blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:54:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 395 396 397 398 [399] 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1016061 times)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #5970 on: December 04, 2021, 11:26:19 AM »

First antepost bet for the Fez placed - Arkle: 1pt win Third Time Lucki @22/1.

Morning all

Important day for this bet, let’s hope he goes well.

I fancy a couple today:
1. Kamaxos 11/1 E/W 1:15 Sandown Fairly uncomplicated one. Form is solid, improvement is likely, conditions fine and stable in top form. He’s just a bit bigger price than he should be, perhaps because a v unfashionable NH stable, which is no reason at all for pricing up a horse. E/W shape is perfect, short price favourite must be a bit short now. You can get 11/1 pretty much everywhere. I won’t recommend stakes as such, I’m pretty keen though.

2. Highland Hunter 8/1 3:00 Sandown More speculative I guess but the angle is the horse wants testing conditions and it’s nearly always a bit deeper at Sandown than you’d expect from the going description. If it was soft I’d be really keen as I think trip and course suit well. As it is, small win bet at 8/1.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5971 on: December 04, 2021, 11:41:13 AM »

Thanks David, great to see you back here.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #5972 on: December 04, 2021, 11:45:43 AM »

Thanks David, great to see you back here.

Thanks Tony, good to be back. Probably an infrequent visitor these days but things have been going well on the horse with all the extra study time I’ve had available and it seemed a good idea to share thoughts here occasionally.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #5973 on: December 04, 2021, 03:12:40 PM »

Very nice tipping kuku

I’m isolating with Covid, so it’s some consolation to be found a couple of winning bets

Cheers!
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #5974 on: December 04, 2021, 03:15:03 PM »

Very nice tipping kuku

I’m isolating with Covid, so it’s some consolation to be found a couple of winning bets

Cheers!

Pleased I could help out😁. Hope you get over the Covid quickly.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #5975 on: December 04, 2021, 04:16:30 PM »

Nice tipping Kuku which probably fortunately for you I missed!

Re. Third Time Lucki, I was really surprised Skelton a) Entered him after his comments following Cheltenham lto and b) Left him in after the going eased.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5976 on: December 06, 2021, 11:02:10 PM »

Here is the New York Times putting the boot in, in 2019

https://tuesdayshorse.wordpress.com/2019/09/12/bob-baffert-justify-and-the-chemical-triple-crown/

Some of the other stuff there is astonishing to.  This one caught the eye. 

https://tuesdayshorse.wordpress.com/2013/04/11/baffert-horses-big-part-of-sudden-death-spike/

California racing saw a sharp increase last year in the number of fatalities due to cardiac failures. Eleven horses were reported as having died in this manner during fiscal year 2012 ...

Equally concerning is that a reported seven out of the 11—or 64%—of the horses that died from cardiac failure statewide had been stabled with leading Southern California trainer and Hall of Famer Bob Baffert

“It’s disturbing and unnatural,” said one trainer based at Betfair Hollywood Park, who spoke on the condition of anonymity about the number of sudden deaths he’s seen...  “I’ve been in training for 25 years and not had one..."

Medina Spirirt is favourite for the Preakness on Saturday.  Want to funk against him? The 2nd favourite is trained by... Bob Baffert.

Poor horse has died before they finished "investigating" the Kentucky Derby.  Such an unlucky coincidence for the trainer; they keep finding drugs he never puts in his horses and now this, he runs so bad.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/dec/06/medina-spirit-horse-at-heart-of-kentucky-derby-controversy-dies-in-training

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5977 on: December 08, 2021, 11:03:34 PM »

This Frost vs Dunne hearing is just bonkers.  Dunne and his buddies seem to have confirmed that nearly everything was true, but was just "banter".  Almost like they didn't notice how badly that defence worked at Yorkshire all of a few weeks ago.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #5978 on: December 09, 2021, 02:32:11 PM »

This Frost vs Dunne hearing is just bonkers.  Dunne and his buddies seem to have confirmed that nearly everything was true, but was just "banter".  Almost like they didn't notice how badly that defence worked at Yorkshire all of a few weeks ago.

Guilty as charged

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #5979 on: December 09, 2021, 03:47:42 PM »

18 months seems about right given the maximum was 3 years.  Not sure what you would have to do to get the full 3 years. 
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #5980 on: December 11, 2021, 04:51:51 PM »

This is really short notice now (apologies for that) but why not after last week went well. I like Swiss Connection in the next at Newcastle, everything about conditions fine, trainer in form and I’m still convinced a high draw is good over 5 for horses who sit just behind the pace. Lots of 8/1 around.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #5981 on: December 11, 2021, 05:54:53 PM »

This is really short notice now (apologies for that) but why not after last week went well. I like Swiss Connection in the next at Newcastle, everything about conditions fine, trainer in form and I’m still convinced a high draw is good over 5 for horses who sit just behind the pace. Lots of 8/1 around.

Not a bad run in 4th. I didn’t know the wind had switched, so just off the pace from a  high draw not an advantage. Looked to carry a bit of condition after a break, of interest again next time.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5982 on: December 22, 2021, 09:49:45 AM »

How long before we see Oisin Murphy on the racecourse again - 6 months?

Such a talent, too. I hope he sorts himself out.

https://www.attheraces.com/blogs/kevin-blake/21-December-2021/what-now-for-oisin-murphy

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #5983 on: December 22, 2021, 09:58:19 AM »

Think this could have big implications

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/dec/21/freddy-tylicki-wins-high-court-case-against-graham-gibbons-for-negligent-riding-horse-racing

Freddy Tylicki has won his high‑court claim against Graham Gibbons for negligent riding which resulted in a fall that left his fellow jockey with life-changing injuries.

I think that DQs and bans for not keeping a horse straight will probably have to become more common.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5984 on: December 22, 2021, 11:46:20 AM »

Think this could have big implications

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/dec/21/freddy-tylicki-wins-high-court-case-against-graham-gibbons-for-negligent-riding-horse-racing

Freddy Tylicki has won his high‑court claim against Graham Gibbons for negligent riding which resulted in a fall that left his fellow jockey with life-changing injuries.

I think that DQs and bans for not keeping a horse straight will probably have to become more common.

My first thought was this will have big implications, and was a bit unsure about if it was correct.

I then read the judgement yesterday, and don't think it will have big implications and can now see why it was correct.  It is well argued and explains why this case is unusual and why it shouldn't have big implications.  Worth a read for anyone interested in horse racing and the implications for professional sport.

https://www.judiciary.uk/judgments/tylicki-v-gibbons/

I think it should lead to more findings of dangerous riding and some longer steward's inquiries.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 11:50:03 AM by Doobs » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 395 396 397 398 [399] 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: