blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:12:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP Final table
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP Final table  (Read 30052 times)
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: November 06, 2013, 04:45:33 PM »

I guess the fact the the WSOP Final Table pretty much passed my by for the 4th year in a row confirms that the whole November 9 thing remains the worst decision ever made for the casual follower.

Finding out the final result has pretty much become an irrelevance these days, which is a real shame.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 06, 2013, 04:46:01 PM »

You are a pro poker player as such i feel you should show other pros respect. In the same way that Messi wouldn't go on twitter and say "lol how bad was that by Rooney" if Rooney made a mistake in the WC Final. You of course can have your feelings and express them privately by all means but going after fellow pros who are playing in an exceptionally unique situation is not on imo.

I agree with this too, and if I was a double bracelet winner like yourself or a big pro with lots of exposure I definitely wouldnt go about it on twitter saying lots of stuff.

Im just a

you $1-$2 wizard

posting on my local forum where only people who read are people i know virtually or in real life.

If Messi came to a world cup final and tried really hard but missed a penalty he probably wouldnt be deemed poorly by his fellow professionals, if it was the biggest game in his life and he turned up fat, hungover or like he just didnt care Im sure others would be disgusted.

I guess I am the Joey Barton of poker. Decent championship player who says it as he sees it.

Whilst Joey Barton might be a good player, he is a prick. He is largely disliked by both his peers and football fans. It's entertaining to watch his antics, but he comes across terribly. Please don't tell me you really view yourself that way.

I think a bunch of your posts all over the forum come off badly. Don't wanna start a war here but I'm not the only one who thinks so. Can chat about it on skype if you like but would be good to see you post in a slightly different way sometimes because theres a lot of great stuff in what you write.

I think that he comes across as a prick in probably 1% of his tweets, he just tweets a lot and is very honest so a tiny minority of the time he will look bad and this is what people remember. A lot of his content is really really good.

I agree with you too because im the same as him, i post in the rail, blogs, updates, staking, pha, lounge and sports! Im very opiniated, tell it exactly as I see it and dont think sometimes before posting, I apologised to red dog in my thread where I thought I was ool to him but just went back over this thread and think it is all standard. Im passionate about something, I post a lot and if ive posted 15000 times and 50 times have seemed like a prick then its such a small minority but ofc people will always remember this more than any other post.

Helmet.

(that was a joke)

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 06, 2013, 05:00:24 PM »

Wow supporting the Joey Barton of poker analogy, cool.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: November 06, 2013, 05:06:49 PM »

You are a pro poker player as such i feel you should show other pros respect. In the same way that Messi wouldn't go on twitter and say "lol how bad was that by Rooney" if Rooney made a mistake in the WC Final. You of course can have your feelings and express them privately by all means but going after fellow pros who are playing in an exceptionally unique situation is not on imo.

I agree with this too, and if I was a double bracelet winner like yourself or a big pro with lots of exposure I definitely wouldnt go about it on twitter saying lots of stuff.

Im just a

you $1-$2 wizard

posting on my local forum where only people who read are people i know virtually or in real life.

If Messi came to a world cup final and tried really hard but missed a penalty he probably wouldnt be deemed poorly by his fellow professionals, if it was the biggest game in his life and he turned up fat, hungover or like he just didnt care Im sure others would be disgusted.

I guess I am the Joey Barton of poker. Decent championship player who says it as he sees it.

Whilst Joey Barton might be a good player, he is a prick. He is largely disliked by both his peers and football fans. It's entertaining to watch his antics, but he comes across terribly. Please don't tell me you really view yourself that way.

I think a bunch of your posts all over the forum come off badly. Don't wanna start a war here but I'm not the only one who thinks so. Can chat about it on skype if you like but would be good to see you post in a slightly different way sometimes because theres a lot of great stuff in what you write.

I think that he comes across as a prick in probably 1% of his tweets, he just tweets a lot and is very honest so a tiny minority of the time he will look bad and this is what people remember. A lot of his content is really really good.

I agree with you too because im the same as him, i post in the rail, blogs, updates, staking, pha, lounge and sports! Im very opiniated, tell it exactly as I see it and dont think sometimes before posting, I apologised to red dog in my thread where I thought I was ool to him but just went back over this thread and think it is all standard. Im passionate about something, I post a lot and if ive posted 15000 times and 50 times have seemed like a prick then its such a small minority but ofc people will always remember this more than any other post.

Helmet.

(that was a joke)

The problem with being someone who 'says it as he sees it' is that's generally a terrible way to live your life. It will constantly alienate and upset people. It's just a basic human life skill to not do this. Call it tact, diplomacy, consideration or just kindness, but these are all good qualities to have as a human being that 'saying it as you see it' tends to be in constant conflict with.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 06, 2013, 05:34:52 PM »

I'm sure we;d all love to believe we;d be playing strong, optimal poker with $8,3m on the line

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 06, 2013, 05:42:05 PM »

This is a really good thread.

Spent longer reading it than watching the final fwiw.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 06, 2013, 05:42:52 PM »

I'm sure we;d all love to believe we;d be playing strong, optimal poker with $8,3m on the line

i struggle too do it with $8.3 on the line with out the M in there

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 06, 2013, 05:44:24 PM »

I think it's really judgemental saying that someone hasn't worked hard or isn't listening. Yes he has coaches in the corner but it's a bit different when you're sat at the table alone.

Not everyone's poker motivation is to be the best in the business. He's probably say playing heads up thinking about how much of his money he can spend on hookers and blow.

Poker's always been a leveller- if this guy makes some sizing mistakes doesn't mean you can call a spade a spade.

Plus I wouldn't say anything to him with those guns. just in case

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 06, 2013, 05:50:41 PM »

I think it's really judgemental saying that someone hasn't worked hard or isn't listening. Yes he has coaches in the corner but it's a bit different when you're sat at the table alone.

Not everyone's poker motivation is to be the best in the business. He's probably say playing heads up thinking about how much of his money he can spend on hookers and blow.

Poker's always been a leveller- if this guy makes some sizing mistakes doesn't mean you can call a spade a spade.

he was a professional poker player for a long time in Vegas too, hes an amateur now but hes played a lot of poker. Going to 2.7m to 4.5m is jsut inexcusable there is really no way it should ever happen.

Im not asking him to want to be the best in the business, im asking him to respect the luck hes got to get to where we would all dream of and make the best of it. If for some reason you were allowed to play for Man United in one match and you had 3 months to train, would you go in there for the first 5 minutes with no studs in your boots? Youd be really prepared and ready to go, the technical stuff (post flop) would obviosly be excusable but if you hadnt gained fitness etc you would be  an idiot.

Def wouldnt want to take him on in the ring.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 06, 2013, 05:53:04 PM »

last from me in this thread though, tried to just say how i felt about it and enjoyed watching the final too.

gg, grats reiss

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 06, 2013, 06:04:55 PM »

Can we get red dog itt

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 06, 2013, 06:06:50 PM »

he was a professional poker player for a long time in Vegas too, hes an amateur now but hes played a lot of poker. Going to 2.7m to 4.5m is jsut inexcusable there is really no way it should ever happen.

Im not asking him to want to be the best in the business, im asking him to respect the luck hes got to get to where we would all dream of and make the best of it. If for some reason you were allowed to play for Man United in one match and you had 3 months to train, would you go in there for the first 5 minutes with no studs in your boots? Youd be really prepared and ready to go, the technical stuff (post flop) would obviosly be excusable but if you hadnt gained fitness etc you would be  an idiot.

If I was gonna get 5.3m regardless I might try and score whilst eating a kebab

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 06, 2013, 06:09:51 PM »

Ha you owned me with that post. Moving you up to 5-10 Wink

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: November 06, 2013, 06:13:44 PM »

Can you come back and explain this please?
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 06, 2013, 06:14:09 PM »

I only watched it play to the final table the day before and all credit to reiss he was 11 th ? With 4 million chips he kept cool and got there ,farber  had some good cards to get his stack going and kept it up to come second ,he probably entered the main event as a rec with a dream like some of us do ,even tho we know we can't win ,fair play and well done to both of them ,personally I've enjoyed watching the coverage on espn and no doubt will do the same next year too  
Same as with darvin moon v joe cada there was always only going to be one result !  The pro / grinder should win
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: