blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:15:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Internet Poker
| | |-+  Online Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Short term 180s backing...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Short term 180s backing...  (Read 30384 times)
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2013, 02:00:21 PM »

You get 70% of profits and investors 30%? That can't be right surely?

FWIW I was the reg who said 60/40 in rays favour, and I don't think that 70/30 is unreasonable given the nature of this package.  This is a decent reg selling 1.5k games in which he is a proven winner over a 40k game sample with a decent ROI (not a small number of games where guys are taking shots at higher buy ins).  There is also MU offered on the package which wont end till it at least breaks even, so as long as you have a top up or two this package is extremely low risk opportunity.

I can think of a several stables that would snap Ray off at 70/30 but tie him to a 10k game contract or something rediculous which obviously he wants to avoid.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2013, 02:01:14 PM »

You get 70% of profits and investors 30%? That can't be right surely?

You realise the difference between a 70/30 deal for a one off mtt staking as opposed to this where I crush these games and unless investors think I can no longer beat these games it's a fair proposal ??

The only point that could be made is the short term part of the deal, but I've said it wouldn't end if in make up, so backer at worst will b/e, I've been beating these games at around $2 per game long term, the fact I've had a huge b/e stretch means that short term a massive upswing could very probably be on the way, unless of course my results mean I'm now terrible so therefore don't invest. If I did win @ $2 p/g for the duration then $3k profit means a 10% investment would return a $90 return so roi of 45%,

So yeah, it can be right, people don't want to invest which is there prerogative, I won't be adjusting the split.
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2013, 02:03:02 PM »

I was doing the maths earlier and I think it works out something like to double my $200 investment the initial roll would need to be turned from $2000 into $8660.

I would have made $200 profit and horse would have made $4662.

Am I being dumb and way off the mark??

10% of $2k = $200, so roll of $4k = $2k profit (2000/10x7 = 1400) leaves 600 remaining for investors so 10% = $60 x3.33 = $200

Confused.

Nah if you bought the full $2k and the roll was doubled, you get your 2k stake back + 30% of the $2k profit, so $2600 total ($2k+$600).  Ray doesnt get to keep any of the stake.

The stake is refunded in full, and the profits are split 70/30.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2013, 02:07:22 PM »

Reserve all. Just want to speak via pm regarding something. Can you get my skype off tomsom?

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2013, 02:08:31 PM »

My bad. I'm being dumb. As you were.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2013, 02:11:29 PM »

That can't be right surely?

Quoted for all your future staking threads Tongue
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2013, 02:11:43 PM »

I don't want to comment too much, but in short

This opportunity is a terrible "punt", as returns are going to be marginal. However the reality is it is structured to the punters market

But, it is relatively low risk - but again that's not a punters MO

It seems to me to benefit Ray exponentially more than investors, and the fact it is short term increases that gap

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2013, 02:15:39 PM »

This opportunity is a terrible "punt", as returns are going to be marginal. However the reality is it is structured to the punters market

It seems to me to benefit Ray exponentially more than investors, and the fact it is short term increases that gap

I'm not even going to bother replying properly to this post other than to say you literally haven't got a clue what your talking about, unlike others though I couldn't give a shit if you want to keep posting complete bollocks itt, feel free.
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2013, 02:16:05 PM »

This opportunity is a terrible "punt"

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2013, 02:18:02 PM »

You realise he isn't quitting in makeup ever? So by providing capital you essentially breakeven at worst? Seems like a good deal to me. I mean I've just woken up and been offered the chance of some free money which i've decided to take. If it wasn't for that caveat I wouldn't be interested at such a split. Gonna suck for ray if he breaks even for 7k more games but I have the faith.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2013, 02:20:15 PM »

You realise he isn't quitting in makeup ever? So by providing capital you essentially breakeven at worst? Seems like a good deal to me. I mean I've just woken up and been offered the chance of some free money which i've decided to take. If it wasn't for that caveat I wouldn't be interested at such a split. Gonna suck for ray if he breaks even for 7k more games but I have the faith.

Hope he wins the world for you.
Good Luck Adam and Ray.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2013, 02:21:16 PM »

Good Luck Adam and Ray.

HANG ON BITCH!!!!!!!

Ill take 5 for the sweats.

Booked, cheers.
outragous76

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2013, 02:22:19 PM »

hang on!

Let me explain, it IS a terrible "punt"

it is NOT a terrible short term investment

The point I am making is that there is a tiny chance backers will make say 2x 3x 4x their money! This isn't why punters (like me) invest in people. We do it for the potential bink (and probably also because we like people), I would have taken a piece just to help you out, but not on these terms

I make it quite clear that it is a VERY LOW RISK investment in my post

HOWEVER, the majority of people on here are taking pieces for potential returns

Im sorry if you think Im wrong, but Im not. Hence it hasn't flown off the shelves as advertised.

You are far more likely to get a 1 off investor for the lot than a series of 5% etc

outragous76

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2013, 02:23:14 PM »

yes I do - try reading my post again

it quite clearly says it is low risk

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2013, 02:29:16 PM »

Good Luck Adam and Ray.

HANG ON BITCH!!!!!!!

Ill take 5 for the sweats.

Booked, cheers.

Oops Sorry Sir.
As you were.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: