blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:53:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273128 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Championship Chat 2014-15 Season
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship Chat 2014-15 Season  (Read 105070 times)
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: August 22, 2014, 09:10:30 AM »

Very interesting performance last night.

Looks like Sami's ideas came together, he jam packs the midfield and plays no wingers. Lad from Liverpool looks like a great loan acquisition.

Joe Bennett rumoured to be having a medical. He was decent for Mboro I remember but all over the place for Villa (however the whole villa team bar bentekkers and weimann was). Fits in with Sami's style of not using wingers, cramming the midfield with all central quick passers and having quick full backs.

Strange that you can forget your player of the season so quickly.

Bennett wasn't great for Boro to be honest.  Nobody was too worried when we sold him to Villa....in fact I had basically forgotten he existed until you posted.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 27, 2014, 11:44:29 AM »

Great to see Wednesday's start to the season.

Stuart Gray is doing an unbelievable job in a difficult situation with limited funds whilst MM still awaits the takeover which looks dead in the water. It just means MM will put even less into the club (and who can blame him) whilst he tries to sell.

He has signed Westwood in goal who looks commanding, Lees at centre half from Leeds who looks an assured defender along side Loovens who was on loan here last season and really is a class act. Hutchinson in midfield (when fit) is another player doing a great job. May signed from St Johnstone has played a couple of games, works his socks off and scored a poachers goal at Middlesborough.

Gray also seems to be able to get more out of the existing playing squad. Nuihu who runs like he is towing a caravan has scored 3 goals in the last 2 games, Mattock has finally started performing at left back whilst Gray has developed the confidence of Palmer at right back, Maguire on right side of midfield and Lee in centre midfield who looks a real potential star (I can see him playing in Premiership within 2 years). By all accounts the team spirit is sky high.

Its still very early in the season and if we finished in the top half of the league it would be progress. The saying "get it quietly" seems apt. Teams still under estimate us. Long may it continue.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 27, 2014, 11:54:28 AM »

Yes - Wednesday look like they could be one of the surprise packages this year.

Went to Watford v Doncaster yesterday and it was diabolical.  The team was the fringe players most of whom won't be playing on Saturday, but it seems fair to say that the squad is not as deep as I thought (or at least the players who aren't first choices right now seem narky and disinterested).  If I see Andrews and Murray starting again in central midfield then I'll be opposing us.

There remains an odd vibe around the place, with Sannino still under pressure, and it's hard to tell how we are doing.  On face value I can't complain but I felt we got away with it against Rotherham, and only dominated Leeds post red card.  The only truely strong performance was against Bolton on the opening day and they don't look up to much this season.

Huddersfield on Saturday, which again feels like it should be a home win with the team leaders Tozer, Angella, Deeney and Gomes all back so it's hard to grumble as we might even be top of the league at 5pm, but something doesn't feel right at the moment.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 27, 2014, 02:42:09 PM »

Wow - Deeney new 4 year contract apparently.  Good lad - thought he'd run the current 2 year one down.   Must be getting a big pay rise.  Well deserved Troy!
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 27, 2014, 06:17:12 PM »

I think we will find it very difficult against Sheff Weds at the weekend.  This could well be our first defeat of the season, granted we look great going forward, but we have "got away with it" so far at the back.

I'd take a draw now TBH.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 27, 2014, 09:17:36 PM »

I think we will find it very difficult against Sheff Weds at the weekend.  This could well be our first defeat of the season, granted we look great going forward, but we have "got away with it" so far at the back.

I'd take a draw now TBH.

I'd take a draw as well. Your forward line is very strong.

Was Antonio injured last night?
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 27, 2014, 10:52:51 PM »

Ant is it still all doom and gloom or have you accepted that Bloom knows more about football than any of us ever will?

Can have 20's now if you want?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 31, 2014, 09:21:37 AM »

Can someone explain to me how charlton haven't lost a game yet? They were awful.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 31, 2014, 09:24:17 AM »

I'd take a draw now TBH.

That'll be a result then. Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 31, 2014, 09:33:48 AM »

I'd take a draw now TBH.

To be fair Tikay, Forest were the better team, much more of a threat.

No disgrace to lose to Forest though who will be in the top 6 without doubt.
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 31, 2014, 12:54:56 PM »

Ant is it still all doom and gloom or have you accepted that Bloom knows more about football than any of us ever will?

Can have 20's now if you want?

Mr Burke knows more about football than anyone Wink

Holla, colunga, Portuguese kid are great finds.

Charlton were not awful, they scored early on and sat back on it. Our finishing was terrible, baldock in for CMS and we should be far more clinical.

Anyone down to 2nd from bottom can get in the play offs.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 31, 2014, 09:04:19 PM »

Sannino gone.  Absolutely ridiculous.  12 points from 15 and second in the table.

Players rule the roost at Vicarage Road.  And there I was thinking what a madhouse Leeds was a few days ago.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 31, 2014, 09:30:12 PM »

Oscar Garcia red hot favourite for Watford job.  hmmmm - don't remember you Brighton boys being too bothered when he left you!
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 31, 2014, 10:28:31 PM »

Oscar Garcia red hot favourite for Watford job.  hmmmm - don't remember you Brighton boys being too bothered when he left you!

Just go on northstandchat. He's the most boring manager I've seen in my time watching Brighton in terms of style. He would get you top 6 but it won't be exciting to watch.

Andrews started on the coach he would bring on the pitch before second leg of semi final so would be the end of Andrews.

Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 31, 2014, 11:15:13 PM »

I'd take a draw now TBH.

To be fair Tikay, Forest were the better team, much more of a threat.

No disgrace to lose to Forest though who will be in the top 6 without doubt.

Yep, absolutely delighted with the win, some last ditch defending again but nevertheless delighted.  Roll on Derby.

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: