blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:28:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Annoying spot in Warmup
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Annoying spot in Warmup  (Read 10811 times)
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2013, 03:33:53 PM »

I still don't understand why trust matters when they are going to lose you your money?!?

high level understanding though.......

so someone with a -4million ROI never binks a bunch of allins and shows some kind of a return?

if someone has a + 4million ROI but also is a compulsive thief and high end art buyer have we made a good investment, cos we sure are going to see any of our winnings.

the whole point with ROI and mtts is the variance is a joke.

a 9 man sng is one thing but a 4k runner mtt where the 20th place gets the bowl and the first place gets 200x the buyin back skews the roi somewhat. there are so many ways in which variance can affect you in an mtt that it really is foolish to consider ROI as the only thing to be looked at.

the number of times that you having slightly different results in a handful of allins deep in an mtt that can completely skew your roi is insane.

if you wanted to look at opr at least include the sample size, abi etc with it not just omglolz negatives.

the whole markup debate is moronic to be had if people don't understand the basics of roi and mtt variance.

kewl story to be 'guessing' he's trustworthy though, I guess you're not a bellend.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2013, 03:34:36 PM »

<3  orbs

Click to see full-size image.
Jono3131

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2013, 03:39:00 PM »

I still don't understand why trust matters when they are going to lose you your money?!?

high level understanding though.......

so someone with a -4million ROI never binks a bunch of allins and shows some kind of a return?

if someone has a + 4million ROI but also is a compulsive thief and high end art buyer have we made a good investment, cos we sure are going to see any of our winnings.

the whole point with ROI and mtts is the variance is a joke.

a 9 man sng is one thing but a 4k runner mtt where the 20th place gets the bowl and the first place gets 200x the buyin back skews the roi somewhat. there are so many ways in which variance can affect you in an mtt that it really is foolish to consider ROI as the only thing to be looked at.

the number of times that you having slightly different results in a handful of allins deep in an mtt that can completely skew your roi is insane.

if you wanted to look at opr at least include the sample size, abi etc with it not just omglolz negatives.

the whole markup debate is moronic to be had if people don't understand the basics of roi and mtt variance.

kewl story to be 'guessing' he's trustworthy though, I guess you're not a bellend.

I have included the abi and sample size...........

So if the variance is so large and you need to play so many mtt's to have any understanding, why is he charging any markup at all?

Fwiw I would rather buy a % in someone who had a less then perfect reputation but a 70% roi at 1.3 then someone who so far has only proven to beat $30 comps with an roi of 14%..........
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2013, 03:41:34 PM »

when I initially read your post it was just dates and negative numbers....

lots of people charge markup, many of them utter shitters, you should be asking why people buy not why people sell.....

I would rather buy in someone with a -10% roi who was trustworthy than some punter who has won some flips already but is likely to snort the winnings.

when I ask someone for help I tend to listen rather than think they are wrong if I don't agree with them. but w/e to each his own.
Jono3131

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2013, 03:45:44 PM »

Ahh I edited soon after so you must have read it before so.

I promise you I am listening, I am just trying to offer an alternative view.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2013, 03:46:07 PM »

when I initially read your post it was just dates and negative numbers....

lots of people charge markup, many of them utter shitters, you should be asking why people buy not why people sell.....

I would rather buy in someone with a -10% roi who was trustworthy than some punter who has won some flips already but is likely to snort the winnings.

when I ask someone for help I tend to listen rather than think they are wrong if I don't agree with them. but w/e to each his own.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2013, 03:58:47 PM »

In my opinion the key thing to notice is someone's ROI overs such a large sample size means they are grinding the hell out of the midweeks. Anyone who has a clue about online MTT's knows that with the Sunday fields (both in size and makeup of rec players) means that a 20% midweek ROI is a certain buy at 1.3 on a Sunday.

Not to mention in Dan's case he has won a shit ton of money on other sites in MTT's

Pretty tilted i got used to troll you Dan, but lets be honest, the call is pretty shit Smiley xx

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2013, 04:03:42 PM »

Ahh I edited soon after so you must have read it before so.

I promise you I am listening, I am just trying to offer an alternative view.

your view is valid but also a regularly put forth misunderstanding.

It's very hard to explain to someone you have 55% of the 200bb in the pot when you get it in pre with QQ vs AK and lose and have to reload another 100bb......

it also turns out that in mtts some people are just alot better at allins during their sample size than others.

if you're making an investment, especially a high variance small winrate one the concept of the person not being trustworthy is insane, if they are a 20% winner but theres a 50% chance of the money going into pit games before you even know the result you sure have made a profitable investment.

You also have to consider the event for the markup, would I rather buy in someone at 1.3 in the Wednesday 44$ 500 runner cap or the sunday million. less variance in the first because less runners, yet the ROI achievable is much less AND the standard of opponents will be tougher due to less sat qualifiers and the money meaning less to people. Good players edges are in play throughout all stages of a tournament, during the later stages the good players even have edges on the mediocre 'winning' regs and massive ones vs the fish. Not much use though if in your first sample of 50 allins you win a bowl amount of them. That doesn't get shown in a wall of stats.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2013, 04:23:20 PM »

I almost defended the OP earlier.  I was thinking everybody was been unduly harsh on him for posting a hand history, clearly deserves every bit. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2013, 04:28:54 PM »

Now Tikay will be able to brag about not being mentioned with the mord "misclick"

Nice
s4ooter

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2013, 04:31:33 PM »

OP i found this for you:

Co-Presenter of "In The Muck Poker" Podcast
Pointless Champion - Blonde 2013

Blogging at http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=13225.180
Jono3131

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2013, 04:38:58 PM »

OP i found this for you:

and a giant fuck you straight back at you.

So what I am taking from this thread is that the hand was played shit, but nobody wants to say so because Dan is there friend. You can never understand your true roi because there is too much varience, but just play small stakes midweek, make less per hour then you would working in Subway, then sell at a high markup on Sunday in the big tournaments and say 'it's soft because there will be satellite qualifiers'
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2013, 04:47:38 PM »

OP i found this for you:

and a giant fuck you straight back at you.

So what I am taking from this thread is that the hand was played shit, but nobody wants to say so because Dan is there friend. You can never understand your true roi because there is too much varience, but just play small stakes midweek, make less per hour then you would working in Subway, then sell at a high markup on Sunday in the big tournaments and say 'it's soft because there will be satellite qualifiers'

only the last few posts have been quite so direct...

At no point have I said he played it well, at no point have I suggested anything other than he was mentally ai preflop and thought well he's prob peeling the bulk of his wide opening range so well do whatever we can to keep it widest when we get the rest in.

just because you can have the opinion OF LOL RESULTS hardly makes what you say at all valid.

the fact you went about this thread posting someone elses hh and quantifying with things like I don't know anything but this is deffo shit and he doesn't deserve markup and he's untrustworthy.

pretty obvious why you're being told to fuck off.

#CLIQUES THOUGH
s4ooter

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2013, 04:50:03 PM »

Cheers,

Ill keep it with me at all times.

The difficulty with explaining things to a troll is just that.  You would have got more of a response from all if you had posted the hand and asked DC his thought process etc, instead of getting the HH and pretending your the Hero to get some replies before using that as a weapon to take a shot at Dan.  Thats just low.

Acting like a douche will get result in people not liking you much, whether you flame their friends or not.

Also posting comments about "making less than working at Subway!" and overcharging people etc when this is his job is deffo below the belt.  If i came into your workplace (i assume you have one) and attempted to pick your day apart, im pretty sure you'd be p*ssed.

Co-Presenter of "In The Muck Poker" Podcast
Pointless Champion - Blonde 2013

Blogging at http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=13225.180
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2013, 04:50:59 PM »

A bit less of the 'fuck you', 'no fuck you', 'no fuck you sir I insist' might be helpful.

Back in the old days there's no way a thread like this would have got to 3 pages without HU4ROLLZ?

Does no one do HU4ROLLZ any more?

Is it because 'no one haz rollz, everyone's staked'?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: