blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:50:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Wild Rollercoaster - Just A Kid With A Lifelong Dream
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Wild Rollercoaster - Just A Kid With A Lifelong Dream  (Read 99393 times)
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2013, 05:29:07 PM »

not a cash game player?

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Ice Shade
The Forming Pride Of Nottingham

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2013, 05:37:21 PM »

not a cash game player?

Not at present, I've never quite been a fan of the idea that i can take someone out for chunks and (as happened to be in the past) someone stand up and declare "im going to get that bratty nosed bastard" and put down a wallet i could never contend with...i love tournaments more for the strategy that is present in that, usually, once you are gone you are gone, none of this "well i have one bullet and you have fifteen" bullshit.

I reckon if i had the kind of roll that could withstand the variances of cash games i'd probably be better suited to them due to my playstyle, but for as long as i need backing into XXL's, it sorta makes clear cash is not something for me!

Winning Isnt Everything...Wanting To Is...
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2013, 05:47:06 PM »

surely as a semi pro/ pro as you said, 20k winnings etc
not a cash game player?

I reckon if i had the kind of roll that could withstand the variances of cash games i'd probably be better suited to them due to my playstyle, but for as long as i need backing into XXL's, it sorta makes clear cash is not something for me!

if you play semi pro/pro why do you need backing for the xxl's? or bowls as rexas likes to call them

Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2013, 05:59:58 PM »

surely as a semi pro/ pro as you said, 20k winnings etc
not a cash game player?

if you play semi pro/pro why do you need backing for the xxl's? or bowls as rexas likes to call them

Semi pro/pro with regards to volume and the fact it's a primary source of income for me. The reasons i require backing on basically all levels is simply the issue that, at present, im flat broke...and i do not subscribe to the idea that "if you cant afford half yourself you should never play", because if that was the case i'd have forgone the last three years entirely

with regards to the $20k winnings, it is as most pro's are, visible as winnings, but only so much reaches my pockets...i will do a blog in a later date explaining why im now broke

CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2013, 06:16:34 PM »

looooool no holding back Frankie!

Ive heard worse, trust me

What worse have u heard from me ?
Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2013, 06:17:40 PM »

looooool no holding back Frankie!

Ive heard worse, trust me

What worse have u heard from me ?

Not from you, but in general. I've had to answer some strange ones, if i remember the best ones i'll stick them on here for a laugh

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2013, 06:19:53 PM »

surely pro volume is playing most nights/ online/all over the country. GPS, deepstacks, even smaller comps elsewhere. lot of the guys around dusk, who are pros, alex, stato etc are always playing online, or travelling all over the place. would possibly see that as a pros volume.
then again, i really dont know how often you play, but as you said in the last post im guessing yo havent got the backing for the bigger comps. think alot of people under estimate what it takes to be a proper reg 'pro'.
dont mean to be playing devils advocate, but i know what the likes of Pleno, lildave etc will say when they read!

Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2013, 06:25:22 PM »

surely pro volume is playing most nights/ online/all over the country. GPS, deepstacks, even smaller comps elsewhere. lot of the guys around dusk, who are pros, alex, stato etc are always playing online, or travelling all over the place. would possibly see that as a pros volume.
then again, i really dont know how often you play, but as you said in the last post im guessing yo havent got the backing for the bigger comps. think alot of people under estimate what it takes to be a proper reg 'pro'.
dont mean to be playing devils advocate, but i know what the likes of Pleno, lildave etc will say when they read!

Nah it's all fair points and I'm open to changing my view on things...One thing i'd question however is i defiantly do not see myself as an amateur anymore, so it would have to be semi-pro if i was to land myself anywhere. I don't consider myself pro in the same breath as those guys (I'd take some serious flack if i did, and rightly so!). One can be professional by definition, but not by peer assessment. This is one of those corner cases from the look of things.

With regards to the bigger comps i have backing on tap for anything up to the £300 deepstack, What's not known is my intentions to start travelling a bit more as of next year...My volume is fairly decent, it's far more than the XXL regs, but not as much as those that just came back from Prague for example. The aim is to start to play bigger come 2014, which is part of the reason i started this in the first place. As an avenue to express myself during the ride.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2013, 06:38:17 PM »

im a silent observer!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2013, 06:54:43 PM »

im a silent observer!

a trivial observer?

« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 07:00:15 PM by verndog158 » Logged

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2013, 08:04:16 PM »

i think ive said trivial probably 7 times lifetime lol

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
DrDreh
RehK47

The Rehfish

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2013, 11:40:27 PM »

Verndog is the best.  Listen to him and you'll never go wrong.

a law student at nottingham university, rehman is indeed terrible
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2013, 11:45:09 PM »

Verndog is the best.  Listen to him and you'll never go wrong.

Wow Vern, I didn't realise you had two accounts

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2013, 12:04:34 AM »

haha what can i say Gilly, i have many fans! rehfish, ill give youn that 20 quid tomorrow Wink
ha sorry pleno, trivial was more a term for you being a silent observer!
ice shade, what are your plans for 2014 then?

CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2013, 01:21:02 AM »

haha what can i say Gilly, i have many fans! rehfish, ill give youn that 20 quid tomorrow Wink
ha sorry pleno, trivial was more a term for you being a silent observer!
ice shade, what are your plans for 2014 then?

His plan for 2014 is to be like his hero Frankie !
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: