blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:11:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Woolwich shooting
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Woolwich shooting  (Read 24427 times)
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 26, 2013, 09:27:33 AM »

Any other religion seems to be able to take being scrutinised and made fun of, I can't recall the amount of ridicule the Pope gets without no one single act of violence as a result of it..have you?

I tend to agree that we are way too sensitive to so called cultural concerns although I couldn't help but smile at the quote above.  I guess you have never been out for a night in Glasgow on the evening of an auld firm game or a trip to Belfast in the 1980's?

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 26, 2013, 10:08:40 AM »

Any other religion seems to be able to take being scrutinised and made fun of, I can't recall the amount of ridicule the Pope gets without no one single act of violence as a result of it..have you?

I tend to agree that we are way too sensitive to so called cultural concerns although I couldn't help but smile at the quote above.  I guess you have never been out for a night in Glasgow on the evening of an auld firm game or a trip to Belfast in the 1980's?

i am talking about now and take away football you simply do not get christians kicking off when someone calls Jesus a made up person....
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 26, 2013, 10:11:22 AM »

In the aftermath of this incident I noticed how every muslim group were quick to condemn the atrocity and how members of the nigerian community marched through woolwich to show solidarity. I was really pleased to see that. These terrorists look to divide so it really warmed my heart to see people coming together. 

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 26, 2013, 10:22:06 AM »

Why don't extremists just fuck off?

Yes please. it's in the interest of the Muslim community to out these pricks, if they don't it only going to end up one way, and that is with a massive revolt against the Muslim community. It may not happen for 10, 20 or 50 years but it will happen at some point unless they get their house in order.
Because terrorist Muslims make their plans and identities known to all other Muslims?

Pretty sure some there will be some known in the community for having hard line opinions and try to spread the word to others. For these 2 guys that got recruited I'm sure there will have been others that would have said no to the recruiters. They should be outing these people, no 2 ways about it.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 10:23:59 AM by Woodsey » Logged
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: May 26, 2013, 10:54:30 AM »

Yes please. it's in the interest of the Muslim community to out these pricks, if they don't it only going to end up one way, and that is with a massive revolt against the Muslim community. It may not happen for 10, 20 or 50 years but it will happen at some point unless they get their house in order.
Because terrorist Muslims make their plans and identities known to all other Muslims?

Pretty sure some there will be some known in the community for having hard line opinions and try to spread the word to others. For these 2 guys that got recruited I'm sure there will have been others that would have said no to the recruiters. They should be outing these people, no 2 ways about it.

So what you're saying is that if the tiny minority among hundreds of millions of Muslims don't speak out there will be a massive revolt against the rest of the entire innocent community?

« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 11:15:29 AM by RED-DOG » Logged

The older I get, the better I was.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 26, 2013, 11:13:15 AM »

So what you're saying is that if the tiny minority among hundreds of millions of Muslims don't speak out there will be a massive revolt against the rest if the entire innocent community?

It would not surprise me in the least if this sort of stuff becomes a regular occurrence, probably not any time soon, but it will happen.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: May 26, 2013, 11:18:09 AM »

So what you're saying is that if the tiny minority among hundreds of millions of Muslims don't speak out there will be a massive revolt against the rest if the entire innocent community?

It would not surprise me in the least if this sort of stuff becomes a regular occurrence, probably not any time soon, but it will happen.

What, the murdering fanatics killing off duty soldiers or the racists revolting against the innocent?

The older I get, the better I was.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 26, 2013, 11:26:24 AM »

What, the murdering fanatics killing off duty soldiers or the racists revolting against the innocent?

That won't be up to me, that will be up to the pissed off people who decide to take a stand. Besides I didn't think Muslims were a race...
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 26, 2013, 11:32:18 AM »

Woodsey is right that a small % of the population will hate on muslims, but that still represents millions of people. If this type of thing continues more will be influenced to become radical. It's fair to say muslims have had a rough ride lately and there's a lot of negative association, therefore anything muslims can do to build bridges and get positive PR is worth doing isn't it? Think the nigerian group walking through woolwich bearing flowers and messages of support was well worth doing.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 26, 2013, 11:36:37 AM »

I was talking talking about all extremists, not just Muslim ones.

A mosque in MK was petrol bombed yesterday.

The people who did that can fuck off as well.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 26, 2013, 11:39:15 AM »

I was talking talking about all extremists, not just Muslim ones.

A mosque in MK was petrol bombed yesterday.

The people who did that can fuck off as well.

I agree with you, I'm just saying that this is going to happen more and more thats all, it's inevitable if these sorts of things become more frequent.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 26, 2013, 11:42:14 AM »

Isn't that the point though?  They won't become more frequent because it is something that a tiny minority do.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 26, 2013, 11:50:10 AM »

Isn't that the point though?  They won't become more frequent because it is something that a tiny minority do.

Well lets hope that, but you never know, there wouldn't be so many people working on this issue if they weren't worried.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22671619

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 26, 2013, 12:11:30 PM »

I just find that a bit bizarre.  Not to trivialise this case but what exactly can 500 officers be working on on this case?  We know who has done it and largely why.  Obvviously there must be some work done to ensure they werent part of a group or whatever but 500 officers seems massively excessive especially give recent cuts.  I can't imagine Theresa May has decided to reverse the cuts in budget to pay for it so they must be being diverted from working on crimes that affect Londoners on a daily basis.

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: May 26, 2013, 05:04:45 PM »

twitter trending and sky news reporting another incident yards from the floral tributes.

http://news.sky.com/story/1095844/sky-sources-man-stabbed-in-woolwich
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: