blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:11:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Poker Media Mid Life Crisis
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poker Media Mid Life Crisis  (Read 130060 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: September 14, 2014, 09:34:24 AM »

Ch 861 seem to be a bit hard up for Guests, so Barry Carter will be on the Show on Tuesday.

He'll be doing 2 hours on....

Solving the tilt mystery

Types of tilt

Managing Tilt

And, of course, puffing his book.

Jared, who is in the USA, will Skype in to the Show, too.

Fingers crossed, the TV boys will break the Show into bite size segments & upload them on You Tube, that's the plan.

Barry will also be doing a "Well" Thread Next Door.

Questions to the Show should be sent to skyopen@bskyb.com

The Presenter will be Orford, & the Analyst Ryan Spittles.

Good luck Barry.

The Show can be viewed on regular TV, or Online via the internet thing.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #571 on: September 14, 2014, 12:13:39 PM »

Is this the one hit wonder thread?

Not heard this one for ages

What the chuffin eck is that?
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #572 on: September 14, 2014, 12:21:39 PM »

Ch 861 seem to be a bit hard up for Guests, so Barry Carter will be on the Show on Tuesday.

He'll be doing 2 hours on....

Solving the tilt mystery

Types of tilt

Managing Tilt

And, of course, puffing his book.

Jared, who is in the USA, will Skype in to the Show, too.

Fingers crossed, the TV boys will break the Show into bite size segments & upload them on You Tube, that's the plan.

Barry will also be doing a "Well" Thread Next Door.

Questions to the Show should be sent to skyopen@bskyb.com

The Presenter will be Orford, & the Analyst Ryan Spittles.

Good luck Barry.

The Show can be viewed on regular TV, or Online via the internet thing.

Yep spamming the books. It's doing well anyway, but one of Jared's long term clients is Jorryt Van Hoof, the November Nine chipleader, so I figured it would be a good idea to boost Jared's profile a tad more in case Jorryt wins it, as that would be a great publicity for Jared too (and thus, my little cut of everything). Jorryt has been helping us promote and sell the book for years in Holland, and has kindly been plugging Jared's work in interviews and whatnot. Good lad actually. 

Plus it's always fun reminding Orford of his time on the 'advert channel'.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 12:23:46 PM by DaveShoelace » Logged
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 15, 2014, 11:48:35 AM »

A bit late with the reply but inspired by this thread I've just spent an hour watching youtube videos of mid 90s Britpop songs.

This World and Body by Marion to this day remains one of my favourite albums!

My all time favourite band of this era though was Idlewild. I saw them live about 15 times.

Cheers.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 15, 2014, 12:20:47 PM »

Is this the one hit wonder thread?

Not heard this one for ages

What the chuffin eck is that?

Icicle Works were one of the Liverpool bands that followed The Teardrop Explodes and Echo and the Bunnymen.  They all have a similar sound.  Maybe you aren't old enough, but this post punk stuff is the stuff I grew up with.  I could probably find a whole host of one hit wonders from those days. 

Nothing weird about The Icicle Works, at least they didn't end up doing this.    The problem with itunes is that you don't get much opportunity to get naked and put a turtle shell on your back these days.  Not enough recorder solos either.

Like Bergeroo, I have spent quite a bit of time trawling youtube whilst playing poker the last few days.   I discovered that Billy Mackezie (lead singer of The Associates, which were another similar band) died back in 1997. 

PS Eventually got round to reading your book.  Befroe I read it, I thought I didn't tilt much anymore, now I realise I have mini tilts pretty much every time I play! 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 17, 2014, 11:42:43 AM »

Ask Me Anything!

Can I have a free copy of The Mental Game of Poker please. I will even let you sign it for me too. TY.

Sadly no, nice try though.

After waiting all this time.....I binked one on last night's show on Sky in the prize draw. I was the one who wrote in with the 'drink problem'. I really enjoyed the show and found it very informative...TY. I think you should have plugged your new book though.

Life has no rebuy options
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #576 on: September 17, 2014, 12:22:48 PM »

A bit late with the reply but inspired by this thread I've just spent an hour watching youtube videos of mid 90s Britpop songs.

This World and Body by Marion to this day remains one of my favourite albums!

My all time favourite band of this era though was Idlewild. I saw them live about 15 times.

Cheers.

Idlewild - excellent band.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #577 on: September 19, 2014, 12:19:11 PM »

This

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #578 on: September 24, 2014, 08:48:22 PM »

Futurology is my big thing atm, ie the study of what may happen to jobs, technology, economics etc in the future when everything is automated.

Really good book by this fella, same name as the video.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #579 on: September 25, 2014, 09:45:32 AM »

Loved this NSFW

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #580 on: September 28, 2014, 04:18:43 PM »

So on my road there is a small row of shops. Up until last week we had a post office (which is also a newsagent and sweet shop), a cafe and a co-op.

Next to the co-op this off license and convenience store has just opened.

It has less booze than the co-op. It has the same but significantly less convenience goods as the co-op, and it has the same sweets as the post office. From what I can tell in every instance it is more expensive than the shops it is next to.

It opens one hour later and closes one hour before the co-op.

The owner hangs around outside the shop, looking creepy, watching as all his potential customers go in the co-op.

And for significant portions of Fri/Sat/Sun, the place has been closed for long periods of time.

I'm no business guru, but wtf is wrong with people? If a bank gave them a business loan, what were they thinking? Where the hell were these guys friends and family when they announced their plans to start a business with literally no USPs?

I try my best to support local businesses where possible but I really want this one to fail, probably will teach them a very important lesson.

Click to see full-size image.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 04:21:40 PM by DaveShoelace » Logged
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 29, 2014, 01:43:16 PM »

Loved this NSFW

Marvellous stuff. He is one of the best live comedians of my times and if you are a student of the art form I can recommend his book How I Esacaped my Certain Fate, The Life and Deaths of a Stand Up Comedian

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #582 on: October 19, 2014, 05:07:21 PM »

So on my road there is a small row of shops. Up until last week we had a post office (which is also a newsagent and sweet shop), a cafe and a co-op.

Next to the co-op this off license and convenience store has just opened.

It has less booze than the co-op. It has the same but significantly less convenience goods as the co-op, and it has the same sweets as the post office. From what I can tell in every instance it is more expensive than the shops it is next to.

It opens one hour later and closes one hour before the co-op.

The owner hangs around outside the shop, looking creepy, watching as all his potential customers go in the co-op.

And for significant portions of Fri/Sat/Sun, the place has been closed for long periods of time.

I'm no business guru, but wtf is wrong with people? If a bank gave them a business loan, what were they thinking? Where the hell were these guys friends and family when they announced their plans to start a business with literally no USPs?

I try my best to support local businesses where possible but I really want this one to fail, probably will teach them a very important lesson.

Click to see full-size image.

Yeah they closed about 10 days ago and haven't opened since. They emptied the store a few days ago. The business lasted about 2 weeks.
VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 28, 2014, 09:39:22 AM »

Hi Barry.  In the absence of Jared running a diary here, this is the next best place to write this.

I have just started listening to the Mental Game of Poker podcast; is it 2-3 years old now?  The first session with Dusty Schmidt is excellent.  I haven't played any poker, save for one home game, in a year.  I've just accepted a new job and start in a month.  It is a career move back into a financial services sales role and listening to this was just the tonic I needed.

I always come back to poker.  There are so many valuable lessons learnt from all our experiences; including many from having played poker, talked to others in the community, read so many great articles, etc.  Above all, I think Jared's teachings are so much more valuable than simply as a tool to having a better poker playing mindset, but a better mindest all-round.

I will certainly return to both books/audios too.  So pleased to have enjoyed much of the first and I look forward to learning more from them.

Thanks.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #584 on: October 28, 2014, 11:30:01 AM »

Good to hear from you Mark. Yes its been about 3 years, Jared gets much much better as a host. In particular his shows with Negreanu and Phil Galfond (and Hellmuths was funny). He did a good one with Jake Cody recently, and has a great one with Chris Moorman coming up this/next week.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: