blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:53:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD Online Club Cash Games
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Online Club Cash Games  (Read 126642 times)
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: September 23, 2013, 05:37:08 PM »

I took part in my first ever cash game on DTD yesterday. It was a very enjoyable experience (as far as online cash goes!). I will try and spin up my small profit.
 I did happen to be on one of the tables which DTDONLINEPRO was playing on. There was a bit of banter between us but it was all pretty friendly stuff. I guess that there's a fine line between, what, for one person is harmless banter, and, for someone else, can be deemed to be offensive.
 I was curious as to who DTDONLINEPRO is, and that was before reading this thread. I now know who he is, and, too be honest, he's probably a bit of a keyboard warrior, but not such a bad person as it would seem from this thread.
 I'm pretty sure that if the software which shows the players identities had been in place, things could have maybe been defused with a few choice words, and maybe a bit of light hearted banter.
 I'm not trying to defend the actions of DTDONLINEPRO, particularly as i dont know what was posted in the online chat, but, I do believe that knowing the individual who's on the end of the other keyboard will probably solve this problem. It's very easy for words typed on a keyboard to be mis-interpreted.
 Also, I think there could be a danger that if you police internet chat violations too severely, you could encourage some people to just sit there without saying / typing a word, for fear that they might let rip when on tilt or under the influence and then be  reported to the chat box police.

Just be reassured it wasn't banter. Don't think I was only one to report him and think it was mainly the discussing hands while play was still going on and his response when asked not to that got him in hot water

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
smurf

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 23, 2013, 06:02:58 PM »

It all seems black and white to me...you have to agree (three times I think it was) before playing these tables...you have to sign up to this.

Dusk Till Dawn Online Club Cash Games are an extention of our Club and the rules will be enforced as strictly as they are in our live club.

1. I agree never to use Online Poker Tracking Software of any type or form on any of these Online Club Cash Game Tables*

2. I agree never to communicate outside of the player chat with any player who is playing at the same table as me

3. I agree to always abide by Dusk Till Dawn Club rules in terms of my etiquette and behaviour

4. I agree that my real name, town of residence and dtd photo will be displayed in the Real Name Display software. This will ONLY be visible to players who are playing against you at the same dusk till dawn online club cash game table. 

I understand that I risk having my online account locked AND live club membership suspended indefinitely should I break any of these room rules

If you don't want to abide by these rules...don't play on these tables...simples.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 23, 2013, 06:23:02 PM »

Are you allowed to play 2 tables of PLO and two tables of Holdem or just 2 total?

4 total

Didn't know there was a rule about only playing 2 tables.

Is this regulated by the software or do we have to just be honest?

EDIT: Just looked at the OP. It's clear as glass 2 tables NLHE and 2 tables PLO. So how is this regulated?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 06:25:10 PM by EvilPie » Logged

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 23, 2013, 06:25:46 PM »

Onus on the player

4 tables only of any, not 2 of each (this was changed)

I keep an eye on it, only seen one example of it so far and the player contacted me to clarify.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
the rage

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 23, 2013, 07:12:35 PM »

So who was it? Given it wasn't supposed to be anonymous anyway so no real harm in asking or posting. Obviously im just being nosey
The person concerned does not want to reveal his identity. So I will respect his wishes.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 23, 2013, 07:23:41 PM »

So who was it? Given it wasn't supposed to be anonymous anyway so no real harm in asking or posting. Obviously im just being nosey
The person concerned does not want to reveal his identity. So I will respect his wishes.

As of tomorrow that luxury will not be available to anyone on these tables and its slightly precious to behave as he did and then want to do it anonymously. Mr X definitely went way beyond banter.

My eyes are open wide
TFMonty

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 23, 2013, 07:57:01 PM »

the linking to real people and not nicknames will be in place tomorrow?

As of tomorrow that luxury will not be available to anyone on these tables and its slightly precious to behave as he did and then want to do it anonymously. Mr X definitely went way beyond banter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 23, 2013, 07:59:20 PM »

Yes, thats the expectation

Probably afternoon sometime

Manual updating by me at the start of a webpage that you will be able to log into , which I will do peak hours

In a few weeks time fully automated with an overlay of real names/locations and pictures as you play..no second log in required

My eyes are open wide
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 23, 2013, 08:02:21 PM »

Outrageous  - if only players were as humble and polite as me at the poker tables, Richard.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 23, 2013, 11:41:18 PM »

I lol'd at: Are you sure - yes, are you REALLY sure... com.

Really good to see people facing repercussions to there chat bs.

Will try and play some of these for the bants.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 23, 2013, 11:43:43 PM »

banter is conspicuous by it's absence at the moment, hopefully there will be more when the IRL stuff gets displayed

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 24, 2013, 12:04:38 AM »

banter is conspicuous by it's absence at the moment, hopefully there will be more when the IRL stuff gets displayed

I thought Mr Giblin was playing some, everybody gets a giggle then.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 24, 2013, 12:58:31 AM »

Hardly ever get to DTD unfortunately and don't play cash. However, I will give it a spin for the cause and hopefully this will be successful.

I've set an account up Tighty, but I've been banned before I even got through the door Cheesy

Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #358 on: September 24, 2013, 01:45:56 AM »

lol - got to laugh when I saw this alias. Said person posts screenshots on Facebook all the time showing his aliases so hardly that confidential. I think he's been through a fair few ipoker sites being banned for various reasons

iangascoigne

Just getting started.

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 24, 2013, 10:05:21 AM »

Played for a couple of hours last night and really enjoyed it. Keen to support the initiative and encourage as many others who can to give it a spin. Gonna hunt down Rasta Fish................

Father of Ed and Alice, grandfather to Toby. That is enough for anyone. Twitter @IanGas
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: