blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:11:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Live Poker : Decison Time & Time Bank
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live Poker : Decison Time & Time Bank  (Read 9977 times)
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2013, 03:33:15 AM »

Hello

Following suggestions/requests from our members, I have been consulting players over the past month to introduce a Decision Time and Time Bank at Dusk Till Dawn for all of our Club Tournaments. . I plan to discuss this with our card room staff further, the proposal on the table following various feedback from players so far is;

1) Players will be expected to make a decision on their hand within a Decision Time

2) The Decision Time will be the equivalent to the clock for that tournament level, but in seconds, for example, a 15 minute clock would be 15 seconds, a 30 min clock would be 30 seconds and a 60 minute clock would be 1 minute

3) Should a player have not made a decision within the Decision Time, the dealer will notify the player that their Decision Time is over and then count down aloud 5 seconds and then announce "Hand Is Dead"

4) When a player buys into a poker tournament, each player will receive a Time Bank Chip which they can use at anytime, this allows the player to double the decision time allowed for that hand, all the player has to do is throw the chip over the chip line at any point during the hand and the Time Bank will be added onto the players Decision Time

5) Players will receive an additional Time Bank Chip for the final table, if the player has not used their initial Time Bank Chip, they have 2 Time Bank Chips to use in the final.

6) Players will receive an additional Time Bank Chip for each extra Day of a tournament, for example, if you made Day 2 of our £300 Deepstack, you would be given an additional Time Bank Chip when you arrive on Sunday for Day 2.

Comments/better ideas/tweaks are very welcome, nothing is set in stone.

Cheers Aces

« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 05:51:07 AM by DTD-ACES » Logged

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 03:36:52 AM »

Sounds bloody awesome

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 04:07:13 AM »

I think when you use your chip you should get as long as you need (within boundaries of reason)

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
jdogloves46

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 04:07:31 AM »

While I personally like the idea of a "shot clock" similar to how the Aussie Millions runs, I think this is a disastrous idea for "all" comps. I think the standard weekly comps will be hurt as it will be disliked by the many recreational players. I can understand it being used for the premium events like the monthly deepstacks and Monte Carlo's.... but not for the XXL25's and Super 50's.... we need to remember that poker is a fun night out for most players, and this rule is not a standard poker rule across all service providers. Recreational players that play elsewhere, and then come to DTD for their "fabourite" comps will be p***ed off imo, as they won't be having the same fun experience they have at other venues.

I'm curious as to why the need for this change. I can't say in my experience there is a lot of slow play. Like I say, I like it personally, as I consider myself more serious than recreational, therefore personally I think it increases my edge on the standard DTD field. But overall for the good of poker at DTD, I don't like it.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 04:17:37 AM »

I don't think 15 seconds of thinking time followed by a dead hand will be at all popular. By the time you've processed what's going on you're being pressured into doing something and before you know it dead hand.

I do like the idea in principle but is this really a problem?

In a turbo comp I think it's a good idea but otherwise...

Blue text
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 04:18:07 AM »

Sounds bloody awesome
Leeds howard

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 04:22:42 AM »

Good idea in principle think the amounts of time need tweaking a bit. As 30 seconds is not a ton of time. Im very quick with my decisions in general but its not unreasonable im gonna have more than one tough spot before a final table. Its the people who take 30 seconds to look at there hand EVERY hand then take ages to fold even though everyone knows they are folding cos they are huge nits. Guess its just good to punish them i guess haha.
Poker_Monkey

"Cake or death?"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 05:42:39 AM »

Bad bad bad bad if you ask me. Yes some people do take to long to make there mind up and yes they should be something done about this but this is not the way!!! I think doing this will turn people away from dtd. Well me for one

Oh look you hit your 3 outter on me FML

Twitter :  https://twitter.com/adrian_lovelock

Fb : https://www.facebook.com/ady.lovelock
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2013, 06:00:08 AM »

I somewhat like the principle I guess, at least for basic decisions, although it doesn't seem very rec friendly as people have mentioned. I certainly think this initial plan is too harsh on time. You should be allowed longer relative to the size of the pot, the action in front of you and the street you're on or something.

I think when you use your chip you should get as long as you need (within boundaries of reason)

Also agree with this^

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 06:07:48 AM »

I also like the idea in principle and I think I'll benefit from it however I think it needs some tweaks.

I agree with whoever said that it maybe shouldn't be used in your smaller comps. People playing those are more likely to be recreational and should be pressured less into making quicker decisions. If its a must for all tournaments then I think those games should have a longer decision time in relation to the clock as 15 secs doesn't seem much. Maybe make it minimum 30 seconds no matter the clock and that increases as the buyin/clock increases beyond 30 mins,

We definetly need way more than 1 time bank chip per day. For the £300s and £500s for example I think it should start with 2 or 3 chips and gain a chip on every break. If someone plays a full day of poker and you add up all the times the average person has a decision on their action throughout the day, I think it's reasonable for them to be allowed a little longer than normal on 3-5 decisions per day. I also feel like river decisions should get a little bit more time than other decisions as there is more to process by then however if there are multiple time bank chips in play then I guess they can use more than 1 if required

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2013, 06:27:47 AM »

Like the idea in principle as well.

A question. What happens if the player asks a question to the dealer to clarify a bet, the action or stack size? Does this come out of their allocated time or not?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2013, 06:35:18 AM »

I guess calling the floor pauses any clock as well? This could lead to people calling the floor to get more thinking time as a tactic.

Do think that the time bank chip should give more time, as it should only be used rarely (the player can't time bank every hand), and with a difficult decision on the bubble or final table they might need a minute rather than 15 seconds.

Do think it will help to speed up those players who regularly take far too long on every hand.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2013, 07:10:30 AM »

i don't think a dealer should be declaring any hand dead tbh. also agree beginners should be under less pressure/more relaxed.

at which point does the time start? what if the bet needs counting down exact? what if they were just sorting payment for a valet?

i like the idea but it needs tweaking

Christopher Brammer
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2013, 08:05:35 AM »

My first reaction is I don't like it.

Most people make their decisions within a reasonable amount of time, so punish the handful who want to take a minute over every decision, rather than put constraints on the majority. If a player is deemed by the dealer to be taking too long over decisions, a warning may be given by the floor and, if this is repeated, sanctions may follow.

I reckon I make the vast majority of my bigger decisions within 20/30 seconds but I would like to think if I played a super 50 with 200 runners, I'm not going to be forced to make a big decision on the bubble or at the final in 25 seconds because I used my Time Bank chip early doors.

I'm honestly not sure the extent to which I want to travel to be put on the clock every hand. Those of us who don't play much online aren't used to it.

It's a novel idea, don't get me wrong. I just think (if I understand the problem is that some people are taking the mickey) that the problem can be solved in a better way.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2013, 08:16:25 AM »

Don't play too frequently live. Is there a problem generally with people tanking? I find a lot of the games run smoothly enough, but that could well be me acclimatised to it over the years and not realising just how long some people are taking.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: