blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:15:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 228 229 [230] 231 232 233 234 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1020546 times)
Actonbeech3

View Profile
« Reply #3435 on: April 22, 2015, 08:24:26 PM »

Highland reel for me, heard nothing but good reports from its winter keep, and high hopes for this one this year.
Actonbeech3

View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: April 29, 2015, 12:15:49 PM »

Hopefully it made up for a few rubbish ones of late!

Id actually make a note of the horses that finished behind, the Wood Ditton has always been a race in the past that carries its form well when won by a promising 3 year old. I will personally make a note in my tracker of the first 5 home, and 2nd-5th will be well worth backing in maidens next time out unless they are too short or up against a big stable hot pot.

Further to the reply above I note that the horses that finished 3rd and 6th in the Wood Ditton, are both running today and the layers have taken no chances on that form being anything but very hot! Fallen for a Star at 4/6 in the Ponte 235pm and Exosphere, at 8/13 in the Lingfield 515pm. Approx 7/4 the double, but based on the form and my usual betting patterns when I like a race and the form it offers from juveniles, its a 10 point double for me on both. Maybe with possible soft ground some of you might want to take both on and lay at odds on, but looking at what little either is up against, its a win double at close to 7/4 for me for larger stakes than normal.

Good Luck
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: April 29, 2015, 03:15:47 PM »

Hopefully it made up for a few rubbish ones of late!

Id actually make a note of the horses that finished behind, the Wood Ditton has always been a race in the past that carries its form well when won by a promising 3 year old. I will personally make a note in my tracker of the first 5 home, and 2nd-5th will be well worth backing in maidens next time out unless they are too short or up against a big stable hot pot.

Further to the reply above I note that the horses that finished 3rd and 6th in the Wood Ditton, are both running today and the layers have taken no chances on that form being anything but very hot! Fallen for a Star at 4/6 in the Ponte 235pm and Exosphere, at 8/13 in the Lingfield 515pm. Approx 7/4 the double, but based on the form and my usual betting patterns when I like a race and the form it offers from juveniles, its a 10 point double for me on both. Maybe with possible soft ground some of you might want to take both on and lay at odds on, but looking at what little either is up against, its a win double at close to 7/4 for me for larger stakes than normal.

Good Luck

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Actonbeech3

View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: April 29, 2015, 03:33:54 PM »

Apologies all.

Beaten by a 25/1 newcomer, typical. I usually note these as stated in the quote if too short as a hotpot, avoid, but alas not today.

Fireship, in the 1635 at Ascot today is one I been following. Around the 20/1 mark I will be trying to recoup some losses, does love a little cut in the ground, and its been raining at Ascot on and off all day. 2pts each way.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: April 29, 2015, 03:56:53 PM »

Apologies all.

Beaten by a 25/1 newcomer, typical. I usually note these as stated in the quote if too short as a hotpot, avoid, but alas not today.

Fireship, in the 1635 at Ascot today is one I been following. Around the 20/1 mark I will be trying to recoup some losses, does love a little cut in the ground, and its been raining at Ascot on and off all day. 2pts each way.

Don't think you can be blamed here, looked like he was happy to be blocked in!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: May 02, 2015, 01:15:08 AM »

Throwing a few bullets at the 2000 Guineas as 4 places is available. 

Estidhkaar is Timeform top rated has run very well this season (both well clear of 3rd), is timeform top rated 15/2 4 places
Ride Like The Wind is French, which is always a positive as they tend to be neglected and won the Djebel.  The downside is that his last season's form is nothing like you'd expect to see in a Guineas winner.  Got 33/1 4 places
Kool Kompany.  It seems like I was the only one impressed with the Craven.  Always liked the horse. Went a bit off at the end of last season.  Again, not the usual 2 year old season for a classic winner.  Camel wasn't very complimentary.  I think it may lead with Ivawood and Estidkhaar drawn so close and all trained by Hannon.  Will see if they can get past him this time.  I have a 33/1 ticket with 3 places.

Not sure any of them are worthy of thread, as you tend to lose some in the price or lose a place. 

Anybody got any more?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: May 02, 2015, 01:27:06 AM »

Throwing a few bullets at the 2000 Guineas as 4 places is available. 

Estidhkaar is Timeform top rated has run very well this season (both well clear of 3rd), is timeform top rated 15/2 4 places
Ride Like The Wind is French, which is always a positive as they tend to be neglected and won the Djebel.  The downside is that his last season's form is nothing like you'd expect to see in a Guineas winner.  Got 33/1 4 places
Kool Kompany.  It seems like I was the only one impressed with the Craven.  Always liked the horse. Went a bit off at the end of last season.  Again, not the usual 2 year old season for a classic winner.  Camel wasn't very complimentary.  I think it may lead with Ivawood and Estidkhaar drawn so close and all trained by Hannon.  Will see if they can get past him this time.  I have a 33/1 ticket with 3 places.

Not sure any of them are worthy of thread, as you tend to lose some in the price or lose a place. 

Anybody got any more?

I´ve backed backing Estidkhaar (small) but it doesn´t excite me as a good betting heat. If they stand the 4 places and bet to a sensible overround something might come up.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: May 02, 2015, 01:31:33 AM »

On Estidkhaar as well, after Adz gave us the nod a couple weeks back.

Good luck us!

Aspen

View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: May 02, 2015, 01:42:24 AM »

Ivawood won't be out of the places. Hannon yard has never been more excited about a horse.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: May 02, 2015, 01:42:53 AM »

Good luck us!

I was offering 100/1 Many Clouds to friends on the morning of the National (on account of the ground), no one took it :-). I was still really angry about looking so silly, lol. I´m against Blonde´s no.1 horse man again on Sunday. I´m all over Lucida in the 1000 Guineas. I think she´s a still bet at 5´s. I know we landed a few NFL coup´s a few years back. Time to desert Adzy and get with Lucida :-)

Long explanation on Lucida available if anyone would like.

For the avoidance of doubt, I´m a big Adzy fan, really great tips and insight. Not so sure on his politics ;-)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: May 02, 2015, 02:00:21 AM »

Good luck us!

I was offering 100/1 Many Clouds to friends on the morning of the National (on account of the ground), no one took it :-). I was still really angry about looking so silly, lol. I´m against Blonde´s no.1 horse man again on Sunday. I´m all over Lucida in the 1000 Guineas. I think she´s a still bet at 5´s. I know we landed a few NFL coup´s a few years back. Time to desert Adzy and get with Lucida :-)

For the avoidance of doubt, I´m a big Adzy fan, really great tips and insight. Not so sure on his politics ;-)

Haha, lucky you!

Not a jollies man, but always like reading insight, so whack it up Smiley

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: May 02, 2015, 02:14:28 AM »

OK, I´m busy now, until (roughly) this time tomorrow, case for Lucida to follow Sunday am. Have a great Saturday chaps!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: May 02, 2015, 02:20:14 AM »

OK, I´m busy now, until (roughly) this time tomorrow, case for Lucida to follow Sunday am. Have a great Saturday chaps!

Good man.

Best of luck tomorrow!

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: May 02, 2015, 03:05:24 AM »

Good luck us!

I am really quite Labouresque in my tipping.

I Chuck the minions the odd piece of info that would suggest I am sharing the wealth, but in reality secretly stashing away far more myself on the QT.

All the juicy prices have gone now but hoping we see a new superstar in American Pharoah in the Kentucky Derby tomorrow. Wink

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: May 02, 2015, 11:14:56 AM »

B365 and fred are 4/1 Gleneagles right now in the 2000.  No idea why but clear arb on betfair

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 228 229 [230] 231 232 233 234 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: