blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:09:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 395 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1016125 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5850 on: June 18, 2020, 10:02:22 AM »

Maybe everyone knows this already, but went searching for the going today at Ascot and discovered Asoct's offical website has put up a ton of info.

https://www.ascot.co.uk/thegoing

The going was good to soft a couple of hours ago and you can see from the going stick that it is going to be pretty soft in patches on he round course.  I think it is still raining, though can't be sure.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #5851 on: June 18, 2020, 12:01:08 PM »

Going at Ascot officially changed to Soft. No surprise, really, it’s been a steady rain for the last 12 hours. I’ll be looking for some big-priced value bets especially in the later races when the ground may have cut up quite a bit.

I had Finest Sound (4.10) in my tracker, and African Dream (4.40) looked like a very good thing, and even though the price is drifting on the latter, I think they’re both far too short (5-2 & 2-1) to be backed in these conditions & fields.

The only bet I’ve decided on is Cross Counter (6-1, 1/4 2pl w/o Stradivarius) in the Gold Cup
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #5852 on: June 18, 2020, 12:41:44 PM »

Going at Ascot officially changed to Soft. No surprise, really, it’s been a steady rain for the last 12 hours. I’ll be looking for some big-priced value bets especially in the later races when the ground may have cut up quite a bit.

I had Finest Sound (4.10) in my tracker, and African Dream (4.40) looked like a very good thing, and even though the price is drifting on the latter, I think they’re both far too short (5-2 & 2-1) to be backed in these conditions & fields.

The only bet I’ve decided on is Cross Counter (6-1, 1/4 2pl w/o Stradivarius) in the Gold Cup

Seems to me they really think African Dream is a good thing, the ground has to be a concern (Oasis Dream/Acclamation). Stradivarius is interesting on this supposedly unsuitable ground, every chance he goes off at a backable price and I think his form still stacks up well enough on this type of surface.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5853 on: June 18, 2020, 12:42:58 PM »

Quite like Gallaside in the first.  Has form on soft.  50/1 fifth first 4 or 40/1 fifth first 5 must be good for those that can.  I have managed less than £15 e/w over my accounts.   It has a strange comment about it not getting home over 10f last season which might put people off. Giveb it was only 2, and very few 2 year olds try 10 furlongs, I think we can ignore it.  

edit.  I just checked betfair and got 70/1 and 10/1 first 4 for those resricted, though it is good for those unrestricted too!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 12:49:41 PM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #5854 on: July 02, 2020, 10:59:30 AM »

What do we think of the Derby draw? Favourite in 1 and at least murmurings that it’s not ideal but hard (for me) to see why it’s a bad thing. Thoughts Chompy/Doobs? It looks to me like one of the years where the ‘Listen’ battalions will make it a really strong pace.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #5855 on: July 31, 2020, 05:48:27 PM »

Goodwood 2.15 - Bonhams Thoroughbred Stakes

Whilst I recognise that the winning distance was officially 1.5L, and the stewards are minded to overturn results only when the winning distance is less than .25L, surely they have discretion to take account of the severity of interference?

Yes, of course my money was on My Oberon, and it’s my pocket doing half the talking whilst I can’t say with a straight face that it would have definitely won without the interference, but when you see the head-on view you can’t discount the probability that it cost the horse a good 2+ lengths.

Does anyone on here know the absolute rules the stewards work to?

Whinge over, but I’d appreciate a reply or two
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #5856 on: July 31, 2020, 06:43:04 PM »

Goodwood 2.15 - Bonhams Thoroughbred Stakes

Whilst I recognise that the winning distance was officially 1.5L, and the stewards are minded to overturn results only when the winning distance is less than .25L, surely they have discretion to take account of the severity of interference?

Yes, of course my money was on My Oberon, and it’s my pocket doing half the talking whilst I can’t say with a straight face that it would have definitely won without the interference, but when you see the head-on view you can’t discount the probability that it cost the horse a good 2+ lengths.

Does anyone on here know the absolute rules the stewards work to?

Whinge over, but I’d appreciate a reply or two

I would probably feel similarly aggrieved but having watched it I dont believe My Oberon ever wins if they both get a free run.
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #5857 on: August 07, 2020, 09:27:01 AM »

6.20 Wolv. En Famille 9/2  - hoping to show improved performance on surface for which some encouragement from sire stats, trainer also has very good stats with visor (from a small sample)

2.55 Sandown small e/w bets on Delicate Kiss and Casement  16 and 22/1 currently

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #5858 on: August 07, 2020, 02:42:26 PM »

6.20 Wolv. En Famille 9/2  - hoping to show improved performance on surface for which some encouragement from sire stats, trainer also has very good stats with visor (from a small sample)

2.55 Sandown small e/w bets on Delicate Kiss and Casement  16 and 22/1 currently

had a little dabble at 22 and 30

fingers crossed and thanks for posting
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #5859 on: August 07, 2020, 03:25:26 PM »

great shout

all abourd the 6.20 express to wolverhampton
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #5860 on: August 07, 2020, 07:48:51 PM »

cheers, a wins a win however small

gone all in on city to draw at 4 to 1

hopefully get a curry out of it
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #5861 on: December 29, 2020, 04:51:45 PM »

Bravemansgame really impressed me today - helped myself to some stale 15/2 for the Ballymore in March which will hopefully take place.

It looked like it would have happily gone round again.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5862 on: March 01, 2021, 08:56:16 AM »

As excuses go, Gordon Elliott's story is not very convincing.

"The photo in question was taken some time ago and occurred after a horse had died of an apparent heart attack on the gallops.

"At what was a sad time, which it is when any horse under my care passes away, my initial reaction was to get the body removed from where it was positioned.

"I was standing over the horse waiting to help with the removal of the body, in the course of which, to my memory I received a call and, without thinking, I sat down to take it. Hearing a shout from one of my team, I gestured to wait until I was finished.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5863 on: March 01, 2021, 09:16:26 AM »

I hadn't seen that photo until now, and had only read the story.  What was he thinking? Even if the ludicrous explanation for the gesture turns out to be true, why would you sit on a dead animal?  Any dead animal, and not just one you were supposed to be looking after.

Why do they always say this was some time ago, like he wasn't a fully grown man with grey hair at the time?

Got to be bad for the whole sport and not just him?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5864 on: March 01, 2021, 09:21:42 AM »

None of it makes any sense. It'll be career-defining for Gordon, he's got some serious heat incoming.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 395 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: