blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:50:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul - With US pace Spoilers
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul - With US pace Spoilers  (Read 103241 times)
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2013, 12:59:27 PM »

Just caught up! Watched the entire thing in 6 weeks. Love it.

Question about the ending: Surely as careful as Walter was with hiding every little detail from hank, it's a bit unlikely that he'd leave that book on his toilet?!

Bit disappointed unless I've missed something?!

More and more I get the sense that the overriding theme of the series is hubris and Walts hubris in particular and the fact that he was unwilling to let go of the book was because of what Gale had inscribed in it ie it is his pride that will lead to his downfall.....to my mind that is what the poem by Shelly I quoted earlier that they are using in the trailers for this last series is about too.....but I do tend to think about these things a bit too much.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2013, 01:09:34 PM »

Yeh but why not just hide the book in his room or something? Leaving it on the toilet seems so unlikely from the guy that unscrews a plug behind his bedside table to hide the ricin capsule...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2013, 01:18:51 PM »

Gonna get hold of  Wrestlemania VI for a stroll down memory lane now Guy Cheesy

Yeh but why not just hide the book in his room or something? Leaving it on the toilet seems so unlikely from the guy that unscrews a plug behind his bedside table to hide the ricin capsule...

Doesn't matter anymore, he is the one who knocks!

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2013, 01:30:22 PM »

I guess so but part of that hubris is the need for other people to know how clever he is to and leaving it in the bathroom allows others to see that.  Also the inscription isn't immediately easy to decipher and whilst, it would seem to be a bit folish of Walt to leave it in the bathroom Hank is the only person that could possibly make the connection and even then it isn't anything like certain he would.  Overall i think Breaking Bad requires a fair few leaps of faith.  To my mind one of the best episodes of the last season was the one with the train heist but it was all fairly unlikely as was the thing with the magnet that wiped the hard drive data but I think the payoff is worth it.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2013, 01:35:49 PM »

Yeh good points.

Awesome show!

I think Sherlock is next for me...

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
NoCardDSC

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2013, 02:06:46 PM »

Easily top 5 series for me, the amount of subtle and genuinely genius extras they have added into every episode is amazing. Yeah, some ep's did drag and were a bit boring but they were followed with an absolute beast soon after.

Question about the ending: Surely as careful as Walter was with hiding every little detail from hank, it's a bit unlikely that he'd leave that book on his toilet?!

I definitely believe Walt has done this on purpose, as he had left it at his bedside table at all times before this, got to be a set up of whats to come right?
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2013, 03:47:55 PM »

Oooooooo!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2013, 04:42:53 PM »

Just caught up! Watched the entire thing in 6 weeks. Love it.

There is a theory that the book was actually a gift from Gretchen back when Walt was with her at Uni. Would be a nice twist if he ends up getting caught by a coincidence.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2013, 09:52:50 PM »

I've never seen breaking bad. After hearing too many people saying it's the best tv show ever, tonight is the night i'm gonna pop my bb cherry.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2013, 10:01:59 PM »

Just caught up, I think I've watched 3 series in 3 days. Been an incredible journey, kinda looking forward to go back, season one was rough for me but apparently better second time through.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
corkeye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2013, 10:18:05 PM »

I've watched ep 1 season 1 to the most recent ep 3 times now and once this concludes will happily go through it all again several times yet i'm sure. Testament to the depth of the show.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2013, 10:55:39 PM »

I've watched ep 1 season 1 to the most recent ep 3 times now and once this concludes will happily go through it all again several times yet i'm sure. Testament to the depth of the show.

I did say to redarmi I was going to start a new show after finishing a Sopranos rewatch, but I'm tempted to do another spin through Breaking Bad while the last 8 episodes are airing.

I enjoyed the show first time, but can't remember being quite as enamoured with it as most people here, and want to see if I enjoy it more 2nd time through.

vzjunction

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2013, 11:43:34 AM »

Googling 'project free tv' might help Wink Use a popup blocker and don't click the 'download in high definition though.

Was watching 'Little Miss Sunshine' again at the weekend. Awesome movie. My fav scene is the one where they get stopped in their squeaky van by the cop, and it just dawned on me who he is Cheesy

Take me to the place I love, take me all the way
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2013, 01:13:20 PM »

Not sure who asked about the lily of the valley plant, but it was Saul goodman who did it whilst delivering the money

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2013, 08:19:52 PM »

oh tonight is the night!
itll be streamed live somewhere as usual.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: