blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:42:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Wild Rollercoaster - Just A Kid With A Lifelong Dream
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Wild Rollercoaster - Just A Kid With A Lifelong Dream  (Read 99981 times)
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: February 07, 2014, 07:40:23 PM »

Eso, it was on Facebook that he bust a little while ago.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 07, 2014, 07:48:07 PM »

Eso, it was on Facebook that he bust a little while ago.
Ah not on FB so didn't know

Ul Pete

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Ice Shade
The Forming Pride Of Nottingham

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: February 08, 2014, 01:53:48 PM »

Yeah sorry Eso, was a little depressing how it ended up happening...fairly sure i played the key hand right apart from one street so will be uploading the hand on here when i get chance. I was paying serious attention to it as i didnt want to miss the opportunity, so there's alot of details on the players. Again wish i could have done better for us Sad

Winning Isnt Everything...Wanting To Is...
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 10, 2014, 02:17:33 AM »

Yeah sorry Eso, was a little depressing how it ended up happening...fairly sure i played the key hand right apart from one street so will be uploading the hand on here when i get chance. I was paying serious attention to it as i didnt want to miss the opportunity, so there's alot of details on the players. Again wish i could have done better for us Sad

hand, hand, hand, hand!

Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: February 10, 2014, 04:08:50 PM »

Blinds: 100/200/25
Starting Stack: 19,500
BTN With  
UTG+2 Limps, HJ Limps, CO Limps, BTN Raise to 950
Blinds Fold, Fold, Fold, CO Calls

Pot: 2,850
Board  

CO Checks, BTN Bets 1,800, CO Calls

Pot: 6,450
Board   ( )

CO Checks, BTN Bets 4,200, CO Calls

Pot: 14,850
Board   ( )

CO Checks, BTN Bets 8,000, CO Calls

CO Shows   wins an 8 High Flush
BTN Shows   loses with 3 of a Kind - Tens

----------

Right, i'd been pretty active...I was very aware of that, and the cutoff had not been getting tricky (in fact very few people had) and had in fact been VERY face up, the two hands he had made monsters of had been raised in peoples faces, so him calling the flop roughly told me a decent equity hand, but not much past that, 10's down, suited connectors, that sort of thing....when the flop came down and i c-bet his call wasnt all that quick but he displayed no sign of weakness...im not putting him on 8's or a 10 because given how he's been playing they get stuck in my eye on the flop...I'd imagined either a pocket pair or a single eight...When the turn hits and i fire the second bullet im 100% confident im still ahead, but aware of the second heart im trying to price that kind of crap out (Was this enough to do that?), this time however he's staring me out...and i mean intensely staring me out, it struck me his hand was crap and he was just wondering if i had the ten...so im basically commiting to my read at this stage, most likely an 8 given how he calls the flop. He eventually dwell calls. When the river hits (Wrongly) im not too scared of the flush. Im fairly confident in the idea nobody on my table was loose enough to call the flop with nothing more than a backdoor, and if ive got him on the 8, he straight up can't have two hearts...that said his dwell-stare call made me feel a river bet gets called by worse almost all of the time given how active ive been...i thought the shove could put him off given that it was an effective all in for him (roughly the same starting stack)...the 8k was purely a value bet basically...

Now im probably the worst. And will likely get abused for this hand. But i had my reasoning behind it all...I just could not put him on the flush given how the hand went down, i didnt think he was that daft to call off on the flop. And i stand by the idea stronger hands on the flop would have made themselves aware...he had not demonstrated any way to be tricksy...

*Cowers in the corner*

Tommy Bingham

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 10, 2014, 06:22:52 PM »

« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 06:24:23 PM by Tommy Bingham » Logged

Never folding... Bros just coming at us. We have a pair, if we're beat, we can always flop a set.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 10, 2014, 06:38:21 PM »

Well said, Tommy

Aaaaaanywaaaaay...

Before the people who know what they're doing show up, it doesn't look to me like a particularly bad hand. I think I probably err on the side of caution too often on the river, as I wouldn't be surprised if I checked behind too often. Checking the river from him looks a little odd, as how is J9 or any of his hands you beat going to win this pot without either leading the scare card or getting all funky with the check-raise?

What is going to call your 8k bet? Your action seems fairly overpairy to me, so I don't believe he's calling with bluff catchers very often.

I don't mind your value bet on the end, although I suspect you could bet less, given more hands you lose to call than those you beat. Interested in what the adults think...

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 10, 2014, 08:56:47 PM »

cliffs?

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 10, 2014, 10:08:54 PM »

BTN With  

Board  

Board   ( )

Board   ( )

----------

The whole hand confuses me if im honest.
Why raise on the button with this hand? Hardly a premium and surely we want to be seeing a flop multi ways? Not sure why we would ever raise, and so big too? If raising i might make it 1100 or something, never 9bbs.
As played, just seems your bet sizing seems too big all the way down, flop more like 1100 1200 maybe and 4200 is wayyy to big. If you read him for an 8 why would you bet nearly 3/4 of the pot? surely you want to keep him in for a river bet? Even draws you want to come along for a street sometimes.
River just seems so weird, im with Tal, sometimes a check behind is fine, but most of the time im betting. COuld he not have A10hh or something like that? or another heart combo with a 10?
Pot on a whole seems weird, im the first to admit the dtd players can be bad and Im guilty of this more than often. But he flats 1800 pre, then pure floats on that board with 6 high no immediate draws?

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 10, 2014, 10:27:35 PM »

hh reading fail.

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 10, 2014, 10:31:11 PM »

do apologise, my bad on the HH pre flop, was 4 tabling, watching die hard and cooking pizza while writing it.
sorry haha, think all else is alright

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 10, 2014, 10:43:08 PM »

BTN With  

Board  

Board   ( )

Board   ( )

----------

The whole hand confuses me if im honest.
Why raise on the button with this hand? Hardly a premium and surely we want to be seeing a flop multi ways? Not sure why we would ever raise, and so big too? If raising i might make it 1100 or something, never 9bbs.
As played, just seems your bet sizing seems too big all the way down, flop more like 1100 1200 maybe and 4200 is wayyy to big. If you read him for an 8 why would you bet nearly 3/4 of the pot? surely you want to keep him in for a river bet? Even draws you want to come along for a street sometimes.
River just seems so weird, im with Tal, sometimes a check behind is fine, but most of the time im betting. COuld he not have A10hh or something like that? or another heart combo with a 10?
Pot on a whole seems weird, im the first to admit the dtd players can be bad and Im guilty of this more than often. But he flats 1800 pre, then pure floats on that board with 6 high no immediate draws?

pokerplayingfarmer

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 10, 2014, 10:49:33 PM »

Ok time for my first barge in on someones diary!

As a player who likes to be active my self I see no problem with the pre flop raise, squeeze a couple out in position why not? A lot worse hands to see flops with on the button.

Tbh I probably keep firing down the streets just the same as you did, river included, you've been active so you know your going to get paid by a lot of weaker value hands like pretty much any pocket pair, any 8, maybe even hero called by Ace high from the true non believers.

Making assumptions maybe, but I'm thinking the villain here has picked up on your activeness and called the flop bet (thinking why would you bet 1900 if you actually had a ten) with the intentions of a bluff on a later street, possibly turn, more probable a river bluff imo.  you've shown no signs of slowing down on the turn so thinking now goes that you might actually have something, but they now have the draw, which gets there.

Villain is a non believer and has floated to bluff, hit runner runner.  Unlucky you in my view.

I would say 'normally' though, the 4200 should have been enough to make the draw fold on a paired board.  

I've never got it.....ever
Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: February 10, 2014, 11:30:22 PM »

Seems the consensus is around my bet sizing yeah...feels good that the major error is one like that and not like the 45o hand of before xD

Im thinking about the check behind on the river and possibly...but there's no straight, any full house would have made itself known (given who he is), so any raise on a street and everything plays totally differently...
Flop raise: I probably save at least one street
Turn raise: Probably sends me to the rail, seeing as i probably level myself into thinking i want to push him off a flush draw (im the worst)
River shove: Most likely find the fold...given the table dynamic...

Not sure i want to put this down to bad luck because its interesting to work out if the check on the river is optimal...not too sure

WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 10, 2014, 11:51:29 PM »

BTN With  

Board  

Board   ( )

Board   ( )

WP. I play exactly the same, didnt bother reading the big paragraph under it, but if you're trying to find ways of getting away/losing less in the hand then you're thinking into it way too much. IMO not betting any of the streets or even betting less at any point would be losing value in the long term.

In this comp you're going to get stationed down here by worse hand A LOT. Very few hands you lose to (64hh just shouldn't be a part of his range you should even consider tbh, don't know how he ever has that). You've flopped the joint... bet big big big, it's the way forward esp vs a villain who's already overlimped and peeled OOP.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: