blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:47:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD Online Club Cash Games
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Online Club Cash Games  (Read 126700 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: September 22, 2013, 07:43:15 PM »

I know

Will check it out

For everyone's reference if you see anything that you are unhappy with in chat, PM me or fb me or skype and I will check it

Will be treating the games as if they were in club, for etiquette. Anything that breaches online, will then apply to the live club for the individual too

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 22, 2013, 08:30:45 PM »

The same guy was giving everyone sh1t on the tables earlier aswell... I have registered and joined cause I thought the games were to be played as they are live with a good atmosphere and all having a laugh etc.

The same player was abusing someone earlier in the room cause he hit runner runner on him and then proceeded to tell him what a fish he was for the next half hour till that person left.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 22, 2013, 08:32:20 PM »

The same guy was giving everyone sh1t on the tables earlier aswell... I have registered and joined cause I thought the games were to be played as they are live with a good atmosphere and all having a laugh etc.

The same player was abusing someone earlier in the room cause he hit runner runner on him and then proceeded to tell him what a fish he was for the next half hour till that person left.

They are to be played precisely in the atmosphere you say. I'm on the case.

My eyes are open wide
chelseaboy

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 22, 2013, 08:49:05 PM »

For those who i might play with on here my name is CFC20I2 Cheesy

For what its worth I think its a brilliant idea!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 22, 2013, 08:49:51 PM »

For those who i might play with on here my name is CFC20I2 Cheesy

For what its worth I think its a brilliant idea!

thanks for playing

Shame about the nickname, but I'll forgive you

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 22, 2013, 09:39:13 PM »

Hi everyone

the individual referred to above has had his right to visit the Online Club tables, and the DTD club itself, revoked

My eyes are open wide
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 23, 2013, 01:15:06 AM »

Hi everyone

the individual referred to above has had his right to visit the Online Club tables, and the DTD club itself, revoked

Good.
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #337 on: September 23, 2013, 03:44:05 AM »

This was a good test run for policing the online room.

Rich had sent all the chat to Simon (before any post on here) so that Simon could assess independently.

Simon then called the player personally and informed him he was banned from Online and The Club indefinitely, with the 'right' to write to Simon personally in 90 days time, any communication before that time will be ignored, players do not get their ban lifted after 90 days, they just have the right to open dialogue with Simon after that period.

This will be the procedure, with the exception of cheating, collusion and using tracking software, which there will be lifetime bans rather than 'indefinite'.

Despite sceptics, I believe it's completely possible to police this online room just as we would the live club, although I am expecting players banned for chat abuse to be rarer than an anonymous room.

While I am posting;

I have had a number of questions about the Real Name Display.

Phase 1 - Real Names, Photos and Location will be through web site log in (launch this week)
Phase 2 - Real Names, Photos and Location will be over the actual table you are playing at (launch in 2-4 weeks)

Cheers Rob

P.S. Thanks to all those that have supported the room so far, this is a 6 month project, so please bear with us as we develop it
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 03:50:49 AM by robyong » Logged
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 23, 2013, 10:23:35 AM »

Well done Rob & gang - you've even got this dedicated MTT player playing cash online now, which I rarely did in the past.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #339 on: September 23, 2013, 12:02:13 PM »

Impressive stuff thumbs up

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
smurf

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 23, 2013, 12:09:07 PM »

I joined that table, I did post that the comments were not in the spirit of the table but soon left as he it didn't stop him - it didn't put me off though I will play again and good to see a swift response.

millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 23, 2013, 12:12:05 PM »

I also joined that table but he had settled down by then after a warning. We should have a wall of shame with pics, names and locations of all those banned. No? Just me?

the rage

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 23, 2013, 04:05:24 PM »

I took part in my first ever cash game on DTD yesterday. It was a very enjoyable experience (as far as online cash goes!). I will try and spin up my small profit.
 I did happen to be on one of the tables which DTDONLINEPRO was playing on. There was a bit of banter between us but it was all pretty friendly stuff. I guess that there's a fine line between, what, for one person is harmless banter, and, for someone else, can be deemed to be offensive.
 I was curious as to who DTDONLINEPRO is, and that was before reading this thread. I now know who he is, and, too be honest, he's probably a bit of a keyboard warrior, but not such a bad person as it would seem from this thread.
 I'm pretty sure that if the software which shows the players identities had been in place, things could have maybe been defused with a few choice words, and maybe a bit of light hearted banter.
 I'm not trying to defend the actions of DTDONLINEPRO, particularly as i dont know what was posted in the online chat, but, I do believe that knowing the individual who's on the end of the other keyboard will probably solve this problem. It's very easy for words typed on a keyboard to be mis-interpreted.
 Also, I think there could be a danger that if you police internet chat violations too severely, you could encourage some people to just sit there without saying / typing a word, for fear that they might let rip when on tilt or under the influence and then be  reported to the chat box police.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 05:33:48 PM by the rage » Logged
h

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 23, 2013, 05:26:12 PM »

I took part in my first ever cash game on DTD yesterday. It was a very enjoyable experience (as far as on line cash goes!). I will try and spin up my small profit.
 I did happen to be on one of the tables which DTDONLINEPRO was playing on. There was a bit of banter between us but it was all pretty friendly stuff. I guess that there's a fine line between, what, for one person is harmless banter, and, for someone else, can be deemed to be offensive.
 I was curious as to who DTDONLINEPRO is, and that was before reading this thread. I now no who he is, and, too be honest, he's probably a bit of a keyboard warrior, but not such a bad person as it would seem from this thread.
 I'm pretty sure that if the software which shows the players identities had been in place, things could have maybe been defused with a few choice words, and maybe a bit of light hearted banter.
 I'm not trying to defend the actions of DTDONLINEPRO, particularly as i dont know what was posted in the online chat, but, I do believe that knowing the individual who's on the end of the other keyboard will probably solve this problem. It's very easy for words typed on a keyboard to be mis-interpreted.
 Also, I think there could be a danger that if you police internet chat violations too severely, you could encourage some people to just sit there without saying / typing a word, for fear that they might let rip when on tilt or under the influence and then be  reported to the chat box police.

think a warning first then  24 hr ban   would be a good idea / then ban for repeating behaviour  
I played on line sats with the player mentioned  in the past and agree he can be a bit over the top but hes not the only one
a lot of new players resort to chat box rather than kicking the cat ...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 05:35:32 PM by h » Logged
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 23, 2013, 05:32:49 PM »

So who was it? Given it wasn't supposed to be anonymous anyway so no real harm in asking or posting. Obviously im just being nosey
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: