blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:14:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1016139 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: August 10, 2014, 04:55:54 PM »

Cheesy

Unlucky mate...

After not backing all 3 horses that popped up in my nagme yesterday, I've backed the 2 that have popped up today

Basil Berry in the next at Leicester, which has gone close the last few times, and will handle the ground.

Arrowzone in the 1630 at Leicester, which will like the ground too.

Not great prices, but a double would be nice...

Light under a bushel mate.

Step aside old guard, new kids in town!!!

BOOOOOOOM. Good work young Padawan!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: August 10, 2014, 04:57:13 PM »

Fully expected Run Fat Lass Run to chin you there for irony banter ha ha

Great picks marky - Ty I was in double with my nap in race before at Windsor so owe you a beer
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 05:09:46 PM by claypole » Logged
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: August 10, 2014, 05:34:21 PM »

superb stuff Marky
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: August 10, 2014, 05:43:18 PM »

Cheers lads, nice to soften the pain of yesterdays nagme debacle...

LOL @ Shaun, that would have been irony at it's best!!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: August 10, 2014, 05:50:01 PM »

Are you boys ALL getting the lot?

Incred stuff, well done all.

Them poor bookies, I feel bad for them. When Marky is winning, things are really bad.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: August 10, 2014, 06:40:22 PM »

Dont get many better articles than this

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2014/aug/10/fergal-lynch-british-horseracing-authority-rides-ayr?commentpage=1

And i agree with every word
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: August 10, 2014, 07:00:42 PM »

It may well be a spot on article but if we had to rid the game of everyone that was cheating or taking the punters for mugs there would be very few left. 
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: August 10, 2014, 07:03:08 PM »

It may well be a spot on article but if we had to rid the game of everyone that was cheating or taking the punters for mugs there would be very few left. 

There are elements of cheating everyday (handicapping, running on ground trainer is aware horse will hate, running horses 85% fit e.t.c)

Then there is Lynch who admitted on record he stopped the horse after lying on oath at the original trial saying he had no idea about Miles Rodgers.

Welcome back Burgle
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: August 10, 2014, 07:04:28 PM »

Would you consider what he did to be worse than someone who overused the whip?

No one who bets big on horse racing should think every horse is running at its peak fitness, ridden by a jockey trying his or her best and is flat out for the win. Same for greyhounds. The exception is the main runners in the biggest races, where we can choose our bet and cheer it home.

Simply put, as I was taught when I was first introduced to racing, it's all in the price.

Then we watch someone beating a horse that can't win within an inch of its life into fifth and the jockey gets a few days off to have a think about his behaviour. He's then welcomed back to work.

Just playing diablo avocado.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: August 10, 2014, 07:08:31 PM »

No one who bets big on horse racing should think every horse is running at its peak fitness, ridden by a jockey trying his or her best and is flat out for the win. Same for greyhounds. The exception is the main runners in the biggest races, where we can choose our bet and cheer it home.

Simply put, as I was taught when I was first introduced to racing, it's all in the price.

Then we watch someone beating a horse that can't win within an inch of its life into fifth and the jockey gets a few days off to have a think about his behaviour. He's then welcomed back to work.

Examples of horses "beaten to within an inch of its life into fifth" in day to day racing in the last say five years? I cant think of many/any.

Of course it is worse, drifters do win (only have to look at some of Simons picks last week many have drifted in price and won) and they have drifted late due to ground seemingly being wrong/trainer form supposed draw biases e.t.c

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: August 10, 2014, 07:12:27 PM »

diablo avocado

Excellent.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: August 10, 2014, 07:14:09 PM »

You're just playing a dodgy fruit.........hmmm, makes sense. Cheesy

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: August 10, 2014, 07:15:22 PM »

diablo avocado

Excellent.

I had no idea what that meant

so ignored it Smiley
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: August 10, 2014, 07:24:55 PM »

diablo avocado

Excellent.

I had no idea what that meant

so ignored it Smiley

Nor me John. I even googled it, & it came up as some sort of posh dinner.

I just pretend to understand, & say "wp" or whatever. It's best, trust me.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: August 10, 2014, 08:36:47 PM »

Examples of horses "beaten to within an inch of its life into fifth" in day to day racing in the last say five years? I cant think of many/any.

Of course it is worse, drifters do win (only have to look at some of Simons picks last week many have drifted in price and won) and they have drifted late due to ground seemingly being wrong/trainer form supposed draw biases e.t.c

I suppose I'm making two points, really:

Firstly, to vilify one jockey for something that is far from unheard of in the sport (even though this was certainly an extreme example) is a bit hypocritical. Not you personally, but the sport as a whole.

Secondly, pretty much every tip posted ITT is made with the awareness that the horse might have been on a lower intensity training programme that week, that it could have been overfed this morning, that the jockey might have been given a nudge by the owner because they want 3lb off for the big race in a month's time or whatever. So, is there an argument that the people who were betting for the horse to win took that risk? Compare that to the overuse of the whip cases, where there is a clear victim on the screen in front of you.

It's good that sport as a whole is making better noises about making it an honest fight. Boxing, Athletics, Cycling, Snooker, Rugby, Football, Baseball and even online poker have had their moments in recent years. The hysteria from within is just something I find difficult to stomach.

Just playing devil's advocate, really.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: