blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:45:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Do we need ANTES in DTD's £15 to £50 Evening Comps (30 min clocks or less)?
Poll
Question: Should there be Antes in 1 Day £15-£50 comps?
No Antes - 59 (45.7%)
Yes - Keep Antes - 65 (50.4%)
Dont Care or Dont know - 5 (3.9%)
Total Voters: 128

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do we need ANTES in DTD's £15 to £50 Evening Comps (30 min clocks or less)?  (Read 24386 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2013, 10:07:39 PM »

Tikay, the idea of the voting being hidden is that you have to express your own opinion without seeing what others have said. It has to be YOUR view.

Nevertheless, good to see plenty of comments and involvement

It's not hidden ? Just have to click view results.

Phew!

I love you more every day, Ray.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2013, 10:08:37 PM »

Tikay, the idea of the voting being hidden is that you have to express your own opinion without seeing what others have said. It has to be YOUR view.

Nevertheless, good to see plenty of comments and involvement

It's not hidden ? Just have to click view results.

Never noticed that.

Apologies.

As you were.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
teamonkey

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2013, 10:19:38 PM »

and put a timer on action, get them to use their braincells quicker!!!!

Do you think new players who are nervous about playing live will enjoy this though ?

Valid point, however DTD are already running beginners tournaments to get people into the game, and if it is pointed out to them at this time that they have a reasonable amount of time to act, and how much hollywooding slows the game down, especially with the difference between online play, where most people learn the game (i imagine), and live play, where a dealer has to sort out pots, deal cards etc etc.

In a bigger game, say 100 and above, where the clock is usually 40+ minutes, and prizes are so much bigger, then yes, decisions may take longer, but in a £50 buy in 30 minute clock game, especially a 1 day tournament, then taking an age to call/fold becomes unreasonable imo

Obviously this is just my own thoughts put into words.

And i'm def in favour of bringing in new players, not because i can use my obvious skills to crush their souls, but because i want places like DTD to continue to run and expand. I love the game, i like to think that i am winning long term, but in reality i'm probably losing, however i'm doing it knowing i'm having fun, doing something i love, that now and then allows me to buy the wife some new shoes, and one day, i might run good enough to win a decent amount and do something significant with it for my family.

Plus, people like to play hands, give the showboaters less time to umm and ahhh about their hand and the recs like me get to play more hands per hour and enjoy the game more

Just, again, my opinion
gouty

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2013, 10:35:18 PM »

I just can't see a downside to antes for anybody really. Strategy wise I don't think anyone on here will disagree that they will give better players an edge. Correct? I think so.

Also once week players with their mates for a night out or the old boys in every night will mind. They now have something to do every hand. More fun. More interaction with people. That's why they have come out to play.

Even the players who will bet 425 in greens are giving you a tell.

Our local has just put them in and it's much better. No one moans at all as far as I heard. I won't vote as I don't play these at DTD.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2013, 10:45:49 PM »

I just can't see a downside to antes for anybody really.

Strategy wise I don't think anyone on here will disagree that they will give better players an edge.

Correct? I think so.

Second sentence contradicts first sentence.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
blueace

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2013, 10:53:07 PM »

What % of posters itt are actually the demographic being targeted here though ?

Does seem like most posts from those in favour is from a personal pov of ante's are incred, gotta keep the antes. Anyone who isn't a pro though has no reason to actually care about long term survival of the game, they can just find a different hobby.

I would say keep them in for the £50 bi and lose them for the rest, that way you give lower stakes players the chance to play better structures for less, which covers Pads' point, which was my first thought also, whilst making the game more fun for those looking for just that. I'd expect most of the people playing £20 comps will have a better experience without antes.

Great Post, Mr Ray.

Strongly Disagree. Since when was Poker a hobby for hobbys sake?
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 17, 2013, 11:24:18 PM »

What % of posters itt are actually the demographic being targeted here though ?

Does seem like most posts from those in favour is from a personal pov of ante's are incred, gotta keep the antes. Anyone who isn't a pro though has no reason to actually care about long term survival of the game, they can just find a different hobby.

I would say keep them in for the £50 bi and lose them for the rest, that way you give lower stakes players the chance to play better structures for less, which covers Pads' point, which was my first thought also, whilst making the game more fun for those looking for just that. I'd expect most of the people playing £20 comps will have a better experience without antes.

Great Post, Mr Ray.

Strongly Disagree. Since when was Poker a hobby for hobbys sake?

I disagree with ur disagree

They play poker cos it's fun. That's what a hobby is right?
Winning money is just extras.

Just me
TexasGrindEm

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2013, 11:37:14 PM »

I voted 'keep antes' but after reading Rob's post I totally understand where he is coming from and would like to vote for 'no antes'.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 18, 2013, 07:14:58 AM »

One thing I noticed speed wise is DTD dealers collect antes before dealing cards. Can't they distribute cards (whilst prompting for ante any that are missing) and then collect in antes. Would save time?

Blue text
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2013, 09:05:49 AM »

is it really a big issue? and if so id prefer simon actually doing the hands up vote in the club to the players that matter (feels more personal) and not people on here who dont play them or play them once in a blue moon.
i think the structures our spot on Smiley
Alot of players simply cannot afford deepstack etc so xxl and super50 our there serious games i know some players who our really good that play these, i believe alot of local players play these very loose and as fun agreed, but i also consider and know alot of players wana take these serious as its there only game and there not 'flicking in' 50quid.
maybe once a week would be ok.

maybe dtd could try different game formats at a cheaper buyin??? been suggested before but fell on def ears kinda

-bounty friday night perhaps or saturday xxl format(cheaper than before as it ended up costing £90 for a midweek game) - maybe £50 total get bums on seats and playing poker
-tag team games, or team game which our fun, i played one last weekend and one in vegas. really enjoyed it created a great atmosphere between teams
-pro bounty in games, get some local top players who have won deepstack etc to play smaller comps xxl/super50 and have multiply bounties in a game, know robs doing this atm around gentings and think this is a fantastic idea.

antes should stay, maybe players should be sent to the rail for a round if they keep ignoring dealers and not putting antes in lol, dealers need to be more assertive when asking players and let them know whos boss.

When you get to where you wana go
and you know the things you wana know
your smiling Smiley
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 18, 2013, 09:19:39 AM »

Can someone confirm if antes are staying for now. Me and a few mates planning to make the trip Friday but won't be coming if no antes. Ta

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
blueace

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2013, 01:05:33 PM »

Opinions, shmoopinions..... This thread shows the benefits of an absolute ruler/dictator. There is no conclusive result and some are threatening not to play if changes are made. Do what your good at Rob, give it a try, and make it a small sample size then see what happens. GL.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2013, 01:19:48 PM »

I generally much prefer tourneys to have antes, but voted to get rid here.
I never travel specifically to play a £15-£50 regular even, but when I bust from a main event and try and sit in one of these the ante's make it feel really crap shooty from pretty early on, especially when combined with the faster clock.

I think I'd quite enjoy a smaller buy in comp if I didn't feel like I was looking for a spot from level 3 Smiley

with the votes being so close, I'd suggest it was worth giving it a try and seeing how players feel having taken part.
GlennDuskTillDawn

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2013, 01:20:06 PM »

Can someone confirm if antes are staying for now. Me and a few mates planning to make the trip Friday but won't be coming if no antes. Ta

There will be ante's this week. No change yet, just getting a feel and opinions at the moment.

Glenn

*Formerly freshprinceofbetair

I work in the pokers. This does not make me good at pokers.
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2013, 02:37:31 PM »

Are boycotting ifs antes are removed ? One less player to beat!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: