blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:28:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 154 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread  (Read 521960 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #450 on: December 15, 2013, 08:44:12 AM »

Celery is a very nice nibble with a good cheese.

Blonde can be a lovely place for PHA.

As always I am posting pissed.

I do sometimes think you all take things a bit personally sometimes though people. It is the funniest forum ever, and I read loads of stuff online. I don't know why but I kind of feel it's all falling apart?

Basically any kind of shite gets dumped on Blonde. That thread the other day had f all to with anyone really and caused a big row. This is a poker forum first and sports betting second.

Sometimes not posting your opinions, especially with such an emotional topic, is best. Otherwise you are all leaving yourselves open to being used as a craigslist of shite heads.

Is that your opinion? :-)

The older I get, the better I was.
gouty

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 15, 2013, 09:31:13 AM »

I do sometimes think you all take things a bit personally sometimes though people. It is the funniest forum ever, and I read loads of stuff online. I don't know why but I kind of feel it's all falling apart?

Basically any kind of shite gets dumped on Blonde. That thread the other day had f all to with anyone really and caused a big row. This is a poker forum first and sports betting second.

Sometimes not posting your opinions, especially with such an emotional topic, is best. Otherwise you are all leaving yourselves open to being used as a craigslist of shite heads.

Yep.

This forum was used for the sole purpose of shit stirring. And you all fell for it, except Camel who tried to make this point and got poo poo-ed.

Poo poo-ed sounds better than it appears in text, like many things.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #452 on: December 15, 2013, 09:49:14 AM »

Yep.

This forum was used for the sole purpose of shit stirring. And you all fell for it, except Camel who tried to make this point and got poo poo-ed.

I think I made an unsuccessful attempt a humour.

You see you said "Not posting your opinions is best", but in the process of saying that, you posted your opinion.

I found the contradiction amusing.

I'll get my coat.....

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 15, 2013, 10:27:58 AM »

Yep.

I think I made an unsuccessful attempt a humour.

You see you said "Not posting your opinions is best", but in the process of saying that, you posted your opinion.

I found the contradiction amusing.

I'll get my coat.....

I got it Smiley

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #454 on: December 15, 2013, 10:57:25 AM »

In my opinion, I got it too.

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #455 on: December 15, 2013, 11:09:47 AM »

Whatever happened to the whatever happened to thread?

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 15, 2013, 12:38:28 PM »

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=59821.330

Yo, this was my alternative advent thread from last year. Various members including myself offered mightily constructive feedback to improve the concept moving forwards. The thread was also bloody good fun.

In this thread TightEnd responded to the suggestions by saying…

”Certainly will be considered for this time next year, either instead of or in addition to an advent calendar which I might throw across to a team as its certainly not meant to be autocratic!!”

This thread stretched to 23 pages and attracted 8.5k hits which I feel is a positive and constructive contribution to the commerciality of the forum.

This year those suggestions have not been implemented and the decision has been made for the forum not to run with an advent thread, apparently solely because of me and my "wilfully destructive" contribution. People are free to form whatever opinion they wish about who is more “wilfully destructive” to the commerciality of Blonde in terms of the advent calendar. Nothing was thrown across to a team, no improvements were made, we just didn't have a thread at all. Seems kinda lazy to just blame me really.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 15, 2013, 12:41:30 PM »

Also I'm not really sure about celery, sometimes I like it sometimes I hate it!!

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 15, 2013, 12:52:55 PM »

Life must be really placid in Mantis Towers if he needs to come over here to have an argument.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Ricardov83

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 15, 2013, 02:35:44 PM »

Life must be really placid in Mantis Towers if he needs to come over here to have an argument.

Seems like he's just sticking up for himself which he is entitled to do.

He seems to get a raw deal here.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #460 on: December 15, 2013, 04:07:52 PM »

Yo, this was my alternative advent thread from last year. Various members including myself offered mightily constructive feedback to improve the concept moving forwards. The thread was also bloody good fun.

”Certainly will be considered for this time next year, either instead of or in addition to an advent calendar which I might throw across to a team as its certainly not meant to be autocratic!!”

This thread stretched to 23 pages and attracted 8.5k hits which I feel is a positive and constructive contribution to the commerciality of the forum.

This year those suggestions have not been implemented and the decision has been made for the forum not to run with an advent thread, apparently solely because of me and my "wilfully destructive" contribution. People are free to form whatever opinion they wish about who is more “wilfully destructive” to the commerciality of Blonde in terms of the advent calendar. Nothing was thrown across to a team, no improvements were made, we just didn't have a thread at all. Seems kinda lazy to just blame me really.

In Tighty's defence, he didn't say we couldn't have an advent calander, he just said he didn't want to do it.

Why don't you do one?

taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 15, 2013, 05:19:12 PM »

I loved the Advent Calenders (yes I was in the 1st one).

Here is my thought for an Advent Calender NEXT year (to late really for this year).

To kick it off lets say the MOD team pick one person they feel should be in it, THAT person would then pick the person they feel should be behind door 2 and so on......just a thought.

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 15, 2013, 05:33:15 PM »

In Tighty's defence, he didn't say we couldn't have an advent calander, he just said he didn't want to do it.

Why don't you do one?

a) I don’t get paid a salary or receive any financial remuneration from Blonde or it’s sponsors like Tighty
b) I wouldn’t lose my job if Blonde ceased to exist like Tighty
c) I’ve been busy organising the end of year awards for the 150 staff who work for my business, sending out voting forms and collating results
d) It wouldn’t be official and thus would lack a certain credibility
e) I’m not universally popular so some members would avoid voting and that wouldn’t achieve my all-inclusive aspirations for the project
f) I didn’t know Tighty wasn’t going to do one

By comparison Tighty, you, and all the other mods of this business didn't create a really popular thread because you didn't feel like it or weren't inclined to. Sorry dude but my suggestions to improve and get stronger are not as "wilfully destructive" to Blonde as that kind of malaise. I'm not being nasty or negative, I'm being real.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 15, 2013, 05:37:21 PM »

Mantis give it up FFS. Does it really matter now? Seems like a pointless argument to be carrying on with mate, what's done is done...
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 15, 2013, 05:41:42 PM »

Mantis give it up FFS. Does it really matter now? Seems like a pointless argument to be carrying on with mate, what's done is done...

I'm not really arguing buddy, I was just answering Tom's question.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 154 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: