blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:18:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1016127 times)
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: July 30, 2014, 02:39:44 PM »

Amazing that Teak won that race, because SdS was battering him with a fair way to go!

SDS has an awful goodwood record

or at least did Smiley
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: July 30, 2014, 03:50:31 PM »

Cant believe the only commentator in the world that cant pronounce Koh Samui correctly has got the third race in a row he has run in.

Really annoying every time he says it!!!!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: July 30, 2014, 03:55:43 PM »

Cant believe the only commentator in the world that cant pronounce Koh Samui correctly has got the third race in a row he has run in.

Think this should me in the moaners thread.
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: July 30, 2014, 10:52:04 PM »

My interest was piqued by Moonraker after he won on his only run to date and the the 2nd & 3rd went on to win next time out. The second Mubtaghaa then went on to finish 3rd in the Windsor Castle.
He is entered for the Keeneland Phoenix Stakes at the Curragh 10/08/2014 and the Nunthorpe. My question is: What chance does he have of getting a run in either of these as there are 50+ entries for both at present?
Only Coral have prices for the Nunthorpe at present and are offering 40-1.

http://www.racingpost.com/horses/owner_home.sd?owner_id=201205#topOwnerTabs=owner_entries&bottomOwnerTabs=owner_form
I have the feeling (probably misguided) that he maybe something special and is currently 12/1 for the 2.35 Goodwood tomorrow in a race that should be ok for ew so long as 8 go. I've had a small bet this evening and will be tempted to go in again tomorrow if the 12`s and number of runners hold up.

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: July 30, 2014, 11:34:02 PM »

Needless to say the only other bet I had today, which I mentioned to Tighty earlier, was Lulu the Zulu.

Hey, Guess where he finished.

More TK Max tomorrow folks....

Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: July 31, 2014, 12:53:02 AM »

Goodwood.

Lets see if I am learning from the BE stuff.    I picked my selections earlier, I hoped I was thinking through the races like Neil.  If not then I'm still not getting it and I'm probably going to swerve picking my own stuff at all on horses on future as barring some miracles it just seems like a slow way of losing money steadily to me. 

Race 1 - Lion Beacon, Lieutanent Miller (2nd last year) and Ray Ward (would be my 3 against the fav) I took Adz comments on  oard about the fav. (All e/w)

Race 2 - Cloudscape and Observational small win bets.

Race 3 - Only fool would be against Kingman - stepfoward me.  Outstrip very small win only.

Race 4 - Probably going to wait to nearer race time and make sure we have the 8 and back Tupi quite biggish e/w.

Race 5 -  Innaguration, Royal Razalma and Touchline (all e/w)

Race 6 - Looks difficult if forced into a bet I'd be betting Patterned small e/w. 

Race 7 - George Rooke, Liberty Jack and an absolute flyer on Valais Girl. (again all e/w bigger on the first 2 and the last one would be smallish) 

I think were I need help is staking properly. Out of  the selections my nap would probably be Lieutanent Miller and NB Tupi. 

Thoughts on these?  To see if I am understanding things should I be given my reasoning behind each selection or for purpose of this fred is it ok just to stick selections up? 

Only bet the two Neil put up in Race 1 small loss there.  Race 2 I backed both Neils selections small loss, I had picked one out.  Race 3 I actually backed Kingsman in the end up, silly really but they all count.  Race 4 big win for me as I had a chunk on my selection and Neil stuck up the 3rd at 40/1 so I also had that.   Race 5 I backed the winner one of my picks also took Neils in this which was 2nd I bet it e/w. Race 6, read between the lines on BE and got matched on the winner at 40/1 on betfair.   Race 7 was just bleurgh.   All in all for me was a very good day, think winning day for BE as well.  But thanks to backing Tupi, Royal Razalma off my own back I made back what I lost yesterday.  All in all a good day.  I through a few darts at some other races at Leicester and Galway with mixed success, think though I need to sort out staking and just be more selective. 

Roll on day 3 tomorrow, it looks really tough to me. 
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: July 31, 2014, 09:08:44 AM »

If it looks tough to you, God help the rest of us...   Congrats on results yesterday.

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: July 31, 2014, 09:23:00 AM »

My interest was piqued by Moonraker after he won on his only run to date and the the 2nd & 3rd went on to win next time out. The second Mubtaghaa then went on to finish 3rd in the Windsor Castle.
He is entered for the Keeneland Phoenix Stakes at the Curragh 10/08/2014 and the Nunthorpe. My question is: What chance does he have of getting a run in either of these as there are 50+ entries for both at present?

http://www.racingpost.com/horses/owner_home.sd?owner_id=201205#topOwnerTabs=owner_entries&bottomOwnerTabs=owner_form
I have the feeling (probably misguided) that he maybe something special and is currently 12/1 for the 2.35 Goodwood tomorrow in a race that should be ok for ew so long as 8 go. I've had a small bet this evening and will be tempted to go in again tomorrow if the 12`s and number of runners hold up.

Normally, I am happy to put a line through Channon horses unless they have proved exceptional. I mentioned the other day, there are certain trainers, I let their horses run for the amount of winners they produce.

I can't back the fav, despite how impressed I was in his last win. Price too short.

I recall watching the race during a deluge and the fav only went away in the final few strides, so am happy to play Jungle Cat ew to take revenge on quicker ground, but your enthusiasm is infectious for Moonraker, so I will chuck a second ew bet on yours too. GL Simon.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: July 31, 2014, 09:27:44 AM »

I was rather tempted by that, so had a small interest, thank you. 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 09:29:47 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: July 31, 2014, 10:04:55 AM »

What about the unbelievably lazy Dessie Scahill's pronunciation of 'Brooch'? Pretty sure it's not pronounced the same as Gooch.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: July 31, 2014, 01:08:41 PM »

Madeed, Nymphea, Secret Hint and Jodies Jem Lucky 15 for me today
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: July 31, 2014, 03:23:06 PM »

This is aftertiming of a sort, but not because I never got the e/w money on Louie.  I left it up on betfair this morning planning to back it but had to go out wallpaper shopping this morning and was late getting back.   I have been trying to go through the races and put what Neil has been writing to good use.  What price would I have got on the outcome of this post I made  elsewhere?

Race 2 - Alhan Emarati is likely to be a non runner so we are down to 8 and with a short price fav can see him sticking up more big outsiders. Fav should win but Louie De Palma and Jungle Cat could be the ones to finish in the place money. Louie especially at around 25/1.

I manaaged to get matched on Junglecat to place.  I had smallish win on Louie but my bigger placebet never got matched. 
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: July 31, 2014, 10:15:20 PM »

Gonna have a little dabble on Fort Bastion ew 20-1 in the 3.40

Ran a decent race behind Heavy Metal last time and has a few pound pull for a few lengths etc. James Sullivan back on board, and looked like being back over a mile should help based on the way he finished last week, also going across the track and losing a fair amount of ground.

Previously won over a mile off 106, so plenty in hand. Decent draw tomorrow and acts on most ground.

Had a saver earlier on old friend Red Avenger, but the 20s long gone now sadly. GL

ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: July 31, 2014, 10:42:46 PM »

Gonna have a little dabble on Fort Bastion ew 20-1 in the 3.40

Ran a decent race behind Heavy Metal last time and has a few pound pull for a few lengths etc. James Sullivan back on board, and looked like being back over a mile should help based on the way he finished last week, also going across the track and losing a fair amount of ground.

Previously won over a mile off 106, so plenty in hand. Decent draw tomorrow and acts on most ground.

Had a saver earlier on old friend Red Avenger, but the 20s long gone now sadly. GL

Cheers Adz...(.3.05  not 3.40 )
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: August 01, 2014, 12:23:11 AM »

I had another pretty decent day today.  I find myself in between a rock and a hard place as I have bought the BE package but I also like to back my own stuff.  and  do a right up of my selections before for talking over with mates.  So as not to make it all sound like aftertiming I'll stick my bets for tomorrow up, these are my first picks I will then have a look at the betting in the morning and read through Neil's choices before making final selections. 

Race 1 - Quest for Peace - small win. Looked better at 7/1 but has gone.

Race 2 - Want to be yours/Rapprochment both e/w (preference for first named)

Race 3 - Bronze Angel/Our Channel (both e/w preference for the first named price seems to have gone now on second named.

Race 4 - Take Cover/Demora/Hay Chewed (all e/w in preference as named)

Race 5 - Markaz e/w

Race 6 - Muteela (NAP) If pushed for an e/w Manderlay

Race 7 - Festival Thearter/Cape Caster both win only.

Certainly welcome any comments on my selections. 
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: