blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:20:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Annoying spot in Warmup
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Annoying spot in Warmup  (Read 10797 times)
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2013, 02:29:48 PM »

I don't really want to turn this onto a discussion about markup
Nice misclick.
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2013, 02:37:09 PM »

I didn't really want to reply to the troll, but I wouldn't want any investors to think that buying a piece of me is a bad idea although I think most people who do invest in me wouldn't be fooled by a troll anyway.

According to sharkscope since April (my stats were reset here because of a long term staking deal and is realistically when I started putting in mad volume) I have a 46.3% ROI at scheduled tournaments with $32.75 ABI over 3793 games. I won't reset my stats for the foreseeable future because I'm actually embarrassed how good I ran! It would double the ABI and probably push the ROI to around an unattainable 100% mark.

I have since apologised to paulhouk for my reply to his comment in my staking thread, I had my worst poker day this year and was generally having just a rotten day. It's not like me to make a comment like that and I certainly consider your anonymous posting to be extremely cheap as well as trying to make me look bad. I am sure you are some kind of person that crushes the games given you know that the hand I played is fairly laughable and I could care less, whilst I'm trying to be a better poker player you can go and be a better person, please.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
Jono3131

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2013, 02:50:43 PM »

The way you are defending yourself is actually the most laughable thing. The fact you can't do it without attacking me suggests you know you are in the wrong, but hey, free world and all.

You said check OPR. So I did.

2007 55 games $232 abi -64% roi
2008 89 games $189 abi 42% roi
2009 69 games $217 abi -3% roi
2010 133 games $183 abi 26% roi
2011 628 games $144 abi 30% roi
2012 1062 games $93 abi 28% roi
2013 5918 games $26 abi 14% roi

All with pretty low ABI.

Yet I notice you still don't want to justify the markup you charge (1.3) even though in the last 6 years you have only once had a higher roi on that. Where you were in profit for the grand total of $7095.

I'm sure you are now going to tell me how OPR is wrong or give some other filtered graph from the third sunday of every month where you have your cocopops for breakfast and actually obtain a 50% roi on said day.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 03:21:55 PM by Jono3131 » Logged
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2013, 02:58:29 PM »

nicely nuanced understanding of mtt variance sir, what's a sample size lolz

the fact he didn't just post 'lol bellends' you should consider yourself lucky.
Jono3131

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2013, 03:01:03 PM »

So when someone makes a modest roi over 6 years it is just MTT variance, but if they have a high roi over 6 months they 'crush the game'?
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2013, 03:09:39 PM »

So when someone makes a modest roi over 6 years it is just MTT variance, but if they have a high roi over 6 months they 'crush the game'?

why ask for help then post like a bell?

roi is one figure. so is abi, so is field size, so is the year they were played.

looking at just one gives a pathetically skewed impression.

you can easily whack up a player with a massive roi over a tiny sample whos joke bad. or you could whack up a confirmed sicko with a small or negative roi over a med sample. taking definitive opinions from numbers that are so hard to converge is foolish.

as dan pointed out part of staking (sending money to randoms on the internet with no paperwork or guarantors for them to gamble with and hopefully return any winnings) requires a high level of trust not only in their ability to reg and sit there not punting but to also then be reliable. I personally think those factors are more important in the markup discussion that some arbitrary figure (that with the constantly evolving state of the games is essentially void the second you read it).

I also fking hate this spot in OP as you have a hand you were willing to get in pre range vs range and were happy with but then you see a frop and have to bin your equity a bunch of times and it's ewwwww and very often it can lead you to be like lol I aint folding u fker.
Jono3131

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2013, 03:13:17 PM »

I'm struggling to see how I've posted like a bell. I posted it and just getting called a troll and a horrible human... I did genuinely just want to understand how playing the hand like this was good
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2013, 03:15:54 PM »

Dan spews after misclick in one hand therefore he must not be a good enough player to charge mark-up

Good logic there thumbs up

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2013, 03:17:18 PM »

I'm struggling to see how I've posted like a bell. I posted it and just getting called a troll and a horrible human... I did genuinely just want to understand how playing the hand like this was good

yes you posted a hh from someone elses perspective to try and essentially insult them/make them look bad, then also criticised their markups whilst providing vapid reasoning for why you are correct.

rather than continue to play the troll you pretend to want to be educated/learn and yet throw helpful pointers back in our face with nothing to back up your opinions.

I am surprised you got any kind of fair response at all. once you suggest you want to learn then being like lol 4 mtts in 1984 omg -22% roi YOU LOSER shows your lack of understanding of the format and how rois look over differing samples for different players.

graphs tho

ROI THO

Click to see full-size image.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2013, 03:19:30 PM »

Dan spews after misclick in one hand therefore he must not be a good enough player to charge mark-up

we went allin preflop mentally, the guys just only finding that out now on the turn :p
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2013, 03:20:46 PM »

we went allin preflop mentally, the guys just only finding that out now on the turn :p

Cheesy

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2013, 03:23:21 PM »

For transparency I charged 1.1945 on the package. Maybe a couple of years ago without a better understanding of markups I would have charged 1.3 mind.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
Jono3131

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2013, 03:26:36 PM »

You're right I shouldn't of just posted that from OPR as it's not a true reflection.

Also quite interesting that the only year that any real volume was played over a period where Dan said he ran exceptional, shows a 14% roi at $26abi. So I guess I still struggle to see how 1.3 in a $215 can be warranted... I get that he's trust worthy, I'm sure a lot of people are. I still don't understand why trust matters when they are going to lose you your money?!?

I wasn't actually picking out his markup at the start. I was simply saying the hand was something I don't understand, presumably because he sells at this markup he is a lot better then me and by the the reaction he had to someone else questioning the hand I just wanted to (still do) understand the reasoning behind the play...
Jono3131

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2013, 03:27:17 PM »

For transparency I charged 1.1945 on the package. Maybe a couple of years ago without a better understanding of markups I would have charged 1.3 mind.

Apologies. 1.3 on this tournament
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2013, 03:33:22 PM »

That's one of the orbs for individual mark ups, because you say you understand them but it allows people to come and say wtf how do you mark the warmup exactly the same as the million when the million is b clearly way way softer. Maybe do the markups yourself and then just say I'm charging an avg mu of x fr this package.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: