blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:18:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Annoying spot in Warmup
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Annoying spot in Warmup  (Read 10799 times)
Spyver

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2013, 12:42:13 PM »

its not Jono Beck
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2013, 12:45:54 PM »

its not Jono Beck

<3
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2013, 01:12:22 PM »

its not Jono Beck

lol lurkerrrrrr!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Jono3131

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2013, 01:19:31 PM »

Jono3131 the reason people are annoyed with your post is that posting a hand history of someone elses as if it's your own violates the trust people take for granted in a forum.

I come to this page to share in a poker discussion with like minded people. Occasionally just to help out other poker enthusiasts. I don't do it to inadvertantly partake in attacks on the skill level of other players. When someone posts a hand I assume they genuinely want to seek advice and improve not to highlight another member of the forums weaknesses.

Also using one hand to generate a discussion of what mark-up someone should justifiably be charging is foolish. Even if you watched someone as outstanding as Moorman or Brammer play an entire Sunday they will do at least a couple of plays that are horrendous. It's the nature of long hours multi-tabling.

Originally I posted the hand history as if it was my own as I didn't want people to know it was Dan, I just wanted people to give feedback on the hand so posted it as if it was my own. I don't believe I've done anything wrong in posting the hand, Dan did it originally, it's not like I just saw the hand and took it upon myself to make a thread about it. I am unable to post in the staking section so figured this was the right place to do it.

All I was looking for is someone to say 'yes it's played well because xyz' or 'no i don't think it's played well because xyz'.

I then got annoyed because if anything, I think I was getting trolled at the start by everyone, aside from Royal flush. then once everyone realised it was Dan everyone just started saying how out of order I was, instead of commentating on the hand itself (which is why I posted it as my own).

And then in the 3/4th page Dan says 'yes I played it badly' or something similar. As previously mentioned, if he had said this to the first person that questioned the hand I wouldn't of even battered an eyelid. By him implying it was something super standard I wanted to find out why.
Jono3131

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2013, 01:24:11 PM »

At no point in any of my first posts did I say Dan was not worth the markeup. I deduced that from the markup he sold at and the speed at he sold that he is obviously a better player then me. Therefore I wanted to know if this hand was played well, or badly (I am aware that you can sell at 1.3 and play hands badly).

I was then told to go and check OPR because that is why Dan is worth 1.3. So I did go and check OPR, and from what I could see by looking at games played, abi and profit, it seemed he wasn't. Then because I have insinuated that maybe Dan isn't worth 1.3 due to the results he told me to check, he takes it personally, as do all his friends.
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2013, 01:29:33 PM »

Fun Monday afternoon reading to be fair to Dan, he posted the hand in the first place, he could have simply gone:

A10<K4 BvB Sad FML tl;dr Die Pokerstars Die

I can also imagine trying to discuss strategy in detail whilst 200 tabling is pretty hard!
Jono3131

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2013, 01:46:48 PM »

As for posting anonymously and moaning about mark-ups, good job. I have a sharkscope graph that has a nice trend in the upwards direction, I'm trust worthy and I've had my fair share of binks and deep runs. I also work hard and take part in community discussion.

Why not be honest and say it's not the sharkscope, trustworthyness, work ethic etc you take into account when setting markups. You are just greedy and want to charge as high as you can while still selling out. Which you infer in your staking thread...
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2013, 02:19:13 PM »

It's a natural cycle imo. Economics. People gradually increase markup until they don't sell out / sell out v slowly / get flamed or called out on it. Then they chill. I was vguilty of this. Pushed it too hard with the Monte Carlo earlier this year and now have found the market equilibrium (wrong term given this v dysfunctional market but you get my drift).

Many better people than myself don't do this at all btw, and sell at no markup / bowl markup eg. Pleno, Rexas, which is fair play and wp to them.

Personally I'm trying to find a middle ground between squeezing the market for the highest price, and underselling myself and doing myself out of a fully justifiable premium.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Jono3131

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2013, 02:21:57 PM »

I understand the freemarket concept. However, do you not think that as a community you should be offering value? Rather then sucking it for as much as you can as often as you can?

**by 'you' I dont mean specifically yourself
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2013, 02:24:20 PM »

I understand the freemarket concept. However, do you not think that as a community you should be offering value? Rather then sucking it for as much as you can as often as you can?

**by 'you' I dont mean specifically yourself

Yes I do. Like I said, I think there's a middle ground, where you offer value (not just the best price someone will pay), but also don't do yourself out of a fair premium.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2013, 09:15:46 PM »

Everyone, thats enough please. Have had to delete a load of that

Agree to disagree but lets cool the flaming/language on all sides please

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2013, 09:27:06 PM »

Boom, ship the last "respectable" post itt

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2013, 01:21:11 AM »

rip beaneh? how long for?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
The Squid

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2013, 03:07:56 AM »

Any info on what Spyver's other post was on? Must have been a hot topic!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2013, 03:16:12 AM »

STANDARD Ellwood gogogo

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: