blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:56:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD Mini Deepstack £100, £30,000 GTD 12-15 Sept
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Mini Deepstack £100, £30,000 GTD 12-15 Sept  (Read 116660 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2013, 01:31:27 AM »

From Rob at http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/blog.php?profile=4&id=422

APOLOGIES

I looked at the Club web site and schedule for the coming weeks and it's BLANK! Sincere apologies that we have 'dropped the ball' a little in terms of updating our players on tournaments at the Club over summer - we do have plans to be in operation - honest! Of course, the ISPT has taken up all of our time - but we do need to get back to reality which means grass roots UK poker and getting the Club back on track - we cancelled the last 2 Deepstacks to focus on the ISPT which has lost us some momentum in a very competitive marketplace. Here is a quick update of whats going on, full details will be released next week, but after speaking with Simon earlier today, we felt it was important to get the word out ASAP.

£100 DEEPSTACKS EVERY WEEKEND OVER SUMMER

Last year, over the WSOP and summer holiday period, we did a series of back to back £150 + £18 Deepstack's, each with a £50,000 GTE - these were successful and we are going to repeat this over the coming weeks. However, many of our players have recently 'invested' chuncks of their poker bankrolls in the ISPT satellites and Day 1's, so we have decided to reduce the buy-in to £100 + £15, but still keep the GTE's at £50,000. This back to back series of deepstack tournaments proved very popular last year with players unable to make the trip over to Vegas getting a regular poker fix for a reasobale price.

DATES

Monday 17th June Online Day 1a 8.30pm

Tuesday 18th June Online Day 1b 8.30pm

Friday 21st June Live Day 1c 7.00pm

Saturday 22nd June Live Day 1d 5.00pm

Sunday 23rd June Live Day 2 2.00pm

(online satellites will start Sunday 16th June)

FORMAT

30,000 starting chips

Live Day 1's will have a 30 min clock

Online Day 1's will have a 12 min clock

Players will play down to 10% of the field for each Day 1

(The 10% of players making Day 2 will be rounded down, for example, with 104 players, 10 will make Day 2 and 4 players will receive their £100 + £15 buy-in back - same as the ISPT Day 1's)

Day 2 will have a 40 minute clock with blinds starting at 3000-6000, approximately 50BB average

All players will who make Day 2 will be in the money, the min cash will be £300

RE-ENTRY

Players can re-enter into any future Day 1's

There is no forfeit rule for playing multiple Day 1's, players can qualify through multiple Day 1's and their chip stacks will be merged together into their starting stack for Day 2

(example: player enters Monday's Online Day 1a and finishes in top 10% of field with 100,000 chips, he plays Saturday Day 1d and makes it through with 225,000 chips, his starting stack on Day 2 will be 325,000)

BACKGROUND INFO

Following requests from our club players, we have decided to experiment with running the Online Day 1's on Monday and Tuesday when the club is shut so that everyone has the same opportunuites to play, as you would expect, these are naturally our two busiest online days.

Allowing players to 'merge their stacks' from Day 1's may reduce 'shoving with any 2' when a player prefers to re-enter rather than take the stack through. The odds of making it through two Day 1's when only 10% of the field make Day 2 are small, therefore this has presented us with the opportunity to trial this variation of the re-entry rule.

Last Summer we ran 5 of these Deepstack's back to back, if they proves popular we could potentially run £100 Deepstacks up until the August Monthly Deepstack, when we hope to be back with a bang after the inevitable Summer downturn caused by holidays and the WSOP.

I hope to make an annoucement soon about the UK Poker Championships, which will hopefully be the biggest event that DTD has ever held at the Club and something we have intended to do since we opened.

If you have time, please could you spread the word about these £100 Deepstacks, Nicola is off till the 18th of June and we have a few other staff missing over the next couple of weeks, so any help is appreciated.

Cheers Rob
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 10:21:21 AM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 05:38:42 AM »

Wow I'm not sure that will be popular.

Wow.

Edit: I mean the merged stacks.

Biiiigggrrrrr prize pools tho

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 05:51:41 AM »

I'm glad someone finally posted, but how is this really helping people who are losing chunks when you are encouraging multi buyin, etc?

Also will there be no £300 in July?

Also wondering about chip leader which someone said that it would be back?
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 09:49:48 AM »

I can see the attraction - this will get the £300 crowd to play all the days.

For people like me though, who might have 1 or 2 shots, the merging of stacks really puts me off. I'm at a massive disadvantage because I cant buy in 4 times, even if its unlikely that I would make the last 10% 4 times in a row.

Be interesting to see exactly how many people play all 4 days and how many of those merge stacks though...
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 10:21:05 AM »

I'd like the idea of not having to forfeit a stack if you play a subsequent day 1,but not sure about the merging idea. Discriminates against those doing only one buyin and also confuses a simple format.

In fact, allowing people to play a subsequent day 1 even if the stacks weren't merged still gives a significant advantage to those with bigger pockets, as they can abuse others near the bubble with impunity trying to bolster their stack whilst others are struggling to reach day 2.

It'll certainly be interesting. It should definitely get people playing multiple satellites for it as a second bullet is more valuable than usual.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 10:29:21 AM »

Merging stacks just plays into the hands of those that are better rolled and puts me off immensely. Why not do 'best stack'. So anyone can have a run at the three day ones and their best stack is carried forward. Surely that allows the punters to not feel like they are too disadvantaged, should increase dead money in the prize pool and allows that ballas to spunk off 300 trying to spin up a stack
Poker_Monkey

"Cake or death?"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 10:46:36 AM »

Loved it loved it loved it right up till I saw the bit about 10% and stack merging and that was it put me right off.

DTD are starting to right off the boil at the mo  I mean what with the turbo rule people were talking about and now all 2+day comps looking like the stuped 10% ISPT rule is going to be played on them. I for one won't be playing something would normally have played

Oh look you hit your 3 outter on me FML

Twitter :  https://twitter.com/adrian_lovelock

Fb : https://www.facebook.com/ady.lovelock
Vinodh

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 10:47:36 AM »

Merging stacks just plays into the hands of those that are better rolled and puts me off immensely. Why not do 'best stack'. So anyone can have a run at the three day ones and their best stack is carried forward. Surely that allows the punters to not feel like they are too disadvantaged, should increase dead money in the prize pool and allows that ballas to spunk off 300 trying to spin up a stack
typed a whole lot. But effectively THIS. .. merging the stacks completely puts me off. .. best stack carrying forward makes more sense imo. Anyway I will give a shot at this......
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2013, 10:49:08 AM »

I've never been a fan of multiple-entry tourneys and stack-merging online.

I'm even less of a fan of this format in live play.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2013, 10:57:15 AM »

I know it's important to keep pushing boundaries and to challenge received wisdoms & conventions.

However, my considered verdict on this stack merging concept - pretty stupid- just keep poker simple and fair.

There are a zillion players playing mass runner events all over Vegas at the moment. I 'd be pretty surprised if a single one is based on such a nonsensical concept as this.

Oh just noticed the 10% thing as well - very silly idea too.

In the spirit of trying to help - you guys seem to be trying stuff just to be trying stuff and without properly thinking things through from a customer view point. It's important to lead customers sometimes as they often don't know what they want until it's provided. That said, I can't believe there is any significant constituency that wants this. Even if it works, I'll still be right that it's bad for poker and bad for poker players if only because it just isn't fair to all players
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 11:04:31 AM by nirvana » Logged

sola virtus nobilitat
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2013, 10:58:48 AM »

not forfeiting stack to try for bigger one is good idea, but merging stacks is a bad idea, it will put more people off than attract people i think

When you get to where you wana go
and you know the things you wana know
your smiling Smiley
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2013, 11:03:08 AM »

on a positive note, i think the buyin is great and allows more players to play a tourney that has a proper structure to it Smiley

When you get to where you wana go
and you know the things you wana know
your smiling Smiley
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2013, 11:05:30 AM »

30k stack too much. Make it a 5k turbo 50k gte one time

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2013, 11:05:55 AM »

Meant 5k stack not buy in!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2013, 11:06:57 AM »

Hi

I'll answer a few of these as I blogged these tournies and Simon is on the road. He has read the comments on FB and on here.

Players voiced concerns when we allowed players to forfeit their stack and play again - not one single player has ever forfeited a stack to play another Day 1 - even on a £50 Grand Prix.

On average, to get through 2 consecutive day 1's is 100-1 chance (10% x 10%), so merging is very unlikely to be honest, but it may stop players dumping off their short stack to re-enter and therefore skewing the dynamics of the game in the later levels.

Players are a lot more careful about spending an extra bullet when they don't have to and have already made Day 2. Even if the average player qualifies through Day 1a, and plays all 3 further Day 1's, the player only has around a 30% chance of merging his stack, how many players will do that - hardly any is the answer.

How many player will play Day 1a? - 80 ish, that's 8 players going through to Day 2, in the scheme of things, when only 10% make Day 2 - giving players the option to merge will make very little difference except to not force players to try and dump off to re-enter.

I believe this is a player friendly format - even if player took 3 bullets, the min cash has been set at £300, players can play this event from home and therefore avoid hotel expenses, and on average 5 players from each Day 1 who just miss out on the 10% will receive their £115 buy-in back, so we are paying more like 14% of the field.

This £100 comp replaces are Super £50 + 1 on Friday and Incredible £100 + 1 on Saturday, where players spent an average of £250 for a £27.5K prizepool, having 2 bullets at this for a £50K prizepool and still spend less money.

If anything about this format doesn't work, it's very easy to make changes. We don't come up with these ideas for the sake of it, many times we end up being copied and not just in the UK, and we are quick to change things that don't work, its a one-off series of Deepstack events over the summer period which gives us the opportunity to try a few things, I have always wanted to try "everyone in the money on Day 2" because DTD is a unique venue in that 80% of it's weekend players travel 60+ miles, even at the £100 level, I know its something Simon really likes the idea of.

Cheers Rob
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 12:49:29 PM by robyong » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: