blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:29:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Woolwich shooting
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Woolwich shooting  (Read 24409 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 24, 2013, 01:22:28 AM »

Whether we like it or not, kukushkin makes a very valid point.

And even though they had plenty of time and opportunity they didn't go after any members of the public.

Still think they were nutters though.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 24, 2013, 01:23:45 AM »

That we killed hundreds of thousands of people in Britain?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 24, 2013, 01:24:53 AM »

And even though they had plenty of time and opportunity they didn't go after any members of the public.

They probably are. But not in the conventional way.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 24, 2013, 01:25:34 AM »

That we killed hundreds of thousands of people in Britain?

That's not what he said, doobs.

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 24, 2013, 01:31:55 AM »

Link to some footage of the two attackers getting shot by the police. Obv disturbing as a warning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVUhSCwYSMA
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 24, 2013, 01:41:45 AM »

Isnt this the problem though.  The only way we can justify such a horrible act is to say they are crazy.  It is beyond our comprehension but if you live in Afghanistan or, particularly Iraq (and I know these guys hadnt but they identify strongly with those people), then you have seen this kind of violence on a daily basis but perpetrated by allied forces.  Why should we be repulsed by it but they shouldnt be?  Why should we be willing to act on horrific unjustifiable violence and they be expected to just stand by and not fight back?

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 24, 2013, 01:43:35 AM »

You're late    Cheesy

How is what these people did different to the 10´s of thousands of people killed in Afghanistan and Iraq? Totally legitimate military target, it´s the same war, they fought back.

I was taking the piss out of Boshi with that comment just for banter purposes as we do on here.

Your need to tell me exactly what your on about just so I understand.

We kill enormous numbers of people all over the world, on their doorstep.Then we go crazy when the same is revisited. I´m devastated by what happened, it´s horrendous and uspets me and those people close to me but we killed 100,000´s of people´s in their country´s so please be reasonable.

I'm just gonna dip out right here because its gonna get out of hand if I say what I really think...... Lips Sealed
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 24, 2013, 02:00:06 AM »

You're late    Cheesy

How is what these people did different to the 10´s of thousands of people killed in Afghanistan and Iraq? Totally legitimate military target, it´s the same war, they fought back.

I was taking the piss out of Boshi with that comment just for banter purposes as we do on here.

We kill enormous numbers of people all over the world, on their doorstep.Then we go crazy when the same is revisited. I´m devastated by what happened, it´s horrendous and uspets me and those people close to me but we killed 100,000´s of people´s in their country´s so please be reasonable.

Your numbers are greatly exaggerated. Also please don't use the term 'we'.

I think Colonol Jessop may be appropriate here:

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

Why not 'we'?

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: May 24, 2013, 02:01:38 AM »

I'm still amazed by the old lady walking past as the guy is ranting.

she's like, I live in south london this is life brah. carry on.

utterly insane.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 24, 2013, 02:02:57 AM »

You're late    Cheesy

Your numbers are greatly exaggerated. Also please don't use the term 'we'.

I think Colonol Jessop may be appropriate here:

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

I have no argument with the Afghan people, soldiers are certainly not currently defending my freedom.

They are fighting an unwinnable war on behalf of misguided politicians.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 24, 2013, 02:04:51 AM »

You're late    Cheesy

Ha been wanting to say it for a while now....

We are at 'war' thankfully for us this war has been taking place thousands of miles away far out of sight. Many thousands of enemy soldiers have been killed, we have lost over 400 in Afghanistan. Yesterday this war was brought a lot closer to home, a member of the armed services was singled out and killed. This is no doubt a tragedy, the manner in which it happened is appalling, the reality of what we are fortunate to not have to see was realised for a lot of people yesterday.

My point i guess though is that if what we call over there is a war, and justified, then so this must be as well, no?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 24, 2013, 02:07:09 AM »

+1

I've been close to posting similar both now and in the past but I'm neither brave enough to say it nor intelligent enough to argue the point.

If he meant we as in we as a country then it's a fact.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 24, 2013, 02:08:50 AM »

Yeah I guess we should just give up, root for the other team and let them crack on them.......
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 24, 2013, 02:14:00 AM »

Yeah I guess we should just give up, root for the other team and let them crack on them.......

Why do we have to pick a team based on what our politicians want or the country we happened to be born in?  Is it not perfectly valid to believe that both sides are completely wrong and prolonging a conflict that has no basis in anything?  It is this level of tribalism that gets us into trouble in the first place.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 24, 2013, 02:19:23 AM »

I know there are times when I need to keep by big gob shut or its gonna kick off, this is one of those times  Lips Sealed  Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: