 3M in a grade 1 contest.

I am encouraged by the fact that de Bromhead is not afraid to pitch him in at this level and also by the fancy prices available.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: December 29, 2013, 01:09:44 PM »

I know he's exuberant as a rule but he looked fizzy at Naas a couple of months ago and didn't see it out. I wouldn't back him today until I've seen him to post.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: December 29, 2013, 02:08:25 PM »

I also like Our Connor today.  I think he will strip fitter for has last outing on the flat and I don't necessarily agree with the comments of that last race.  I had to rewatch it because at the time I thought he was given a rather easy race and having watched the race again today when seeing the suggestion on here I still think the same. 

Good luck to all the backers. 
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: December 29, 2013, 02:16:43 PM »

And still champion...

claypole

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: December 29, 2013, 02:17:27 PM »

Proverbial egg on face - no excuses, what an animal that thing is - just incredible
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: December 29, 2013, 02:18:18 PM »

Made that look very easy
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: