blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:38:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 154 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread  (Read 519047 times)
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: November 20, 2013, 08:55:33 PM »

And you can't forget this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfa66M8-vRU
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 09:00:35 PM by lucky_scrote » Logged

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 20, 2013, 09:07:28 PM »

Incred!

Can't believe I've never seen that before.

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 20, 2013, 09:19:23 PM »

Incred!

Can't believe I've never seen that before.

Check out the Simon one too Cheesy

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 21, 2013, 12:14:03 AM »

She is fine, as is Tom.

She played the last two SPT's @ DTD.

Not changed a bit, in appearance, or game style.

To me, she is part of the modern history of Tournament Poker in the UK. Cash poker as well too, really.

She was part of that "Birmingham Cash game" some 12 or 14 years ago, along with DC, MW, JS, DB etc. At the Vic, she won back to back £750 Events for decent money, beating what was then very select fields. 

As a person, I like her very much.

i played 3 events at the vic in a 12 month period she won all 3 for £50k a piece  2x£750 and a £200r loved having dinner with her when we met on the curcuit she was incredible company with some great stories

Surprised she didn't employ you as a card protector!

i min cashed the 2 £750 listed on THMdb

ran kings into aces against the only person that could be me aswell i could of been a contender lol

yeah she always seemed too do well when i was around
can remember her taking down a small PLO comp in dtd with myself mickey wernick and her in the final 5

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 21, 2013, 10:13:34 AM »

Snatiramas (sp?) is he OK?

TheDoc12345 ?

Snat was in rude good health last time I saw him in luton (coupla months ago perhaps), not around poker much these days, busy with business and life I think

Hello all....alive and well in sunny Milton Keynes. Just been for a walk around coldecotte lake which we live 100 yds from. It is beautiful. Had a load of life stuff to sort out, seperated after 20 years of marriage, found a new partner, pukingly happy in other words so happy it would make you puke. Building my business which will pay for my retirement which I plan to start in 5 years time once the youngest child is in university and only I play poker once in a blue moon now. Still love the game and always will but wise enough to know that there is always a game. Thanks for asking Nakor and I hope this finds you well

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 21, 2013, 11:11:47 AM »

Snatiramas (sp?) is he OK?

TheDoc12345 ?

Snat was in rude good health last time I saw him in luton (coupla months ago perhaps), not around poker much these days, busy with business and life I think

Hello all....alive and well in sunny Milton Keynes. Just been for a walk around coldecotte lake which we live 100 yds from. It is beautiful. Had a load of life stuff to sort out, seperated after 20 years of marriage, found a new partner, pukingly happy in other words so happy it would make you puke. Building my business which will pay for my retirement which I plan to start in 5 years time once the youngest child is in university and only I play poker once in a blue moon now. Still love the game and always will but wise enough to know that there is always a game. Thanks for asking Nakor and I hope this finds you well

Snatty!

My word you're full of surprises. When I read Nirvana's post I couldn't help thinking that few people do "rude health" quite as well as you do.

Delighted to hear that things are going well for you.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 21, 2013, 03:30:59 PM »

Riverdave isn't banned either, just dropped off the scene. Has been spotted playing at southend recently.

Still playing, it seems.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost.php?p=41092536&postcount=2557

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 21, 2013, 03:36:49 PM »

Riverdave isn't banned either, just dropped off the scene. Has been spotted playing at southend recently.

Still playing, it seems.

Think the most shocking part of that is that Dave is only 34 Smiley

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #383 on: November 21, 2013, 04:30:05 PM »

Still playing, it seems.

Dave 'The Leopard' Penly.
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 21, 2013, 05:03:28 PM »

Still playing, it seems.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 21, 2013, 05:08:10 PM »

Still playing, it seems.

Bald blokes always look older

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
dakky

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 21, 2013, 06:43:35 PM »

tikay, where are those trip reports you did back in 2004/05 would love to re-read some of them

Do you mean these sort of things, Mr T? If so, I wrote, literally, hundreds of them back in the day.

It's just Memory Lane really, real "whatever happened to" stuff.

Some sort of justice that this particular article includes much about the chap who actually started this cracking thread, Mr K Hawkins.

http://blondepoker.com/?q=node/315

omg wow, TeddyKins gets an honorable mention. I guess that was after his luckbox to the ladbrokes poker million final, then blowup on tv for the fans.

I know him through a friend. Strange guy. You are lucky he doesn't have access to the tips for tikay thread...
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #387 on: November 22, 2013, 01:52:13 PM »

Lucy Rokach

I have to say, I have quite a few positive things to say about Lucy. A long time ago she stepped into an incredibly male dominant game and played a style that a lot of people didn't.

She used to crush really hard, about when I started playing that started to stop. It was as if she was a step ahead until then, and perhaps something that had worked for a long time didn't really need changing. But poker is not of that nature at all really. Her style of play was really easy to play against once people started to get smarter and I guess Lucy was just a little stubborn with her style and refused to change.

The first big live tournament I finalled had Lucy on it and throughout the tournament she was incredibly friendly with me, sharing stories and whatnot. I guess she was just that kind of person, it's a shame that she didn't progess like some of the other people did because it would be good to see her trying to bash people up. The final is here: http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/event.php?a=r&n=25367 and in fact has a lot of familiar faces. I wonder if Jaffa can remember this one.

I went to Uni in Birmingham from 99-03 where I first got into poker.  She was a bit of a local legend when I first dipped my toes into games at Junction 10 and Rainbow Club.

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 14, 2013, 01:04:24 AM »

Peter Finch.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #389 on: December 14, 2013, 01:05:31 AM »

Peter Finch.

deece
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 154 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: